All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Absolutely. Would we even be discussing her if she wasn't Bette Davis' daughter? I just picked up Luft's book at a library sale...curious after seeing the Canadian production based on her memoirs. I found Luft's story interesting because of the unique situations she found herself because of her famous parents. She seems to simply "state the facts, ma'm" and not demonize anyone's shortcomings or hold bitterness. I completely agree with your observations. Whenever I hear someone whine about how bad their childhood was I respond by saying, "Aren't you glad you're an ADULT and have control of your own life now?" Most people realize - once they grow up - their parents did the best they could. (esp if they have children themselves) Taking responsibility of your own life-it's called maturity. Nasty, bitter stories blaming others just smacks of immaturity to me. Not a surprise BD has given her life over to religion-just a "mother" substitute. I always thought BD was adopted, but must have been thinking about Christina Crawford. BDe is the spitting image of Bette. Haha, comparing the BD/Christina keeps the "Feud" going to a second generation.
  3. TopBilled

TCM and Other Sources for Classic Film

Sunday April 21, 2019 Chevy Chase on Starz FLETCH with Tim Matheson FLETCH LIVES with Hal Holbrook
  4. Arturo

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Boy you are dense, aren't you. Please note: ASYLUM SEEKERS COMING TO THE U.S. TO SEEK ASYLUM IS A LAWFUL ACT!!! They are not breaking the law or coming here illegally!!! Your white supremacist militia group, otoh, appear to be breaking the law.
  5. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

CNN Breaking News‏Verified account@cnnbrk Sri Lanka police spokesman says the death toll has risen to 207 in coordinated attacks across the country
  6. cigarjoe

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Yea well take it with a grain of salt Twumpy..... It was written by Christopher Buskirk who has a media bias rating of Leaning Right. Buskirk is the publisher and editor of American Greatness, a publication that aims to be "the leading voice of the next generation of American Conservatism." He is also a contributing opinion writer at The New York Times, where he writes commentary from a right-leaning perspective. Why are we not surprised????? We're coming for you...
  7. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Steven Beschloss‏ @StevenBeschloss No, it’s not the “Southern White House.” That’s shameless branding by an emoluments-violating kleptocrat who’s looking to further cash in in the years ahead. And no, he’s not happy. The malignant narcissist is just going through another mood swing of arrogance and grandiosity.
  8. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Dan Scavino 🇺🇸‏Verified account@DanScavino I am with the President at the Southern White House, I have never seen him happier!
  9. TopBilled

ClassiCategories

one thousand three eighteenth category At the airport THE RUNAWAY BUS (1954) THE V.I.P.S (1963) PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES (1987)
  10. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

STAYING ALIVE (1983)
  11. TopBilled

Actor/Movie Association Game

Edmund Gwenn
  12. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Brian Stelter‏Verified account@brianstelter This embarrassing error was up for 20 minutes before being deleted.
  13. TopBilled

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Garrett, Betty
  14. TopBilled

Bette Davis' daughter talks about witchcraft

It didn't do as well as the first book. It was a sequel, where she talks about how she and her family dealt with the negative publicity of the first book. She hadn't reconciled with her mother, and of course would not. They remained estranged and Bette died in 1989. To my knowledge she hasn't written about her mother's death, though that may be referenced in the lectures she has posted.
  15. Sepiatone

Hottest Teen Idols

Well, they ain't showing up on my desktop, and maybe there's something to that. Sepiatone
  16. Sepiatone

Overrated talents ?

I think this one's gonna get a lot of personal "dislikes" posted as "overrateds" . There are a lot of actors and actresses that many people really adore that many others just can't stand for one reason or another, and vice-versa. I very early on in my tenure here, expressed MY feeling that ADOLPHE MENJOU only had a talent for being an annoying presence, and the "blowback" from many here, who are/were HUGE fans was Tsunami like. So........ Sepiatone
  17. TopBilled

Not all her lectures are on witchcraft and cauldrons. On her website she has over 500 hours of free lectures available for the public to download. She covers a wide variety of topics, but of course, they are from the perspective of a fundamentalist Christian. http://bdhyman.com/shop/
  18. Spritz Nipper

Hottest Teen Idols

Did I not embed them correctly? I can see them fine.
  19. Det Jim McLeod

No, I wasn't even aware of that.
  20. TopBilled

Did you read the second book? It's called "Narrow Is the Way." It came out in 1987, two years after the first book.
  21. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Week‏Verified account@TheWeek As Brexit looms, Brits are eyeing citizenship elsewhere, via @pritheworld: https://bit.ly/2XzSWMX
  22. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Daily Beast‏Verified account@thedailybeast Here's why Easter is called "Easter" https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-is-easter-called-easter?via=twitter_page
  23. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account@realDonaldTrump Happy Easter! I have never been happier or more content because your Country is doing so well, with an Economy that is the talk of the World and may be stronger than it has ever been before. Have a great day! 7:04 AM - 21 Apr 2019
  24. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Tony Posnanski‏Verified account@tonyposnanski Replying to @realDonaldTrump It’s an opinion. Op-Ed means an opinion article. It’s also a **** opinion and you won’t get an apology.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us