All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. speedracer5

Somewhat Off-Topic: What have you been reading lately?

They released an additional set of Lucy and Ethel working at the chocolate factory. So I suppose if I had both sets, I'd have 2 Lucy Chocolate Factory dolls. I'm not a big doll person either, and I especially dislike the Mattel sets where all the dolls look like Barbie and Ken wearing costumes. I appreciated that they actually made the dolls look like the people they're supposed to represent. I really liked the Lucy ones however, and there are quite a few that I'm missing. I really want the one of Lucy with her "Jacques Marcell aka Ricky Ricardo original." As more time goes on, the more expensive these dolls get. With the exception of only a couple of my dolls, most of them I got when they were new. The Vitameatavegamin doll I got in '98 when I was in 9th grade. That was the first doll of the series. There is an entire collection of I Love Lucy Christmas dolls that I do not have--each cast member is packaged individually, dressed as Santa. These dolls are very expensive, especially the Fred Mertz one. I don't know if I'll ever have those. Now I have my eye on 90210 dolls and those are more expensive than Lucy. So I don't know if that'll ever happen. I wish I had gotten those dolls back in elementary school when they were out originally. My problem with library books is that I take too long to read them and end up having to return them unread or partially read. I'm cruising through Tori Spelling's autobiography though. I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. Many of my I Love Lucy books are from the 90s and others are ones that I've just acquired throughout the years of collecting. I haven't purchased any Lucy books for a long time however. There haven't been any good ones out for a long time. I think the last one I got was the Laughing With Lucy, Madelyn Pugh's (sole female I Love Lucy writer) autobiography. There is also a Vivian Vance biography that I don't have, and another one about Vance and William Frawley, Meet the Mertzes, that I don't have. I've read both however.
  3. lavenderblue19

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

Deep In the Heart of Texas - Susan Hayward ( Jane Froman) in With A Song In My Heart another song with a state in the title (skip NY and CA)
  4. LonesomePolecat

It's A Wonderful Town

SUNDAY IN NEW YORK Including the title song because it's my fav song about NYC https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Tdj7m096s
  5. Dr. Somnambula

Why I love TCM

Oh, that 2000. Ben does a segment where he is no longer shocked by the age (youth) of the viewers. I don't love TCM. I like it a lot, but more specifically, the movies. If I could get many of those movies from a single On-Demand provider, guess what I would do? TCM should be a premium channel. All movies and no commercials, sounds just like TMC, The Movie Channel. Back in my day, TMC was one channel and we got $10/month for it. This was from my on-going career with cable TV and the year was 1984.
  6. filmnoirguy

Marsha Hunt is 102 today

Wonderful actress. 102 Birthday Cheers to her! She, along with Olivia de Havilland and Kirk Douglas, belong to the Actors Over 100 Club.
  7. Peebs

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

6. Joined a convent in Kansas to become a nun. She became ill, left the convent, and married Fred MacMurray the following year.
  8. NipkowDisc

HOLLYWOOD REPORTER ARCHIVES ... BULLITT ...

dam right! the mcqueenster knew what he was doing.
  9. LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Autumn in New York" Next Song with US state in title (not NY or CA)
  10. lavenderblue19

It's A Wonderful Town

Jeffrey, you hit a home run with this thread, right out of Yankee and Shea Stadium
  11. speedracer5

Why I love TCM

I like to go to the early bird special between 3p-5p M-Th and pay like 1/2 the price.
  12. Isn't that it in the center? Or are you saying there's an "Ethel" part to the set-that you don't have. That's a totally AWESOME book collection, several I'd like to read. I prefer reading library books and giving them back, storage is such an issue. Many of the oversize picture books I inherited from friend's estates. I've gifted many away, like Westerns. I don't like dolls very much, but they really captured the spirit of Lucy & the costumes. I'd buy any one of them, but I especially like the Lucy & Desi sets. There's something heartbreakingly Shakesperean about the huge success/huge failure of their lives.
  13. Peebs

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Alan Ladd was in "Duffy's Tavern" with Paulette Goddard
  14. Terrence1

Name the comedy

Bowery Bombshell Next: Connie Gilchrist
  15. NipkowDisc

Ron Ely

what a a terrible loss for the man, I hope he keeps in mind that millions love him as perhaps the best actor to ever play tarzan.
  16. Terrence1

A to Z of Characters

Elliott, Margaret, played by Bette Davis in "The Star"
  17. Jeffry Oliver

It's A Wonderful Town

Thanks lavenderblue19. That was my NYC, my hometown. My neighborhood.
  18. Terrence1

The Men Have It

Tab Hunter was in "Battle Cry" with William Campbell.
  19. Terrence1

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Olivia was in "The Proud Rebel" with Alan Ladd.
  20. Terrence1

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Washington, Denzel
  21. Terrence1

*A to Z of Movies*

Zardoz
  22. MarshaKatz

ClassiCategories

NATIONAL VELVET (1944) CAPTAIN'S COURAGEOUS (1937) TREASURE ISLAND (1934 & 1950) POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL (1936)
  23. bluebirdsfly

*A to Z of Movies*

You Again (2010)
  24. bluebirdsfly

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Venable, Evelyn
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?