Sign in to follow this  
MCannady1

More Film Noir

1 post in this topic

The Spiral Staircase and The Moss Rose are two magnificent Film Noirs with Ethel Barrymore. There is heart-pounding suspense in both, especially the former. Nightmare Alley with Tyrone Power and Colleen Moore is a partial Film Noir. Another great title is "Whirlpool '49" and features scary suspense. In the last of these titles the victim predicts her murder and it is discovered eerily playing on a spooky LP.

In other films a recording provides an alibi for a killer, as in The Falcon's Alibi with Elisha Cook, Jr. and The Unsuspected with the superb Claude Rains. The Leopard Man (with a different ending in the book!) and The Chase are two more I have watched recently. A pleasant surprise was locating a good Gregory Peck film noir entitled Mirage with the wonderful Gregory Peck and Diane Baker. Somewhere in the Night with John Hodiak and Nancy Guild is a human interest suspense story.. These are all fascinating Film Noirs which are still exciting,though I know the identity of the killer on many. This holds true of 40's film noir The Dark Corner with Mark Stevens, Clifton Webb and Lucille Ball. William Bendix had a key role in this last one. It is a summer of great Film Noir for me!

• Like 1