Sign in to follow this  
IanPatrickMovieReviews

"The Revenge of Frankenstein" 1958 Video Movie Review - Good Friday Horror Flick!

2 posts in this topic

We continue our journey into Dr. Frankenstein's life...things only get darker in this one. Please watch this horror flick! It is such a pleasure to watch on a full moon night!

I can't wait to see the next Frankenstein movie! Be sure to leave a like and subscribe for more Frightening Friday Flick reviews!

• Like 1

Very nice review. Our one difference of opinion is that I feel that The Revenge of Frankenstein (1958) is a better movie than The Curse of Frankenstein (1957). As I've written elsewhere, since the sequel is "freed from the expectations to rehash Baron Frankenstein's origins, the sequel is not only able to get right to the heart of its story but is also able to present variations on the usual theme of these types of movies." From an historical point-of-view, The Curse of Frankenstein is the more important movie because that is where the concept of Hammer Horror began (and could have easily ended). But it is with the sequel that the filmmakers truly got the opportunity to do something different. It is very reminiscent of the relationship between Frankenstein (1931) and Bride of Frankenstein (1935).