HoldenIsHere

Hiding unpleasant avatars

27 posts in this topic

Is there a way to hide another poster's avatar from view?

The Ignore function does not seem to work since the avatar is still visible on the forums when a poster posts last to a thread.  

• Like 4

I knew eventually someone would get annoyed seeing Tor Johnson.

Nah, we all love Tor.

There is another balding visage however that pretty much turns everyone's stomach.

• Like 3

Is there s a way to hide another poster's avatar from view?

The Ignore function does not seem to work since the avatar s still visible on the forums when a poster posts last to a thread.  

•  

I put someone on ignore once and was keenly disappointed (if not grievously ill) to see that the avatar was still there. That was the reason I put this person on ignore in the first place. I already know how to not read somebody's post. That's easy. I used to have to put my hand a certain distance from my face and in front of the screen to avoid having to throw up. I know, I should be a better person and not be so affected, but even the best of us must capitulate when obscenely having our eyes assailed by the truly horrible.

• Like 3

I put someone on ignore once and was keenly disappointed (if not grievously ill) to see that the avatar was still there. That was the reason I put this person on ignore in the first place. I already know how to not read somebody's post. That's easy. I used to have to put my hand a certain distance from my face and in front of the screen to avoid having to throw up. I know, I should be a better person and not be so affected, but even the best of us must capitulate when obscenely having our eyes assailed by the truly horrible.

It's all that rich, French food.

• Like 1

Nah, we all love Tor.

There is another balding visage however that pretty much turns everyone's stomach.

Oh no!  It's not Bogie, is it?  Larry Fine is my favorite Stooge.

In all seriousness, I also find the ignore function to be useless, considering the offender's posts will still be visible if they are quoted in a response.

• Like 1

It's all that rich, French food.

I wish it WAS the food, kid.

I would gladly give up La Cuisine Francais for remedial purposes. Not only could I lose weight but I could scrap all the evasive tactics during an avatar attack.

• Like 1

The very reason why it's never a good idea to use your real face as your avatar.

SooBlankhead.jpg

Well, unless you're a super cutie like CasablancaLover.

• Like 2

The very reason why it's never a good idea to use your real face as your avatar.

SooBlankhead.jpg

Well, unless you're a super cutie like CasablancaLover.

LOL!

I am surprised that anyone on this site was worth of being blocked. I thought it was a place to discuss classic movie culture and all the things around it. I guess no place on the internet is safe.

Learn something new everyday.

I don't think TCM has the option, however it is easy to do if you install a browser add-on that blocks images. I know that Adblock Plus allows you to do this. You just right-click on the image and tell it to block it. I just tested it on someone's and all avatar images on the specific person's posts are gone. And yes, it even blocked the tiny one TCM makes for the account on the main page too.

• Like 2

LOL! Now I am wanting to see what the fuss is all about. Stupid curiousity. It's like a car wreck, you know it could be bad, but you can't help looking at it.

• Like 1

LOL! Now I am wanting to see what the fuss is all about. Stupid curiousity. It's like a car wreck, you know it could be bad, but you can't help looking at it.

Bad.

Very, very bad!

from time to time i've kicked around the idea of updating mine to the image below as it reflects my current state of mind:

crawford-torchsong.jpg

but the main reason i've kept the one i have for so long is i love the green.

• Like 3

from time to time i've kicked around the idea of updating mine to the image below as it reflects my current state of mind:

crawford-torchsong.jpg

LOL!!!

Are you telling me the dammed don't cry doesn't reflect your current state of mind?    ;)

• Like 1

Coming or going?

Talk about someone with an unpleasant avatar complaining about someone elses!! Hmmmph!

crawford-torchsong.jpg

I gotta tell you, Jolson looks terrible in that photo.

• Like 1