Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Gallery of Stars!

1,844 posts in this topic

James, Miss G. & Metsfan,

Thanks for the magnificent photos of some of my picks......

James -

Peter Finch was person-non-grata in Hollywood for many years following "Elephant Walk". He side tracked Vivien Leigh into a romance (not that she protested!) and caused producer, Irving Asher lots of problems. He had to shut down production in Ceylon and recast Elizabeth Taylor into Leigh's part.

Irving was married to Laura LaPlante, a good frind of mine.

Bill and Edie Goetz pretty much blacklisted Peter Finch in Hollywood for years. They were Irving and laura's best friends.

Just another useless story for you!

Thanks again everyone for the pictures

Larry

Funny, Larry, but I completely forgot about Mr. Finch! That is until Jack reminded me with that great pic. I thought he should get at least two, so I posted another. No wonder I lost track of him. I really thought he was great as the "villain" in Elephant Walk. And, as terrible as it may seem, I am glad Liz got the part!

Also, Judith, I can't believe I forgot Merle!!! She was in the back of my head for so long, just like Roz, who I finally got up on the thread. Thanks for those pics. I will probably post more since I think she is it! And, she was married to KORDA!

Last, but not least, Judith, that picture of Gina Lollobrigida is BREATHTAKING! I always thought she had it all over Sophia, even though I love her, too.

Wow, this thread is moving soooo fast I missed these posts and the picture of my hunk Warren William.

Yes, pktrekgirl, I am nuts about the guy.

Thanks, MissGoddess -- but I liked the picture of him with bacon and eggs. Seems he had ketchup on the table too, my kind of guy again.

The suit Coop is wearing is nice. He doesn't do a thing for me, but that suit is dandy.

Wow, Gina Lolla was hot stuff.

And thanks on the Lizabeth Scott, I missed that one too.

dolores

Coop "doesn't do anything for you"??????

Oh well. Guess that means more for ME. :D And you can have Mr. William. ;)

Works out nicely, doesn't it?

>

> Also, Judith, I can't believe I forgot Merle!!! She

> was in the back of my head for so long, just like

> Roz, who I finally got up on the thread. Thanks for

> those pics. I will probably post more since I think

> she is it! And, she was married to KORDA!

>

> Last, but not least, Judith, that picture of Gina

> Lollobrigida is BREATHTAKING! I always thought she

> had it all over Sophia, even though I love her, too.

Thanks, James. I think Merle is very interesting and rather unusual looking, but that is due in part to her heritage and a skillful plastic surgeon.

Last night was an Italian theme night for me, and Lollo couldn't be left out. She is a very beautiful woman, and no less of an actress than Loren, I think. She just didn't make as many American films.

Yes, for some reason she didn't make as many American films. But, she did star opposite, Burt Lancaster, Rock Hudson, Yul Brynner, and Sean Connery. Not bad for not too many films. Oh, and my personal favorite, Bona Sera, Mrs.Campbell!