Sign in to follow this  
GarboManiac

Gallery of Stars!

1,844 posts in this topic

C21de -- I must say, Germany sure has a wonderful eye for beauty. As usual, fantastic photos. The Cooper-Lombard-Temple postcard is terrific. I really enjoyed the Stanwyck and Wyman pics, but Russell in the nighties is the winner for me. I actually view the Russell pics as cute more so than sexy.

Hey, Frank Grimes, look what I found on the net! It is really a nice candid shot! It actually divides the film star from the person, and the person ain't bad!

louise_brooks_4_red.jpg Louise Brooks

That's a great Lulu photo, GM. I've rarely seen Ms. Brooks looking so happy and carefree. You continue to dig up some amazing photos. I truly appreciate it.

All of the photo threads on this board have been extremely helpful to this novice classic film fan. I'm starting to place faces with names now. That wasn't the case for me only a few months ago. I thank you all.

Thanks Snarfie for the Loretta pic with Ty from "Suez". Loretta and her good friend Jane Wyman are often in my thoughts. Why were lobby cards given to movie goers in the thirties. Did the theatres charge for the cards?

Great photos. I couldn't look back through all these photos - has anyone posted any photos of Joseph Cotten? I just saw him in Shadow of a Doubt and thought he was handsome. Can someone post his photo? Thank you.

Great photos. I couldn't look back through all these photos - has anyone posted any photos of Joseph Cotten? I just saw him in Shadow of a Doubt and thought he was handsome. Can someone post his photo? Thank you.