All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Defenestrator

Intriguing Low Life Characters

Jeff Corey and Ann Sothern in Lady in a Cage (1964)
  3. NickAndNora34

I Just Watched...

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION (2006)//A MIGHTY WIND (2003) *Score: 6/10 & 5/10* Casts: Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Parker Posey, Ed Begley, Jr., Rachael Harris, Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, Bob Balaban, John Michael Higgins, Jane Lynch, Jennifer Coolidge, Fred Willard, Larry Miller, Paul Dooley, Michael Hitchcock. Monday and Tuesday evening, I watched both of these Christopher Guest mockumentaries. I have been a fan of his for a little while now, and wanted to give these a try, as I had never seen them before. I must say I preferred "Best in Show" and "Waiting for Guffman," but these were definitely still watchable. For Your Consideration: This centers around an independent Jewish film that is being filmed and produced, and the Oscar rumors surrounding it. 3 of the major cast members believe that they will be nominated for Academy awards for this film, and this results in inflated egos and radical character changes. Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are certainly a match made in heaven; I enjoy seeing them together in Guest's films, as well as on the current tv show: "Schitt's Creek." A Mighty Wind: Several folk singers/groups band together (pun intended) in order to pay homage to their late manager. I wasn't as invested in this one as "For Your Consideration," but I still enjoyed it. I honestly find Fred Willard so funny in all of these movies. Everyone is fantastic, but for some reason, he makes me laugh the most.
  4. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Daniel Dale‏Verified accou@ddale8 Conservative media outlets roundly mocked Ocasio-Cortez for saying the VA isn’t broken. Trump just said she was right (so he could take credit for the non-brokenness). As always: Trump did not pass or sign the Choice bill. Obama did, in 2014. Trump signed the VA MISSION Act, which modified the Choice program. This is the 65th time he has made this claim.
  5. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account@realDonaldTrump Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is correct, the VA is not broken, it is doing great. But that is only because of the Trump Administration. We got Veterans Choice & Accountability passed. “President Trump deserves a lot of credit.” Dan Caldwell, Concerned Veterans of America 12:54 PM - 24 Apr 2019
  6. LawrenceA, I think you’ve got it! After reading the synopsis I’m about 100% certain Chosen Survivors is it! Thank You!
  7. NipkowDisc

Intriguing Low Life Characters

jabba and leia...
  8. TopBilled

Name the comedy

A KISS IN THE DARK (1949) Next: Fernando Lamas
  9. this is why you simply cannot trust far-out radical liberal progressives like this unbelievable schtootz. maybe the real question is why they even believe in at all in the concept of punishing crime. but I would ask if sanders recognizes that most sensible people, liberal and conservative, do not agree with him on this...and I would suggest he well knows it. so there it is. if this schtootz were ever president he would substitute his convictions over the contrary views of hundreds of millions of his fellow americans and that is the rudimentary nucleus of tyranny. this nutcase wants murderers, rapists and child molesters to be able to vote in prison.
  10. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

JACKIE BROWN (1997)
  11. TopBilled

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Underwood, Blair
  12. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Daily Kos‏Verified account@dailykos 'Students for Trump' founder charged with fraud, bilking would-be clients, and faking his identity https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/23/1852602/--Students-for-Trump-founder-charged-with-fraud-bilking-would-be-clients-and-faking-his-identity
  13. Terrence1

A to Z of Characters

Fulton, Edwina, played by Ginger Rogers in "Monkey Business"
  14. Terrence1

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

Susan Hayward was in "Back Street" with John Gavin.
  15. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Axios‏Verified account@axios JUST IN: Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General John Gore will not comply with a subpoena from House Oversight compelling him to testify about the Trump administration's addition of a citizenship question to the 2020 Census https://www.axios.com/justice-department-rejects-house-oversight-subpoena-census-citizenship-question-18a59bd3-c7c5-402b-aa5b-04162726d1ad.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100
  16. Terrence1

Name the comedy

Road to Rio Next: Jane Wyman
  17. Duterte threatens 'war' against Canada over trash shipped to Philippines Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte has threatened to "go to war" with Canada if the country doesn't take back tons of trash a Canada-based company had shipped to Manila several years ago. "I'll give a warning to Canada maybe next week that they better pull that (trash) out," he said Tuesday, according to CNN Philippines. "We'll declare war against them, we can handle them anyway." According to CNN Philippines, 103 containers holding 2,450 tons of trash were shipped to the Philippines in 2013 and 2014. The containers were labeled as plastics for recycling, but inspectors in Philippines found the garbage was not recyclable. The trash was declared illegal as the private Canada-based company responsible for shipping the cargo didn't have import clearances. Last year, China moved to ban "foreign garbage" as a way to reduce environmental damage. The restrictions have reportedly led to recycling waste piling up in developed countries with nowhere to send it. "I cannot understand why they are making us a dump site" said Duterte, who warned that he would sail to Canada and dump the trash there himself, adding: "The garbage is coming home." *************************************************************** Poor Canada is being picked on by the Philippines now, almost like the garbage barge that got lost in New York.
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Helen Kennedy‏Verified account@HelenKennedy Helen Kennedy Retweeted Des Moines Register Someone wants a cabinet job.
  19. Terrence1

*A to Z of Movies*

The Incredible Shrinking Man
  20. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Des Moines Register‏Verified account@DMRegister #BREAKING: @joniernst suggests federal government misused its power to spy on @realDonaldTrump for political reasons as part of its investigation into Russia's efforts to influence 2016 election. Via @brianneDMR https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2019/04/24/iowa-senator-joni-ernst-federal-government-misused-power-spy-president-donald-trump-mueller-report/3559979002/
  21. Terrence1

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Truex, Ernest
  22. TopBilled

TCM schedules

April 25, 2019: 6:00 a.m. The Bride's Play (1921) 7:15 a.m. Winter Meeting (1948) 9:15 a.m. Oscar Wilde (1960) 11:00 a.m. A Fine Madness (1966) 1:00 p.m. Cyrano de Bergerac (1950) 3:00 p.m. It's a Wonderful World (1939) 4:30 p.m. Three Men on a Horse (1936) 6:00 p.m. Kismet (1955) FAN DEDICATIONS 8:00 p.m. Brief Encounter (1945) 9:45 p.m. The Shop Around the Corner (1940) 11:45 p.m. Gigi (1958) 2:00 a.m. The Great Jewel Robber (1950) 3:45 a.m. Meet Me on Broadway (1946)
  23. jamesjazzguitar

a new hate target for the left: Kate Smith

Sorry, but my posts have really confused you; I was talking about changing the lyrics to a song that was already recorded. I.e. a third-party editing an existing recorded song to remove non PC lyrics. As for John Lennon and The Beatles; all my comments about them have been sarcastic related to the absurdity of removing this Kate Smith statue. But here is a serious question; What should be condemned more; a singer that sang offensive lyrics they didn't write (e.g. Smith), or a singer that is singing offensive lyrics they wrote (Lennon)? Clearly the latter (if one is into condemning artist for NON-PC content). For a singer to be called-out for singing lyrics they didn't write is talking this 'oh, they have been offensive' path way to far IMO.
  24. Defenestrator

Jokes about the movies

I found one line quite witty on an episode of the "Hawaii Five-O" reboot recently. The team converges upon the villainous rich guy's home and the butler asks if they have an invitation. A Five-O member flashes his badge and says "Yes. Mine is engraved."
  25. Today
  26. TopBilled

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

ANASTASIA (1956) Next: soccer
  27. TopBilled

Actor/Movie Association Game

THE IRON CURTAIN (1948)
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ