Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Gallery of Stars!

1,844 posts in this topic

> Swwwwweeeeeeeeeet!

> Love the sisters in color.

>

> Ken, you saw the Shemp pic further down?

I just caught the Shemp pic. He was sure one handsome guy !!

The Lane Sisters were big in the late Thirties and Forties. They each had their own career, but Priscilla was the most successful. She was in The Roaring Twenties, Saboteur, and Arsenic and Old Lace. Lola and Rosemary were together in Hollywood Hotel, which is a riot! All three were in Four Daughters, Four Wives, and Four Mothers, a trilogy of films chronicling the lives of four sisters. The fourth sister was played by Gail Page (Who's THAT?). They were great! Loved all three of them in anything I was fortunate enough to see. They are like one of Hollywood's secrets, like Simone Simon, and Oscar Homolka!

James,

The picture of Lana with Judy Garland was taken on the set of "The Bad and the Beautiful" directed by Vincente Minnelli. I can't remember whether Garland & Minnelli were still married then or not.

I went on that set with Nell to visit lana and we had to wait while this and other pictures were being taken.

Also waiting to be photographed was Elaine Stewart and that's where I met her. We've been friends ever since - over 50 years.

Larry

I wondered if you had a story about them! And, you did! It is so cool to see two such great stars together later on. I guess the only film they did together was Ziegfeld Girl. The picture is not very clear, but why quibble?

Lol! I assume that means you like WW? I saw LADY FOR A DAY recently and thought him grand in it.

Thought I'd include this nice picture of heavy-weight talent, reading L-R: Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong, Frank Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney and Bing Crosby (boy would I like to have been at that show!):

louisarmstrongfranksinatrarosemaryclooneybingc_579.jpg

This is the best thread. Does anyone have any pictures of Glenn Ford, Marlon Brando (young photos from Streetcar Named Desire), and Vic Morrow to post?

LOL, MissGoddess, you haven't seen my admittedly odd posts here for the last two years.

a. I've laid claim to Mr. William, IF he ever comes back from the dead and knocks on my door. Mr. dolores has allowed me to live happily ever after with dear Warren.

b. for some reason, his image on the screen and in photos tugs at my heart. When I learned, here, that he died at a very early age, painfully, I too hurt. It's odd, but some stars do that to people.

Mind you, I never really KNEW of Warren William until AMC (curse their soul to hell) and TCM, who bless their heart showed pre-code WW pictures. If one can have a posthumous soulmate, he is mine.

The above is an exaggeration, sort of, but I am quite rabid about Warren William, if you haven't guessed!!!

dolores

So I take it, from our conversations today, that you kinda like Warren William then. :P

I suspect in the same what the I 'kinda like' Gary Cooper and Rudolph Valentino.

*lol*

I think we're kindred spirits, dolores---I feel mighty mushy about more than one old time star. I think it's great that Warren William can still spin the wheels of someone's heart today! I don't know a thing about his life and am so sorry to learn he died painfully. He certainly should have gone on to have a much longer career, segueing into character roles, etc. Fine actor with a very distinctive look.

Just for you (the earlier picture is NOT what I intended to post!):

Copy_of_employee.jpg

Message was edited by:

MissGoddess