Sign in to follow this  
unejakey

Help! on DVD

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why the Beatles movie Help! isn't on DVD? I thought for sure that after A Hard Day's Night was released a few years back that Help! was going to be coming soon.

It never occured to me before, but I have never seen this movie available on DVD. Strange, it would be a nice addition to Hard Day's Night.

I just looked on Amazon and the only ones listed are used copies. I think that the DVD is no longer in print. The newest copy they had was from 1997 and the only special feature that was on the DVD was chapter selection.

That is true, mine has no special features, and I don't even remember how long I've had it.

It's been OOP for a while. It may not be a bad idea to wait until it's available on high-definition format, it might take a couple of years but at least you should be able to get it for the regular retail price.

One thing is for sure, when the Beatles films come out on Blu-Ray or HD-DVD, it's a good idea to pick up a whole set. These things have a history of going quickly out of print and fetching huge prices. :(