Sign in to follow this  
Wordwoman

Scarlet Coat - Carriage Decoration Akin to Stones Logo?

6 posts in this topic

While watching "The Scarlet Coat" with Cornel Wilde (1955), I noticed that, on the carriage which is said to be that of Anne Francis' character, who begins as a Tory sympathizer, there is a logo on the carriage door which bears a striking resemblance to the Rolling Stones logo, supposedly created in 1970 for the legendary rock group.  Did it actually have its origins in the American Revolution as a Tory symbol.  That would be a fascinating link, especially as the Stones were part of the "British invasion" :)

Here's a similar thread from almost exactly one year ago...

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/54126-rolling-stones-logo-in-the-scarlet-coat/

Thanks for finding that. I did not want to go through this again.

Here's some historical movie trivia: Filmmaker Helen Gardner, famous for her silent version of "Cleopatra," had her film studio on the property where Major John André was hanged.

While watching "The Scarlet Coat" with Cornel Wilde (1955), I noticed that, on the carriage which is said to be that of Anne Francis' character, who begins as a Tory sympathizer, there is a logo on the carriage door which bears a striking resemblance to the Rolling Stones logo, supposedly created in 1970 for the legendary rock group.  Did it actually have its origins in the American Revolution as a Tory symbol.  That would be a fascinating link, especially as the Stones were part of the "British invasion" :)

I believe that is a secret symbol of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and was later used by Jack Parson who worked for NASA. The earlier group with Aleister Crowley used it on their snuff boxes and Parson lent it to friend L. Ron Hubbard for private ceremonial work with initiates.