spence

How Long Do These Boards Keep You In The System?

14 posts in this topic

I've not been back in only a couple of weeks, but had to re-register & need to know just how long these forums SAVE your stuff,etc so you don't have to constantly re-register?

PLEASE HELP

If they've changed it to a short time span, I'd like to know this also. Before the major upgrade (ahhh.. the good ol' days), I had been absent for a couple years and was able to sign-in with no problem upon my return. I haven't tested this since the upgrade.

I wouldn't think being absent for a long period would affect the ability to sign-in after a long absence. Sometimes, it's just that the user has tried signing in with a different name and/or password - I've been guilty of that one more than a few times at other sites. This site archives everything - there are posters whose information goes all the way back to day-one.

I also notice your post count is high, which means you got back in under your original account name and all previous related data is intact. Oh, the many who have had their history wiped clean in that process...

Oh, the many who have had their history wiped clean in that process...

Now, when you say "wiped," do you mean with a cloth??

Now, when you say "wiped," do you mean with a cloth??

Oh, the image that conjured up.

Owww.. MY EYES !!  MY EYES !!

:P

You mean someone else said this before I did?

Thought you were referencing Hillary Clinton. When asked about wiping her hard drive to prevent some of her correspondence from being discovered by investigators she responded "what - like with a cloth" - while miming the wiping motion of a level surface.

I was sure that's where you got it from, but maybe it's just a case of great minds coming up with the same cuteness.

I was sure that's where you got it from.

No, the FBI cleared me of that.

I've been here since 2005 and have taken many a hiatus, some of the quite lengthy, and I have always been able to log in the normal way upon my return without any problems.

Another point, I originally registered in 2003 under a different screen name than I have now. That was my first one and my present one is my second one. All the posts under the original screen name are still there.

So indefinitely, or perhaps permanently, would be my guess.

=

If you click on the "Members" tab you will see that section has over 2400 pages of names. I think some names actually did get deleted from that list, but not sure why.

No, the FBI cleared me of that.

I think the FBI discovered Tor's name in one of Hillary's emails.

I think the FBI discovered Tor's name in one of Hilary's emails.

They discovered "Johnson" in some of Bill's.