All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. TopBilled

Where movie characters live

Home Sweet Hollywood Recent Listing "I am no longer at this Shell Oil Plant. But if you want to contact me and Ma, you can still reach us by sending your cards and letters to the top of the world." -- Cody Jarrett WHITE HEAT (1949)
  3. Princess of Tap

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

Nelson Eddy's Stout Hearted Men, from New Moon Next: A song associated with a big movie star
  4. Arsan404

A to Z of Characters

(Mother) Emmanuel - Edith Evans in The Nun's Story
  5. Arsan404

Name the comedy

Christmas in Connecticutt next: Warren Beatty
  6. TopBilled

Home Sweet Hollywood Recent Listing "This is where I prefer to live on the other side of the mirror." -- Alice ALICE IN WONDERLAND (1933)
  7. laffite

Welcome Back, Dude

I was gone for six months and for a nano second I thought it might be for me. But only for a second. I would never get such a splash as that. I am like Charlie Brown. Nobody likes me. Wah !!! But that's okay. At least I don't have to deal with Lucy Van Pelt. Uh oh, here she comes with a scowl. AAUUUUGH ! good grief
  8. Arsan404

*A to Z of Movies*

Bad Day at Black Rock
  9. LawrenceA

FORGOTTEN Oldies

You mean Who's Next. That's one of my favorite releases of their's, and one of my favorite rock albums of all time. Every song on it is a keeper. My personal favorite is "Bargain". But I don't mind "Squeeze Box", either, although it's not one of my favorites from them.
  10. Arsan404

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Preston, Robert
  11. I didn't think Paris, Texas wasn't a noir because much of it was sunny. I didn't think Paris, Texas wasn't a noir because, unlike all other examples of the genre, it's not about a crime, just an unhappy marriage.
  12. Arsan404

Adapt Ability

The Right Stuff next: J.D. Salinger
  13. LawrenceA

Robert Mueller submits Russia report

Yeah, but you're in NY, just as James is in California. Your states are going Blue regardless of who the candidate is. I'm in Florida, one of the true battleground states, and from what I've seen/heard, any Dem candidate has a tough road ahead to beat Trump here.
  14. Arsan404

ClassiCategories

Do operettas count? Babes in Toyland
  15. TopBilled

Home Sweet Hollywood Recent Listing "This is where I live with my husband. Only I don't plan to be married much longer. See that swell guy walking down to his car? His name's Walter. He's going to help me get rid of my husband and make it look like an accident." -- Phyllis Dietrichson DOUBLE INDEMNITY (1944)
  16. LawrenceA

I Just Watched...

Living Venus (1961) - 4/10 Schlock meister Herschell Gordon Lewis made his feature directing debut with this adults-only drama. William Kerwin, who would later show up in several of Gordon's other efforts, stars as a Hugh Hefner-esque magazine editor who conceives of a men's magazine featuring nude models, to be named Pagan. His first major layout features model Danica D'Hondt as the "Living Venus", you know, so it's classy and artsy and stuff. Have I mentioned that the chief photographer is played by Harvey Korman in his debut? There's only a small bit of nudity, but enough to make this unplayable in most theaters of the day. However, it did well enough that Gordon and frequent producing partner David F. Friedman followed this with a string of nudie flicks that raked in the grindhouse dough with the trenchcoat crowd, before eventually changing genres and adding graphic gore to horror films in Blood Feast (1963). Source: internet
  17. Whose place is the most ideal in...
  18. cigarjoe

FORGOTTEN Oldies

You don't like squeeze boxes?
  19. cigarjoe

From where I'm sitting (10 miles from Woodstock, N.Y.) people are breakin' out the pitchforks and lightin' the torches.
  20. Princess of Tap

a new hate target for the left: Kate Smith

You may be too young to remember Eddie Fisher. Before he married Elizabeth Taylor and had all that controversy, he was the top pop singer in the mid-1950s. His Idol was Al Jolson and he even named one of his daughters Jolie. He sang pop but he also sang an awful lot of Al Jolson's repertoire. Along with Judy Garland and Sammy Davis jr., He sang a lot of mammy songs. One of the top Al Jolson songs was a song called " Rockabye ". *An through the sixties Eddie got a lot of pushback about some of the lyrics. But he continued singing the song and substituted some of the lyrics, which some people felt were the most offensive. Another one of my favorite singers is Jack Jones. His biggest hit was an early 60s song called "Wives and Lovers" that many feminists today consider to be sexist. It was written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David. Every time he sings that now he makes some kind of a mea culpa or apology with it, but he goes on singing it because it was his biggest hit. I'm sure I'll think of some other examples later, but as life goes on things change, people have different opinions and different viewpoints. And that's just kind of the way it is. BTW-- Do you remember that "Sergeant Pepper's" song where the guy admits beating his woman but he doesn't do it anymore? Well, as far as that's concerned I never liked that song. LOL
  21. Yesterday
  22. mr6666

some POSITIVE News...for a change

World's First Malaria Vaccine Launches In Sub-Saharan Africa ".....the first approved vaccine aimed at stopping a human parasite. It's for malaria — and the hopes are that one day the vaccine could save the lives of tens of thousands of children each year. "This [rollout] is a massive success of the research community," says Dr. Pedro Alonso, who directs the Global Malaria Programme at the World Health Organization. This vaccine — called RTS,S — is one of the few immunizations designed and launched specifically to help young children in Africa, https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/04/23/716378835/worlds-first-malaria-vaccine-launches-in-sub-saharan-africa?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20190423
  23. Swithin

First Movie SONG That Comes to Mind

"Jubilee" sung/played by Louis Armstrong in Every Day's a Holiday (1937) Next: Sung in the army near battle
  24. jamesjazzguitar

FORGOTTEN Oldies

Big Who fan until they came out with Squeeze Box. Talk about a major step down from anything on Who's Come Next (especially my favorite Who song, Behind Blue Eyes).
  25. mr6666

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Hill‏Verified account @thehill 6m6 minutes ago Twitter removes 5,000 bot accounts defending Trump against Russia probe http://hill.cm/G3xQeBN
  26. jamesjazzguitar

No I didn't think Trump would win. Yea, my prediction are often incorrect. So what. What I want in 2020 is for Trump to be defeated. I believe a long drawn out failed impeachment attempt only helps Trump. I could be wrong again. Either way, Pelosi gets it which is why she issued that statement.
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us