Sign in to follow this  
slappy3500

Kick in the crotch

23 posts in this topic

Is anyone ELSE sick of seeing people being kicked in the privates ? This act, usually in mostly witless movies has replaced the pie in the face and pants falling down as the ultimate cheap "laff". I mean how many times do we need to see this? You just KNOW that the writers are out of ideas when you see this stuff!

Slappy keep watching the classic films on TCM and I promise you that no one will get kicked in the crotch.

Mongo

JohnPressman, that's a great ref. I shoulda thought of that one me'self.

So that's TWO for the New Man!

He just may be the most crotch-kickingest classic star of anyone not named William Smith!

• Like 1

On 6/16/2003 at 2:15 AM, slappy3500 said:

Is anyone ELSE sick of seeing people being kicked in the privates ? This act, usually in mostly witless movies has replaced the pie in the face and pants falling down as the ultimate cheap "laff". I mean how many times do we need to see this? You just KNOW that the writers are out of ideas when you see this stuff!

You're right lets move on to animals.....

Now tell me that isn't funny.....

"Bad Santa" (2003) the scene where Marcus and Willy, trying painfully to teach the kid to defend himself in the boxing ring. Paid off at the end. 

I was a senior in high school when this movie came out. I didn't see it, but I remember seeing the trailer, and I remember exactly what young me thought to himself as I rolled my eyes, "Oh my God, this really looks like two super-pathetic old dudes trying desperately to grab to some long-forgotten glory". Or words to that effect. My brain at that age may not have phrased it quite that elegantly. I had just enough classic movie knowledge to know who they were. I'd seen Saturn 3 and Atlantic City on HBO, so I'd seen at least one movie each with them.

Now, thirty-plus years later, I'm thinking, this film is a natural for TCM to show given its two stars, and I would absolutely watch it! Crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!

• Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 4:35 PM, cigarjoe said:

You're right lets move on to animals.....

Now tell me that isn't funny.....

What a let-down. I kept waiting for that fence to fall square onto the bears cajones.
Although, aside from that disappointment, I agree, funny and cute!  :)

Madeline Kahn kicked a cowboy in the groin in Blazing Saddles while singing her classic song I'm Tired.

Madeline_Kahn-Blazing_Saddles-07.jpg

Like the scene from Alien Nation (1988), where cop James Caan discovers that crotch-kicks don't work on aliens, and alien partner Mandy Patinkin advises him, "I believe the effect you were trying to achieve would be here, under the armpit."

John Hurt got nailed in the groin by Veronica Carlson in "The Ghoul" (1975). Poor John looked like he was really in pain, too.

I repeat a post I made last year, in the "Movies you wished ended differently" thread:

Pieces (1982) is a great Spanish-American horror film. But I wish that the hand of the dead monster didn't reach up and grab Ian Sera's crotch, presumably castrating him, at the end of the film. 

4 hours ago, EricJ said:

Like the scene from Alien Nation (1988), where cop James Caan discovers that crotch-kicks don't work on aliens, and alien partner Mandy Patinkin advises him, "I believe the effect you were trying to achieve would be here, under the armpit."

On 12/12/2018 at 12:02 PM, hamradio said:

Ruth Gordon - 2:00 into trailer.

Never heard of that movie but -wow- is fighting supposed to be funny? It suppose it is when there's Three Stooges sound effects. 

That orangutan is named Clyde, but is really a female. 

On 6/16/2003 at 2:15 AM, slappy3500 said:

Personally, I see the kick in the crotch running neck-and-neck with the passing of gas as the "go-to cheap laff". in many movies of the last couple of decades. 

Sepiatone

3 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Never heard of that movie but -wow- is fighting supposed to be funny? It suppose it is when there's Three Stooges sound effects. 

Clint Eastwood's immortal auteur tribute to Hal Needham.

5 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

That orangutan is named Clyde, but is really a female. 

Punches / slaps / hits in movies are made by Foley artist.

Hope you don't think Annie has THAT big of a punch:lol:

efnp5y.jpg

(bad hair day manifest into anger :P)