Sign in to follow this  
wouldbestar

Caribou Trail

2 posts in this topic

Nobody has mentioned Caribou Trail which was on the other night and those introductory placards which told the story of the Cinecolor process and how it worked as well as the steps used in restoring the movie on more modern film techniques.  I didn't grasp all of the explanations but it was something new to me and therefore appreciated.

I also liked that it was set in Canada.  From Western movies we have learned a lot about Mexican history-crooks are always crossing that border-but very few deal with the settlement of our neighbor to the north.  AMC ran one a few years ago where Alan Ladd played a Mountie but that's about it.  Did some of them cross from east to west in covered wagons to settle their country?  Did they have problems with the native populations as we did including some of ours who attempted to resettle there?  Did outlaws try to escape our laws by crossing over into their territory?  These are things I've always been curious about and it seems the two countries we are between have gotten unequal treatment.