Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

BREXIT

160 posts in this topic

On eve of defining British EU referendum, rivals race for final votes

British Prime Minister David Cameron and his eurosceptic opponents made final pitches for wavering voters on Wednesday on the eve of a defining referendum on European Union membership with the outcome still too close to call.

The vote, which echoes the rise of populism elsewhere in Europe and the United States, will shape the continent's future. A victory for "out" could unleash turmoil on financial markets and foreign exchange bureaux reported a surge in demand for foreign currency from Britons wary sterling may fall.

"Quitting Europe is a risk to your family's future because a vote to leave on Thursday means there is no going back on Friday," Cameron said.

Read more Reuters >

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-idUSKCN0Z80SN

They should leave. It's close. Very close. Vote to leave and Cameron is gone. Good.

This has to be one of the dumbest political abbreviations

ever. How about BMEXIT?

ever. How about BMEXIT?

Britian Exiting the European Union.

Seek and you shall find.

What does BREXIT means?

http://ww2.cfo.com/cash-flow/2016/06/corporate-cash-piling-brexit-vote-nears/?gclid=CjwKEAjw7qi7BRCvsr3N58GvsTkSJAA3UzLvkFGzJXu8WaG5MtgGppPIQnCcHnEYH9LrK6dpHio7mRoCkCbw_wcB

Consequences of BREXIT.

http://www.aei.org/publication/towards-an-imperfect-union-a-conservative-case-for-the-eu/?gclid=CjwKEAjw7qi7BRCvsr3N58GvsTkSJAA3UzLvsVro8qr-J0j0Ht_6AfDWahn5H8wc0CWYqxVRpNHybhoCM67w_wcB

Kneel to the E.U.? 

Brexit-20-650.jpg

NO!!! to many Brits

brexit%20teaser%202.jpg

Queen-Brexit-Sun.jpg

There are 2 sides those who wants to remain called Britain Stronger In Europe supporters....

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fa40

...and those who wants to get the hell out!   Leave the E.U.!

1092887-brexit-1461740583-715-640x480.jp

• Like 1

Britain decides: Torrential rain, floods and long queues fail to deter voters as millions have their day in the historic EU referendum - while the latest poll shows the result is on a knife edge 
3595CDE900000578-3655775-image-m-127_146

Read & view more Daily Mail >

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3655775/The-polls-finally-open-Britain-s-historic-Referendum-vote-latest-polls-Remain-camp-lead-six-points-weather-swing-Brexit.html

Brexit: What Is It About? — Paul Craig Roberts

If you read the presstitute media, Brexit—the referendum tomorrow on the UK’s exit from the EU— is about racism. According to the story line, angry rightwing racists of violent inclinations want to leave the EU to avoid having to accept more dark-skinned immigrants into England.

Read more Paul Craig Roberts >

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/06/22/brexit-what-is-it-about-paul-craig-roberts/

Britian Exiting the European Union.

Seek and you shall find.

I understand what the abbreviation stands for. It still sounds

stupid. I really don't care one way or the other what the

limeaters do. They've been handed enough humiliations in

the last seventy years to keep me happy.

Brexit: What Is It About? — Paul Craig Roberts

If you read the presstitute media, Brexit—the referendum tomorrow on the UK’s exit from the EU— is about racism. According to the story line, angry rightwing racists of violent inclinations want to leave the EU to avoid having to accept more dark-skinned immigrants into England.

Read more Paul Craig Roberts >

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/06/22/brexit-what-is-it-about-paul-craig-roberts/

That is what some Trump-like dog whistle racists are trying to make the vote about.  They are trying to get 'those people' out to vote.

I suspect brexit will go down to defeat. if it does I will not explain how I knew.

it concerns knowledge I've had for almost 35 years which relates to biblical prophecy.

so doan ask me.

"find your own answers." -thelev,  2nd year ep 'journey to babel'

:D

It's very close. Leave is doing better than expected, but the London boroughs haven't reported in large numbers yet.  The richer areas of the U.K. (plus Scotland) are voting in favour of Remain; the poorer and working class areas are voting in favour of Leave.

Leave it is. Great news. Congrats to the Brits.

Next, Trumpus gets a resounding victory and shows Obama and his ilk the door and begins a new start for American Nationalism & Make America Great Again.

Change is in the wind.

Trumpus Maximus Americanus!

• Like 1

Leave it is. Great news. Congrats to the Brits.

Next, Trumpus gets a resounding victory and shows Obama and his ilk the door and begins a new start for American Nationalism & Make America Great Again.

Change is in the wind.

Trumpus Maximus Americanus!

yah-hoooo-weeee! I was wrong. :D

smartass msm, now they know why donny is in scotland. :lol:

I bet he knew...

Trumpus Maximus Americanus! :) 

Markets live: Pound falls to three decade low as Britain votes Leave in EU referendum

Sounds great. Just what our economy needs.

• Like 1

This from Fortune ...

“the success of these campaigns reflects a global political shift that is much bigger than Brexit or the U.S. elections, and it is driven in large part by economics. A glut of global resources has rung the death knell for traditional business cycles in the developed world, creating fertile ground for populists across Europe and the U.S. who are angry about rising inequality and are anti-globalization, anti-immigrant and anti-elite.”

'Brexit is proof that Trump will be the next president': 'Anti-immigration' message and shift to the Right that led to UK's seismic break with Europe draws parallels with rise of The Donald

359D84DD00000578-3657782-image-a-1_14667

As Donald Trump flew in to Scotland today after the UK's seismic break with the European Union, parallels have been drawn with the anti-immigration message that led to Brexit and his rise to presumptive Republican presidential candidate.

Many have pointed out the similarities between Britain's decision to leave the EU and Trump's campaign - and believe it is an indication of how Americans will vote on November 8, which could see Trump in the White House.

The Donald's arrival in the UK will be seen by many as a meeting of minds - two worlds colliding with shared views including a disgruntled electorate; lost national pride; isolationism; and the issue of immigration

Read more Daily Mail >

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3657782/Brexit-proof-Donald-Trump-president.html

Hail Trumpus Maximus Americanus!

I hope this is a wake-up call to the American democratic party.  It is time to embrace Bernie's progressive ideas for the party and to start to represent the low and middle classes in America.

If not, those same people will turn to a Donald Trump with his easy solutions that wrongly scapegoat immigrants.  It is a message that unfortunately is an easy sell to angry disaffected white voters.  But it is diabolical propaganda and trust Trump to congratulate himself for it.

I think the British Brexit vote was largely a response for the British to take control of their own economy and policies. The EU has gone beyond what anyone ever imagined its original intent was. A friend of mine who is a nurse in London resents that the EU has set certain standards for nursing, which the UK has respected, but other countries, in the EU, disregard those standards. 

Other friends (who used to love the National Health) have begun to buy private health insurance, because the NHS is overwhelmed.

There are a wide variety of reasons for people to have voted for Brexit. It's too easy to twist the reasons to suit our particular political agenda.

I havent been following it at all or understand any of it, but if TRUMP applauds it, it cant be good! :(

ever. How about BMEXIT?

It sounds like a soap brand. (BREXIT) I couldnt figure it out either.

It sounds like a soap brand. (BREXIT) I couldnt figure it out either.

I had no trouble with it at all, in fact, after first seeing it the meaning came to me in mere seconds.

BR = BRITAIN

and 

EXIT self-explanatory

:D

I dont follow British politics and had no reason to read the thread until now.