All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account@kylegriffin1 Checks and Balances, the conservative legal group founded in part by George Conway, on the Mueller report: "We believe the framers of the Constitution would have viewed the totality of this conduct as evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors."
  3. Hibi

I Just Watched...

LOL. That could be.....
  4. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

POLITICO‏Verified account@politico Team Trump’s tweets and public statements in the last few days could expose the president to fresh charges of witness intimidation and obstruction of justice https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/24/mueller-report-trump-evidence-1288798
  5. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Christina Reynolds‏Verified account@creynoldsnc Trump ordering Administration officials to ignore subpoenas is him believing he is above the law. Period. Full stop. We should all be afraid of that.
  6. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Keith Boykin‏Verified account@keithboykin If Trump still thinks the Mueller Report totally exonerated him, why is he refusing to allow his aides who spoke to Mueller to testify to Congress?
  7. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

MSNBC‏Verified account@MSNBC .@JoeNBC on President Trump’s comments that complying with congressional requests is unnecessary after the Mueller probe: “We may in fact have a constitutional showdown that may only be played out in the courts.” https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/are-we-headed-for-a-constitutional-showdown-1505666115504?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma
  8. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Kyle Griffin‏Verified accoun @kylegriffin1 In the last days/hours/minutes, the Trump admin: * Ignored the 2nd deadline for Trump's tax returns * Sued the Oversight Cmte. & Trump's accounting firm * Told Carl Kline not to testify before the Oversight Cmte. * Decided to fight a Judiciary Cmte. subpoena for McGahn to testify
  9. Det Jim McLeod

I Just Watched...

The Devil Bat (1941) 5/10 Here is a film for really dedicated Lugosi fans. It cannot compare to his 1930s Universal classics but better than most of his Poverty Row films of the 1940s and 1950s. He plays a mad scientists who invents a shaving lotion that attracts his giant killer bat to attack his victims. Bela gets some good lines that only he can deliver. The only other interesting thing about this one is Dave O'Brien as the reporter hero of the film. Most TCM fans today will recognize him as the goofball character in the numerous Pete Smith Specialty short films shown frequently on the channel. Cult film fans will also remember him as one of the guffawing pot heads in "Reefer Madness". One thing that I find striking about him is the uncanny resemblance he has to the later 1960s and 1970s character actor James Olson.
  10. Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

And Rush was golfing with the dotard-in-chief this past weekend.
  11. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Stephanie Ruhle‏Verified accou@SRuhle Stephanie Ruhle Retweeted CNBC This is a surprise to absolutely NO ONE Will @realDonaldTrump comment on it?
  12. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

CNBC‏Verified accou@CNBC Foxconn and Wisconsin are renegotiating their massive factory deal, governor’s letter reveals In a letter to Foxconn exec Louis Woo, Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers reiterated that Foxconn approached the state last month about making changes to a historic development deal for a factory in the state. The deal, announced in 2017 at a White House ceremony, was meant to create 13,000 jobs, and Wisconsin offered billions in incentives to get it done. Since then, the deal appears to have stalled out. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/23/foxconn-wisconsin-governor-tony-evers-renegotiating-letter.html?__source=twitter|main
  13. TopBilled

Where movie characters live

Home Sweet Hollywood Recent Listing "Downtown Phoenix. Nice customers. Cranky boss. Low wages. And I know what Mel puts in his BarB-Q. Trust me, you'll want to order something else." -- Alice Hyatt ALICE DOESN'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE (1974)
  14. scsu1975

NOW PLAYING (100 YEARS AGO)

From April 24-16, 1919, the feature at the Poli was Three Men and a Girl, starring Marguerite Clark (as Sylvia Weston) and Richard Barthelmess (as Christopher Kent). Released on March 16, 1919 at five reels, the film is presumed lost. Plot: Christopher Kent and Julius Vanneman have had bad experiences with women, so their friend Dr. Henry Forsyth, who has also sworn off women, joins the pair at a club where they hope to escape from the fair sex. However, the trio are constantly disturbed by female callers, so they rent a country home owned by a man named Weston. Weston’s daughter, Sylvia, is promised to a rich old man whom she despises. She runs out on her wedding ceremony and decides to hide out in her father’s country home. When she arrives, she finds food on the table, and after a hearty meal, wraps herself in her wedding gown and falls asleep on a couch. When the three men return to the home, they find Sylvia and are beside themselves. They cannot throw the girl out of the house, so they decide to let her stay the night. The next morning, Sylvia’s nurse arrives, and the two women move into a small building near the main house. The three men create a “dead line,” marked off with a rope, between the houses, with the understanding that no one is to encroach on the other’s property. But one by one, the men soften and spent more time at the dead line with Sylvia than avoiding her. Sylvia falls for Kent, whom she calls her “little bear,” while she refers to the other two men as “big and middle sized bears.” Although the men become jealous of each other, Sylvia and Kent end up happily together. As with many of Clark’s films, this one sounds cute. If the plot reminds you of the Goldilocks story, it’s probably because the film was based upon a stage play entitled “The Three Bears,” which premiered on Broadway in October of 1917. The National Juvenile Motion Picture League of New York apparently looked askance at films with “questionable” title cards. In this instance, they suggested cutting the lines “How the devil did I know it was a woman” and “Good Lord, just like a woman.” Exterior scenes were filmed at Loon Lake in the Adirondacks. The two other “bears” were played by Percy Marmont (the light-haired fellow in the stills) and Jerome Patrick (the dark-haired gentleman with the mustache). Both were born outside the United States, and both had appeared in the 1917 stage version of “The Three Bears.” Marmont, a native of Great Britain, lived into his 90s. Patrick, a New Zealander, suffered a loss when his father William died in New Zealand, a few months before the film opened. Then Jerome died in 1923, after making only a handful of films. Some newspapers claimed the cause of death was a “nervous disorder.” However, Variety reported that Patrick had died of heart disease at the Neurological Institute in New York.
  15. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

POLITICO‏Verified account@politico The Trump camp is descending on Pennsylvania as alarms grow over 2020 Trump's campaign is moving to shore up the state after 2018 midterm elections that saw Republicans get blown out in races up and down the ballot https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/24/trump-pennsylvania-2020-1288797
  16. Today
  17. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

ABC News‏Verified account @ABC The woman who left a bag of puppies in a dumpster was arrested and charged with seven felony counts of animal cruelty after authorities found 38 dogs at her residence. The abandoned pups are currently in foster care. https://abcn.ws/2Zmwybk
  18. TopBilled

Home Sweet Hollywood Recent Listing "Nicer than our previous home. This time we got a cement pond in the backyard. You oil come visit us when you get the chance." -- Jed Clampett THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES (1993)
  19. rayban

I Just Watched...

I love this film. It is one of my favorites. If I remember correctly, here, it was called "The Easy Life". Vittorio Gassman was a knockout. It's a far cry from his Hollywood flick, "Rhapsody".
  20. You would think by THIS TIME cigarette companies would have reconfigured their formulas to offer a less chemically laden product. Tobacco itself is a natural organic product and far less harmful than those corporately created cigarettes. Adding harmful chemicals should be illegal. Our food is regulated for safety, why not cigarettes?
  21. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Matthew Gertz‏Verified account@MattGertz Matthew Gertz Retweeted Justin Baragona Martha MacCallum is one of the people Fox wanted to host a Democratic primary debate, claiming that she "embod[ies] the ultimate journalistic integrity and professionalism." http://mediamatters.org/blog/2019/03/0 … Media reporters should be aware that Fox's attempt to shoehorn MacCallum in with the likes of Chris Wallace and Shep Smith is a fairly insulting attempt at gaslighting that assumes you are all stupid. If you've ever watched her show you know she's a conservative ideologue.
  22. TopBilled

Home Sweet Hollywood Recent Listing "Good a place as any to get run off your land." -- Tom Joad THE GRAPES OF WRATH (1940)
  23. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Justin Baragona‏Verified account@justinbaragona Love to watch one of Fox News "hard news" shows and watch Rush Limbaugh claim Hillary Clinton led a silent coup against Donald Trump and needs to be indicted and in jail while the anchor smiles and nods along.
  24. TopBilled

Home Sweet Hollywood Recent Listing "I use this luxurious estate for holiday sleigh rides, and for times when I need to convince my boss I live in the country." -- Elizabeth Lane CHRISTMAS IN CONNECTICUT (1945)
  25. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Josh Chafetz‏Verified account@joshchafetz Josh Chafetz Retweeted Donald J. Trump Serious question: If the House impeached, and if Trump then went to court seeking an injunction against holding a Senate trial, how many votes on the current Supreme Court would there be for overturning Nixon v. United States? I'm guessing more than one but fewer than five. (For those who don't know, Nixon v. United States was a 1993 case holding that impeachments present a nonjusticiable political question. The "Nixon" was Judge Walter Nixon, not President Nixon.)
  26. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Matthew Gertz‏Verified account@MattGertz Fox & Friends, 7:10 am Trump, 8:10 am
  27. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

George Conway‏ @gtconway3d George Conway Retweeted Donald J. Trump (1) You’re lying again. (2) It’s astounding how little understanding you have of the Constitution you’ve sworn to uphold.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us