Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Gallery of Stars!

1,844 posts in this topic

Lovely, metsfan. March and Fuller and William and me...:)

By the way, I was in philosophy class in Lehman in the Bronx when the Mets won the 1969 World Series...I remember it as if it were yesterday.

You are very lucky to have been around at the time to presence the "Miracle Mets". Did the students celebrate in the classroom? lol

Hey, great picture of Fredric March. One of the best I've seen. I searched for pics of him, in my collection and on the net, and never saw one to compare. You did a mighty fine job on that one!

Oh, and LOVE Garbo with him, too.

> By the way, I was in philosophy class in Lehman in

> the Bronx when the Mets won the 1969 World Series...I

> remember it as if it were yesterday.

I do too. Baltimore cried that day. We had a bad year in Baltimore. Colts, Bullets, Orioles all losing to NY teams in championship games. In some ways we still suffer.

LOL, I'm sure those who are in awe of these photos are not happy that we are talking about the Mets here...but movieman1957, I didn't even realize they were playing Baltimore! Does it help that I had a religious experience touching the plaque at the building used for the police station in Homicide on the harbor in Baltimore? I hate NBC's guts for allowing that show to be killed.