All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. mr6666

Trump & the Saudis?

Putin visits Saudi Arabia in sign of growing ties Putin signs oil agreements and discusses regional security in his first visit to the kingdom since 2007. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/10/putin-visits-saudi-arabia-sign-growing-ties-191014171206513.html?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5da4fe40594d1700014c5984&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
  3. mr6666

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

Kurds Strike Deal with Putin and Assad in Syria: 'We Had to Choose Between Compromises and the Genocide of our People' https://www.newsweek.com/kurds-strike-deal-putin-assad-syria-donald-trump-criticized-1464950?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=NewsweekTwitter&utm_medium=Social
  4. mr6666

Trump vs Turkey & Kurdish allies....

@MSNBC NEW: Senate Majority Leader McConnell: “I am gravely concerned by recent events in Syria and by our nation’s apparent response thus far ... Withdrawing American leadership from this pivotal region would not serve our nation’s short-, medium-, or long-term interests." =======================
  5. LonesomePolecat

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Burne, Nancy
  6. What was part of my PAID cable service (TCM) was "without notice" dropped from the programming. Xfinity blams TCM for this sneaky move. Now you would have to PAY $$$ to get the TCM station which is now included with lots of pay-for-sports channels. Makes no sense to me?? In my view ... this is a form of extortion!! “There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think (more sports) it would be good for him.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
  7. LonesomePolecat

The first actor/actress that comes to mind..

Ann Miller next ballet dancer
  8. LonesomePolecat

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES next pumpkin
  9. DJBeacon

Double Feature

"Big Trouble in Little China" (1986) "The Thing" (1983) starring Kurt Russell
  10. DJBeacon

ClassiCategories

"The Exorcist" "House on Haunted Hill" "The Shining"
  11. Peebs

A to Z of Characters

Timberlake, Cathy (Doris Day in That Touch of Mink)
  12. DJBeacon

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

"Arthur" (1981) Next: excessive drinking
  13. jaragon

No Words

Joe continues to tease with his stretching ability...
  14. DJBeacon

A to Z of Characters

Stutely, Will (Whit Bissell in "Tales of Robin Hood")
  15. Peebs

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Joanne Dru was in "Forbidden" with Lyle Bettger
  16. Peebs

Aykroyd, Dan
  17. DJBeacon

Zapata 666
  18. Samuel L. Jackson Next: tap dancer
  19. Peebs

A to Z of Characters

Ruettiger, Daniel "Rudy" (Sean Aston in "Rudy")
  20. Today
  21. DJBeacon

Your Favorite Potent Potable with a Movie

speedracer5, Those sound like some great choices and pairings. I'm a very dry vodka martini guy, depending on the mood, sometimes a twist and sometimes a few blue cheese stuffed olives. And they both would work well with the Thin Man flicks, probably more with the twist. And maybe a Gimlet with Nick and Nora. Just bought a fantastic tequila, Clase Azul Reposado, and that would be so nice to slip along with "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre". CHEERS!!
  22. BagelOnAPlateOfOnionRolls

Briefly Lyrical

"When I See An Elephant Fly" from Dumbo, with lyrics by Ned Washington and music by Oliver Wallace
  23. Peebs

Actor/Movie Association Game

The Pajama Game (1957)
  24. Paul Robeson Next: bald
  25. DougieB

Top Five Favorite Judy Garland Movie Songs

It probably shouldn't count, but "They Say It's Wonderful" was recorded (in stereo) for the Annie Get Your Gun soundtrack and it's a really nice version. I love "Better Luck Next Time" from Easter Parade, the song she sings alone at the bar after she fled Ann Miller's opening. I also really like "Howdy Neighbor (Happy Harvest)" from Summer Stock, the number she sang on the tractor. ("When you work for Mother Nature, you get paid by Father Time.") And, of course, "Get Happy". "Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart" from Listen, Darling was supposedly her audition song for MGM and became a concert staple, almost as much a signature song as "Over the Rainbow". "The Man That Got Away" was practically a master class in itself. Totally agree with Det. Jim about "But Not For Me". So: (1) "Over the Rainbow" (2) "Get Happy" (3) "The Man That Got Away" (4) "But Not For Me" (5) "Better Luck Next Time".
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us