Sign in to follow this  
MrsLinarcos

The Poseidon Adventure '72 Version

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new to the message board. I love TCM. It's just excellent. What I would like to see is Ronald Neame, Sheila Matthews, and Stella Stevens interviewed by Robert Osbourne, then have the movie follow it. It was so nice to see The Towering Inferno on last night, first time I had seen it since before 9/11. What I want to know is, where is the best place to find more movie stills of this movie?? I'm trying to locate some that are from Greece, I've got sets from Italy, USA, Belgium, France, Britain and Germany. But I'm sure they made some when the movie was shown in Greece??? Mrs. L.

Hi Ken, I got to meet her at a TPA fan club reunion on May 6th, odd enough..it was the 12th anniversary of Fred Sadoff's death. Stella is just wonderful, she loves all of her fans and they love her. I know she will always be known for Linda in this movie, but she did so much more. I've gotten a few emails from her since the reunion. Right now she's busy working on a few projects, after she signed the photos I got from her. She got up and gave me 3 or 4 hugs, it was a wonderful time; just to be there and talk to her. Mrs. L.

hi there

i saw the first one

i like it theres are two more yet

did you see them

martin

I've seen both Wolfgang Petersen's Poseidon and the new TV version called The Poseidon Adventure and both were absolutely terrible. The original is still far better than the new ones.

I agree that the original is really the only one that counts. There was even a sequel called "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure" with Eddie Albert and Shirley Jones. Absolutely awful! Why do people think they can improve on something that is close to perfect? There was so much to love about the first one. Mainly the wonderful cast, which boasted numerous Oscar winners and nominees.

Terrence.