All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. but the right to abortion is man-devised and not God-given... "for all men are endowed by their creator with the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." -Thomas Jefferson you cannot have life without birth so Jefferson's acknowledgment renders roe v. wade not allowable. before 1973 there was no right to commit infanticide surgically... we have had 46 years of roe v. wade... so I will ask this... how long did institutionalized slavery endure in America before lee surrendered to Grant at appamatox? duration of time does not justify something that was wrong to begin with.
  3. jinsinna13

Hot TV Guys

They sure did. Jason and Luke definitely made sideburns cool. Several years after Beverly Hills, 90210 wrapped, Tori Spelling (daughter of Aaron Spelling) revealed various combinations of people hooked up over the years. We'll never know the truth, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming.
  4. LawrenceA

I Just Watched...

Hands Over the City (1963) - 8/10 Italian political drama from director Francesco Rosi. The film deals with the political ramifications of a building collapse in Naples that may have been caused by corrupt construction practices. The man chiefly blamed is wealthy developer and councilman Nottola (Rod Steiger), but he fights back with all of his connections to clear his name and continue with his lucrative deals, facing opposition from leftist politician De Vita (Carlo Fermariello). This is a powerful, incisive examinations of politics, business, power, and corruption. The performances are all excellent from a large, mostly unknown cast. Steiger, who is dubbed in Italian by another actor, is very good. The material may be too dry for some, and not only are there no comic relief moments or romantic subplots, there are no substantial female characters at all. However, the dissection of how politics work is still timely, and universal to any major metropolis. Recommended. Source: The Criterion Channel
  5. Thenryb

Ben Mankiewicz Needs To Go

Until you also confess to being Sgt. Markoff, you will receive no absolution!
  6. right! Obama's economic brilliance is neverending.
  7. NipkowDisc

the dick van dyke show

why is it whenever I see an episode description the petrie's kid's name is always spelled 'Ritchie' with a T? nobody spells Richie with a T. and I just saw an image on google with the T in his name. alotta TV trivia people had poor grammatical education at the elementary grade levels.
  8. NipkowDisc

The Triumph of Donald Trump

then by your logic Pelosi and her 2009 house majority shoulda read the 4000 page ACA before voting it into law... but they didn't.
  9. lavenderblue19

Long Titles (6 words + up)

10. laffite

Dear Miss Wonderly, Please. Don't Give. Judith. Any. Ideas. Sincerely, Laffite
  11. LawrenceA

ClassiCategories

Mighty Joe Young (1998) Night of the Living Dead (1990) Village of the Damned (1995) The Haunting (1999) The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996)
  12. Michael Rennie

I respect TopBilled's comments. I find them respectful and accurate. I am fond of Eddie Muller. He recently filled in for Ben. Gotta love that. I agree with Dargo, who uses humor (humour) about Ben's voice. I would not miss the movie into/exit dialog if it went away. I could enjoy a 12 minute segment from a host, highlighting stars/movies. Eddie Muller does about 12 minutes of talking in Noir Alley. Approximately 6+6. So I love what Eddie does. It is more like a commentary. So Ben, for example, could comment on the Prime Time theme, all in one in-depth segment. Perhaps between 2 movies. He could have done last night's Lena Horne segment between the two movies. So, keep all the hosts!!
  13. MarshaKatz

ClassiCategories

ANGELS IN THE OUTFIELD (1994) THE GETAWAY (1994) FATHER OF THE BRIDE (1991) DIABOLIQUE (1996)
  14. Princess of Tap

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

I can only hope that this guy or a member of his family is never the victim of a consensual murder.
  15. shutoo

ClassiCategories

(with personal commentary...) Little Women (1994) is the fifth remake (first 2 were silents) Meet Joe Black (1998) = Death Takes a Holiday (1934) The Out-of-Towners 1999 😝😝 and 1970 πŸ€—πŸ˜ The Parent Trap 1998 😏and 1961 😊 The Bachelor (1999) is a remake of Seven Chances (1925) The Preacher's Wife (1996) is a remake of The Bishop's Wife (1947) House on Haunted Hill 1999 😝and 1959 πŸ˜‰ Psycho 1998 😝 and 1960 😊😍 The Birdcage (1996) is a remake of La Cage aux Folles (1978) Flubber (1997) is a remake of The Absent Minded Professor (1961)
  16. Today
  17. I think I see the issue here. The TCM schedule and other parts of the TCM site do not follow the official calendar day. If you look at their daily schedules: http://www.tcm.com/schedule/?ecid=mainnav2schedule you'll see that the days begin at 6:00AM ET and end at that time the following day. So anything airing from 6:00AM ET (today is was Roberta) until the last scheduled show (today it is MGM Parade Show #22 at 5:15AM ET) is considered part of the Sunday, May 19th schedule, even if everything showing from Bobby Bumps Caught in the Jamb at 12:15AM ET to the aforementioned MGM short is technically on early morning May 20th. That's the way the scheduling has always worked on this channel, as well as most TV guides for the past 50+ years. It's laid out from roughly one sunrise to the next sunrise. The same reason why shows on TV from 12:00 AM to 4:00 AM are frequently called "Late Night" rather than "Early Morning".
  18. misswonderly3

I'd be very surprised it "Judith" ever posts here again, with or without a revised writing style.
  19. Arturo

Trump vs. Mueller investigation?

He READ the Mueller Report, and sees that Mueller laid out a roadmap for Congress to impeach. As long as he supports this, his other views and votes are insignificant, paling in comparison to the ongoing damage Trump is doing in all areas of our democracy and the world.
  20. misswonderly3

Since you say so many different things in your post, I'm surprised you didn't separate each different complaint into its own paragraph. One big block of text is hard to read and off-putting. Check this out, or find your own preferred article about paragraphing (there are loads on the net.): https://www.thoughtco.com/paragraphing-composition-term-1691483
  21. A certain part of this site appeared to have had the movie listed for this Sunday (very misleading). That could be answered only if it were to be part of their programming by the time you had mentioned.
  22. Arturo

The Triumph of Donald Trump

Amash READ the Mueller Report, and is speaking about that. Every other GOPer who says the mantra "No Collusion! No Obstruction!" have not read anything other than Bill Barr's totally misleading Cliffs Notes "summary". Obviously, Trump's crimes in the areas investigated by Mueller are in the actual report. This is why Trump and co. are doing their best to bury the report, not let the unredacted report and its underlying evidence be seen by Congress or the American people, and not let anyone who was interviewed to testify. Because READING IT will open your mind to the truth!!!! Trump is counting on the laziness and stupidity of Americans to not read it, and if no one is allowed to testify, then he feels he will get away with it. But Sooner or later, the truth will out!!
  1. Load more activity

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us