All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dr. Somnambula

the big question

Sling TV has a decent Cloud DVD for extra $5.
  3. starliteyes

Actor/Movie Association Game

Lauren Bacall
  4. starliteyes

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Nash, Mary
  5. LawrenceA

Ron Ely

I have the SCTV DVD box sets. On one of them, there are lengthy interviews with the cast and writers. When the inevitable comparisons to SNL are brought up, one of them, I think Dave Thomas, said that it really isn't fair to compare the two, as they were made very differently. SNL writes all of its sketches in a 2 or 3 day marathon before the show night, with attempts made to tailor to them that week's host and their strengths and weaknesses. Then they rehearse them only two or three times, and before performing them live with no re-takes possible. On the other hand, SCTV was a filmed show with no rushed deadlines, and they had a lot longer to get the writing polished and the performances just right before putting them on film/tape. I agree that SCTV was a funnier show sketch-for-sketch, but they had a lot of advantages to achieve such success that the SNL people didn't and still don't.
  6. Fedya

Ron Ely

Ely was also in The Remarkable Mr. Pennypacker (1959), in which Hollywood's favorite father, Clifton Webb, plays a bigamist with 17 children by two wives.
  7. LonesomePolecat

ONE word titles

ODETTE (1950)
  8. starliteyes

It's A Wonderful Town

Babes on Broadway
  9. starliteyes

*A to Z of Movies*

Unconquered
  10. LonesomePolecat

TWO word titles

PRIVATE ANGELO (1949)
  11. starliteyes

THREE word titles

12. starliteyes

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Monty Woolley was in Since You Went Away with Shirley Temple.
  13. Princess of Tap

Ron Ely

SCTV-'- one of my all-time favorite TV series. SNL had singular talents at different times, but in general the show never came close to this Canadian gem.
  14. Yesterday
  15. GGGGerald

A to Z of Characters

Unger, Felix - The Odd Couple (1970)
  16. LonesomePolecat

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Get Happy" Next Another song about happiness
  17. LonesomePolecat

ClassiCategories

BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON has ON MOONLIGHT BAY FRANKENSTEIN has THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN and SON OF FRANKENSTEIN
  18. GGGGerald

the big question

SlingTV has its on TCM Demand with about 60 films available. Basically films that have aired in the past couple of weeks. I believe its only the east coast feed. If that matters to a person, they should take that into account. I really don't care when it airs, I can just watch it on demand the next day or so at my leisure.
  19. GGGGerald

ClassiCategories

The Miniver Story (1950) In like Flint (1967)
  20. Princess of Tap

"Pret 'a Porter"
  21. DJBeacon

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Mazurki, Mike
  22. Peebs

Tim Robbins
  23. DJBeacon

"The Green Mile" (1999)
  24. Arturo

The 1st Classic Movie Director That Comes To Mind

Thank you Princess. Next: A director that remade one of his silent films as a talkie. Name the director and film(s).
  25. DJBeacon

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

"The Exorcist" (1973) Next: levitation
  26. Dr. Somnambula

the big question

True. No need for the Watch TCM app. Not sure if Sling TV has East/West feeds and On-Demand like Hulu with Live TV.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us