All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. TopBilled

Bette Davis' daughter talks about witchcraft

It didn't do as well as the first book. It was a sequel, where she talks about how she and her family dealt with the negative publicity of the first book. She hadn't reconciled with her mother, and of course would not. They remained estranged and Bette died in 1989. To my knowledge she hasn't written about her mother's death, though that may be referenced in the lectures she has posted.
  3. Sepiatone

Hottest Teen Idols

Well, they ain't showing up on my desktop, and maybe there's something to that. Sepiatone
  4. Sepiatone

Overrated talents ?

I think this one's gonna get a lot of personal "dislikes" posted as "overrateds" . There are a lot of actors and actresses that many people really adore that many others just can't stand for one reason or another, and vice-versa. I very early on in my tenure here, expressed MY feeling that ADOLPHE MENJOU only had a talent for being an annoying presence, and the "blowback" from many here, who are/were HUGE fans was Tsunami like. So........ Sepiatone
  5. TopBilled

Not all her lectures are on witchcraft and cauldrons. On her website she has over 500 hours of free lectures available for the public to download. She covers a wide variety of topics, but of course, they are from the perspective of a fundamentalist Christian. http://bdhyman.com/shop/
  6. Spritz Nipper

Hottest Teen Idols

Did I not embed them correctly? I can see them fine.
  7. Det Jim McLeod

No, I wasn't even aware of that.
  8. TopBilled

Did you read the second book? It's called "Narrow Is the Way." It came out in 1987, two years after the first book.
  9. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Week‏Verified account@TheWeek As Brexit looms, Brits are eyeing citizenship elsewhere, via @pritheworld: https://bit.ly/2XzSWMX
  10. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Daily Beast‏Verified account@thedailybeast Here's why Easter is called "Easter" https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-is-easter-called-easter?via=twitter_page
  11. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account@realDonaldTrump Do you believe this? The New York Times Op-Ed: MEDIA AND DEMOCRATS OWE TRUMP AN APOLOGY. Well, they got that one right! 7:40 AM - 21 Apr 2019
  12. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Jeff Tiedrich‏ @itsJeffTiedrich Replying to @realDonaldTrump a white dude burned 3 black churches to the ground right here in America and you have yet to say a word about that, mister best president ever sir, why is that? are we ready to stand to help in Louisiana? or were there some "very fine people" on both sides of the gas can?
  13. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account@realDonaldTrump 138 people have been killed in Sri Lanka, with more that 600 badly injured, in a terrorist attack on churches and hotels. The United States offers heartfelt condolences to the great people of Sri Lanka. We stand ready to help!
  14. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Reuters Top News‏Verified account@Reuters More than 100 killed in Sri Lanka in bombings at three churches and four hotels https://reut.rs/2ZltX1v Sri Lankan police reported two more explosions, one at a hotel near the national zoo in the Dehiwela area near Colombo
  15. Sepiatone

Theme Songs That Fit A Movie or TV Show Perfectly

Oh. OK.... I get it now.... It's a 1946 RECORDING of his score for a 1931 movie. Kinda surprising to me that Newman "borrowed" so heavily from GEORGE GERSHWIN. Heard a lot of strains of "Rhapsody In Blue" and "Porgy" in that one. But at least IT( unlike the last few previous samples) fits the criteria.... And, IMHO, taking the whole movie and it's storyline in context, this "main theme" for me works very well. In fact, the ENTIRE movie score is among the best ever composed. Sepiatone
  16. Det Jim McLeod

I read her book "My Mother's Keeper", thinking it might be another "Mommie Dearest" but I found B.D. to be kind of whiny and nit-picky. Whereas Joan Crawford seemed like a monster, Bette comes off more like a cranky old broad. I mean, one of B.D. complaints was that her mother served cold cuts at a party(oh the horror!)
  17. TopBilled

Dargo, I do think it's interesting that she posted a lecture on The Jezebel Spirit. So you can't help but wonder if some of her religious discussions have her mother at the root of the analysis. There's an audio lecture she posted two months ago called Generational Curses. Does she consider her mother a curse? Her most recent audio lecture was posted just three days ago. That one was called What Is a Familiar Spirit?...so maybe she feels her mother's spirit is still haunting her.
  18. TopBilled

She was married at 16. Bette gave consent. B.D.'s husband was 29 at the time of the marriage. According to the IMDb, they were married on the 31st of December 1963 in a civil ceremony then had a church ceremony four days later on the 4th of January 1964. They were married in an Episcopal church. B.D.'s husband was British (though I assume he became an American citizen). They became born again Christians in 1984. Their first son Ashley was born in 1969, and their second son Justin was born in 1977.
  19. Sepiatone

" The Green Pastures ", Sunday

As I've never really heard that complaint before, further explanation is requested. Sepiatone
  20. Det Jim McLeod

Hotties From Early TV

not sure if anyone mentioned Inger Stevens yet
  21. Sepiatone

Hottest Teen Idols

Wish I could see those pics! Had to go look hher up elsewhere.... Sepiatone
  22. Det Jim McLeod

Name 10 Facts About This Actor

10) He was on a episode of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" where he played an elderly man who dates Mary. Next- Sal Mineo
  23. Already think I write about this on here, know I did many places elsewhere Has any TCM-ITE went to check out the new live action remake of Disney's DUMBO or not yet, or plan to? \As for me I always recall a bad picture more then just a mediocre one & this borders on both all the way (**-at the most) &what a drag/letdown from it's many heartbreaking trailers! It's just non existent is all, something is missing& especially considering it's cast-(even Michael Keaton & Danny de Vito are dull as dishwater here) ^ Then there is Tim Burton of course in whats now possibly his weakest effort. It focuses on the kids for 1 problem more then him (DUMBO) & virtually no strong score to this time around? & especially considering the 1941 all-time classic is so special in every way possible So, please reply & let folks know what you think either way? THANX
  24. Yeh, those Axis leaders had to be pretty dumb not to notice the camera rolling on them in that meeting, especially when the cameraman had "Hal Roach Studios" written on his cap.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us