Sign in to follow this  
JessieB

Where's Marie SOTM- Not in Anna and the King of Siam

5 posts in this topic

Ok I thought at first  I was wrong so I went through the entire cast.  I do not see Marie's name in the version of Anna and the King of Siam that I am watching.  Did they screw up here or what?  I have never seen them make this mistake before.  The movie started at 2am so it definitely was in the time period prior to when they stop showing the SOTM movies.  All the other movies shown this evening had her in it.  Is there another version of this movie that does have Marie in it that they should have shown or is this just a big mess up?

Ok I thought at first  I was wrong so I went through the entire cast.  I do not see Marie's name in the version of Anna and the King of Siam that I am watching.  Did they screw up here or what?  I have never seen them make this mistake before.  The movie started at 2am so it definitely was in the time period prior to when they stop showing the SOTM movies.  All the other movies shown this evening had her in it.  Is there another version of this movie that does have Marie in it that they should have shown or is this just a big mess up?

Not a mess-up at all. Given the timing, I can understand the confusion. But owing to the short runtimes of last night's Dressler films, TCM's salute to her concluded with ONE ROMANTIC NIGHT (1930), at the unusually early hour of 2:00AM. Instead of continuing with Dressler films overnight, the programmers followed up ONE ROMANTIC NIGHT with two thematically similar films (read: films about royal tutors).

• Like 1

Hi Jessie--

If you look at the earlier thread Barton created for Marie Dressler, back on March 3, you will see that only four of her movies were scheduled for the 20th. There are also just four Dressler films listed for the 27th. She doesn't have a lengthy film resume. The two I'd like to see are THE CALLAHAN AND THE MURPHYS (a silent picture with Polly Moran, which at this time is believed lost) and THE LATE CHRISTOPHER BEAN (which was sold to Fox). 

Hi Jessie--

If you look at the earlier thread Barton created for Marie Dressler, back on March 3, you will see that only four of her movies were scheduled for the 20th. There are also just four Dressler films listed for the 27th. She doesn't have a lengthy film resume. The two I'd like to see are THE CALLAHAN AND THE MURPHYS (a silent picture with Polly Moran, which at this time is believed lost) and THE LATE CHRISTOPHER BEAN (which was sold to Fox). 

Thank you TopBilled for the info! I appreciate it

• Like 1

Thank you TopBilled for the info! I appreciate it

No problem, Jessie. Welcome to the message boards.