All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Terrence1

A to Z of Characters

Holst, May, played by Claire Trevor in "The High and the Mighty"
  3. Surprise surprise, 5,000 trump Twitter followers are Bots. Some have posted as many as 30 times each against the Mueller Russian probe.
  4. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

The Daily Beast‏Verified account@thedailybeast Franklin Graham calls for Pete Buttigieg to repent for being gay https://www.thedailybeast.com/franklin-graham-calls-for-pete-buttigieg-to-repent-for-being-gay
  5. NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

waita the real fun starts, democrats, I'm just getting warmed up. lotsa fun coming, lotsa fun.
  6. NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

gonna have provolone sub sandwiches tonite just like I did last nite. had a couple of oreo brownies for a late nite snack last nite but this morning hadda chocolate milkshake. I got 2 oreo brownies left and 3 packs of Grandma's chocolate chip cookies and plenty of milk.
  7. LawrenceA

I Just Watched...

The Mongols (1961) - 5/10 Italian epic featuring Jack Palance as Ogatai, the bloodthirsty son of Genghis Khan, leader of the Mongol Hordes. Their conquests have led them all the way to Eastern Europe, so Poland sends their hero Stepen of Krakow (Franco Silva) to try and make peace with the Mongols before they invade. Also featuring Anita Ekberg as Ogatai's woman, Antonella Lualdi, Gabriella Pallotta, Pierre Cressoy, Gabriele Antonini, Gianni Garko, George Wang, Lawrence Montaigne, and Roldano Lupi as Genghis Khan. There's little historical accuracy, but I wasn't expecting much, either. Palance is unhinged, sweaty, and breathes really hard. Ekberg sticks out like...well, Anita Ekberg in a movie about Mongols. There are a few rousing action scenes, but not enough, and there are many boring patches throughout the 115 minute running time. Maybe it has something to do with the three credited directors: Andre De Toth, Leopolda Savona, and Riccardo Freda. Source: internet
  8. MovieCollectorOH

Why do some classic movie fans bash newer films?

Maybe some of these people are going for IRRESPECTIVE instead? It is syntactically correct and is similar enough in meaning to REGARDLESS. Another case can be made for me with DRAGGED/DRUG. There is something about "I drug him kicking and screaming out of the fight" that just sounds off to me. I occasionally hear others use it like that though. Just makes the gears clash in my head, and I wasn't even a 'liberal arts' major.
  9. LawrenceA

RIP 20th Century Fox

Disney Axing Multiple Fox Films The scrapping of the costly tentpole Mouse Guard was just the start of Disney’s gutting of 20th Century Fox’s film development and preproduction slate. A new report at THR indicates Disney studio chief Alan Horn is culling further projects. As previously reported, Paul Greengrass’ drama News of the World and an adaptation of Angie Thomas’ best-seller On the Come Up were both put into turnaround and were subsequently snagged by Universal and Paramount respectively. Now Ted Melfi’s mental-hospital-set dramedy Fruit Loops which was to star Woody Harrelson is also likely to be put in turnaround. Sources for the trade say Mouse Guard was but due to it being too expensive for a nonfranchise film, while On the Come Up was scrapped because the critically acclaimed The Hate U Give underperformed. The only guaranteed safe films are the Avatar sequels with the second one finishing filming last week. Five others are likely to go ahead: Kingsman: The Great Game, Fear Street, West Side Story, Free Guy and Death on the Nile. However even those five are under increased scrutiny with Horn questioning the plan to have young characters smoking onscreen in West Side Story. It’s also tipped that Clint Eastwood’s The Ballad of Richard Jewell will likely be the first Fox greenlight of the new era. Separately The Observer reports that one other likely safe film is Artemis, the new project from Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse) and based on The Martian author Andy Weir’s 2017 novel. The story takes place in the late 2080s and is set on the first and only city on the moon. http://www.darkhorizons.com/disney-axing-multiple-fox-films/
  10. The veteran actor Ken Kercheval -- best remembered for his years as Cliff Barnes on the longrunning CBS series "Dallas" -- has died at the age of 83. He expired after contracting pneumonia at his home in Clinton, Indiana on Easter Sunday after a long bout with cancer. Kercheval and Larry Hagman -- who played Barnes' arch-nemesis J.R. Ewing -- were the only "Dallas" regulars to stay with the series throughout its original run from 1978 to 1991. At the heart of the series was the longstanding feud between the Barnes and Ewing families. Willard "Digger" Barnes (first played by David Wayne, and then by Keenan Wynn) always claimed that he was cheated out of a fortune by his former partner, the oilman and rancher Jock Ewing (played by Jim Davis). Digger Barnes also seethed over the fact that Ewing married his love interest Eleanor "Miss Ellie" Southworth (played by Barbara Bel Geddes and, for one season, Donna Reed). The Barnes-Ewing feud spilled over into another generation. Cliff, who became an assistant district attorney, frequently tried to get the upper hand over the slick J.R., Jock Ewing's eldest son and the president of Ewing Oil. But J.R. usually found a way to outsmart his family rival. Meanwhile, Bobby Ewing (played by Patrick Duffy) stunned his family when he married Pamela Barnes (Victoria Principal), Digger's daughter. When a "Dallas" reboot began airing on cable station TNT in 2012, Kercheval returned for occasional episodes as Cliff during the series' three seasons.
  11. bluebirdsfly

A to Z of Characters

Gatsby, Jay played by Robert Redford in The Great Gatsby.
  12. bluebirdsfly

*A to Z of Movies*

Key Largo (1948)
  13. bluebirdsfly

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Verdon, Gwen
  14. bluebirdsfly

Name a Celebrity - Name a Movie

John Gavin was in Psycho with Anthony Perkins.
  15. Today
  16. Defenestrator

Intriguing Low Life Characters

Jeff Corey and Ann Sothern in Lady in a Cage (1964)
  17. NickAndNora34

I Just Watched...

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION (2006)//A MIGHTY WIND (2003) *Score: 6/10 & 5/10* Casts: Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Parker Posey, Ed Begley, Jr., Rachael Harris, Michael McKean, Christopher Guest, Bob Balaban, John Michael Higgins, Jane Lynch, Jennifer Coolidge, Fred Willard, Larry Miller, Paul Dooley, Michael Hitchcock. Monday and Tuesday evening, I watched both of these Christopher Guest mockumentaries. I have been a fan of his for a little while now, and wanted to give these a try, as I had never seen them before. I must say I preferred "Best in Show" and "Waiting for Guffman," but these were definitely still watchable. For Your Consideration: This centers around an independent Jewish film that is being filmed and produced, and the Oscar rumors surrounding it. 3 of the major cast members believe that they will be nominated for Academy awards for this film, and this results in inflated egos and radical character changes. Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara are certainly a match made in heaven; I enjoy seeing them together in Guest's films, as well as on the current tv show: "Schitt's Creek." A Mighty Wind: Several folk singers/groups band together (pun intended) in order to pay homage to their late manager. I wasn't as invested in this one as "For Your Consideration," but I still enjoyed it. I honestly find Fred Willard so funny in all of these movies. Everyone is fantastic, but for some reason, he makes me laugh the most.
  18. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Daniel Dale‏Verified accou@ddale8 Conservative media outlets roundly mocked Ocasio-Cortez for saying the VA isn’t broken. Trump just said she was right (so he could take credit for the non-brokenness). As always: Trump did not pass or sign the Choice bill. Obama did, in 2014. Trump signed the VA MISSION Act, which modified the Choice program. This is the 65th time he has made this claim.
  19. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account@realDonaldTrump Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is correct, the VA is not broken, it is doing great. But that is only because of the Trump Administration. We got Veterans Choice & Accountability passed. “President Trump deserves a lot of credit.” Dan Caldwell, Concerned Veterans of America 12:54 PM - 24 Apr 2019
  20. LawrenceA, I think you’ve got it! After reading the synopsis I’m about 100% certain Chosen Survivors is it! Thank You!
  21. NipkowDisc

Intriguing Low Life Characters

jabba and leia...
  22. TopBilled

Name the comedy

A KISS IN THE DARK (1949) Next: Fernando Lamas
  23. this is why you simply cannot trust far-out radical liberal progressives like this unbelievable schtootz. maybe the real question is why they even believe in at all in the concept of punishing crime. but I would ask if sanders recognizes that most sensible people, liberal and conservative, do not agree with him on this...and I would suggest he well knows it. so there it is. if this schtootz were ever president he would substitute his convictions over the contrary views of hundreds of millions of his fellow americans and that is the rudimentary nucleus of tyranny. this nutcase wants murderers, rapists and child molesters to be able to vote in prison.
  24. TopBilled

*A to Z of Movies*

JACKIE BROWN (1997)
  25. TopBilled

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

Underwood, Blair
  26. jakeem

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

Daily Kos‏Verified account@dailykos 'Students for Trump' founder charged with fraud, bilking would-be clients, and faking his identity https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/4/23/1852602/--Students-for-Trump-founder-charged-with-fraud-bilking-would-be-clients-and-faking-his-identity
  27. Terrence1

A to Z of Characters

Fulton, Edwina, played by Ginger Rogers in "Monkey Business"
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us