Sign in to follow this  
nyz

MudHoney

7 posts in this topic

Ok just saw this flick, all I can say is that I wasnt all that impressed, I prefered Russ Meyers faster Pussycat alot better. All I can say Is YAWN!

I've never seen a Russ Meyers film. For a while at the end of the Seventies and start of the Eighties, he was written up in a lot of the film magazines, like Film Comment, as an important director. The Cleveland movie theater that showed old and foreign films booked a week of Russ Meyers classics and ended up losing their shirts in 1984. Around that time, one of my friends, the same age as me, who was in college in Chicago, saw a Russ Meyers triple feature and hated it.

All of which leads me to wonder if Meyers' appeal is limited to older baby boomers.

I am probably one of the youngest people on this site and I like the Russ Meyers movies. A lot of the people I know are fans of his movies as well. Though Mudhoney isn't his best movie it is still well done. He has a certain style to all of his pictures that I find appealing.

Just got done watching it and I think it was a blast!

The group of loonies in Mudhoney was something else, really liked it. Ed Wood's films the week before, Im sorry, cannot compare to Meyer's flicks!

I was anxious to see if TCM would air this lesser known RUSS MEYER gem in unedited form... and they most certainly did. BRAVO to Turner Classic Movies. MUDHONEY doesn't compare to FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL!, but it is damn entertaining nonetheless. It's fun to see STUART LANCASTER in a good guy role. Maybe they can get around to airing MOTOR PSYCHO or maybe if they're in a real daring mood... VIXEN. But I am quite happy to finally see some RUSS MEYER airing on a national cable channel. Thanks again TCM! Keep TCM UNDERGROUND alive... and have ROB ZOMBIE do more interviews and interaction with the cast members if possible!

I too very much enjoyed it! Can't really hold a candle to "Faster Pussycat," to be sure, but it's fast, loose, and outta control; we wouldn't have a Russ Meyer film any other way!

I also have to say that I was amused by Zombie's closing remarks about Meyer stating that he had "never met a good-looking feminist." I guess he never met me or my friends. :-D

Keep 'em comin', TCM!

mudhoney was a good watch, but i think it would have been better if the hubby wasnt so whacked outta his head, cuz it got kinda sickening and really over-acting