Sign in to follow this  
bobhopefan1940

Film Chain Game

1,129 posts in this topic

ok... i wonder if this has been done in here before but we'll see how it goes none the less.

I'll give you a title of a film, along with one of its stars. you'll take that star's name and find another film where they costar with some one else... the name you will mention then the chain will start all over... for example...

It's a Wonderful Life w/ James Stewart...

After the Thin Man w/ William Powell...

My Man Godfrey w/ Carole Lombard...

then you give a Carole Lombard movie with another actor or actress... get it? let me start ;)

Brigadoon w/ Van Johnson

>

>

>

>>> Hello. This first post was not very clear, so I wanted to tag this one along with it... I hope this helps with some newer players. This game is kind of entry level compared to some of those in the "Trivia" forum, so feel free to jump in. <<<

Re: Film Chain Game

Posted: 11/05/2006 by: bobhopefan1940 8:53 EST in response to: aftermath Reply

no no no like ghostbreakers w bob hope... then another bob hope movie with another co star. like road to rio w bing crosby.

you see... you are finding another costar in the film that i gave, where as the film is not what you link to the next clue, it is the name which in this case would be bob hope...

Message was edited by:

bobhopefan1940 (because I never realized this thread would be such a beast)

Ken, I think the Carole Lombard film was just an example for explaining the rules. I suppose we could have a two-headed chain, but that sounds very confusing. The actual game starter was the Van Johnson clue. Or, I could be way off base here and talking through my hat... if I was wearing one, that is. :)

> Ken, I think the Carole Lombard film was just an

> example for explaining the rules. I suppose we could

> have a two-headed chain, but that sounds very

> confusing. The actual game starter was the Van

> Johnson clue. Or, I could be way off base here and

> talking through my hat... if I was wearing one, that

> is. :)

Charles T , I think the original ends with James Stewart/ It's a Wonderful Life. So from there,and I hope that i' m finally doing it right. Donna Reed/ From Here to Eternity.

lol... you're right ken. stick with Geraldine Fizgerald. don't worry about the explanation of other films... they were just an example. i knew that would be confusing. take the last name and find a movie with another actress/actor in it. you're doin great.

Well, Ken, the way I read it, James Stewart was in After the Thin Man, and William Powell was in My Man Godfrey. So your original answer using Carole Lombard would be correct if it was the starting clue. But, as I noted, I understood the CL clue to be just an example and the Van Johnson the actual starting point. I guess the only way to be sure is if bobhopefan1940 came back to decide.

Who knows? I'm certainly no genius.

CharlieT

Texas/ w William Holden. --- Boy, oh boy I still fouling thing up - see the bad post re: " The Courtship of Eddie's Father" .