Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Foreign-Born Wanna Be First Lady Melania Trump Copies Native-Born American First Lady Michelle Obamas Speech

103 posts in this topic

Coal miners put out of their jobs by Obama/Clinton policies don't give a hoot about this Liberal media ploy.

3637547599_1ece0db9cd_o.gif

Jake, please go put on a miners hat and go down in those mines and take in some deep breaths.  Replace the dirty, environment destroying coal mining with clean energy. Those miners can work those new  jobs, and live in a far healthier environment. And live longer healthy lives with a brighter  future to pass on to their children. 

• Like 3

Boston Globe:   The Melania Trump Plagiarism Case Is Nothing Like Obama and Patrick’s

(For one thing, Melania was plagiarizing "the enemy!")

And the Trump camp keeps changing its story:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-campaign-s-shifting-story-speech-raises-new-questions-n612826

BS.

By the way if HRC is only up by 12 percent in NY look out. Trumpus goes north to Buffalo, Syracuse & Rochester talks about fracking and factory jobs and gets 40 percent of the New York City vote he can win.  

BS.

By the way if HRC is only up by 12 percent in NY look out. Trumpus goes north to Buffalo, Syracuse & Rochester talks about fracking and factory jobs and gets 40 percent of the New York City vote he can win.  

Forget it, it's not going to happen. He's a joke here. We know him for what he is: a jive New York City landlord. As the song from the musical 110 in the Shade goes (with a slight paraphrase), "You think that you're so high and mighty. You think that you're something to see. You may fool those yokels with such hocus pocus, but mister, you're not fooling me." That's how we think of Trump. 

It's true, he is fooling those yokels, the way Erdogan in Turkey is fooling the Turkish yokels, while the big cosmopolitan cities vote against him. Those Turkish yokels who "would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." 

• Like 2

Jake, please go put on a miners hat and go down in those mines and take in some deep breaths.  Replace the dirty, environment destroying coal mining with clean energy. Those miners can work those new  jobs, and live in a far healthier environment. And live longer healthy lives with a brighter  future to pass on to their children. 

Question, WHAT new jobs?  Hillbilly petal power?

cpprc-westvirginia-section-b-579x287.png

LaundryBike.jpg

Laura-Bush.jpg

Compared with Dumbya, she was a genius. I think this photo just goes to

show that anybody can look bad when they are photographed at a certain

moment. Looks like Laura is trying to eat her tongue, which I'm sure she

wasn't.

One can tell that Donny is not a seasoned right winger. Any

wingnut worth their salt would have blamed the reaction to

Melania's speech on the liberal media. He also didn't try

the old How dare you attack my wife, you cowardly creep

gambit.  Maybe with time, he'll learn. CNN talked about this

topic for hours Monday night. Pretty boring stuff. I doubt it

will have much of an effect on the election.

She was born in the peachy state of Georgia, not in the Ukraine but in the Good Old South.

Do you mean to imply that people born in: Ukraine are in any way inferior to those born in: U. S. state of Georgia?

I do not know how: Ukraine came to be mentioned in your post. Ms. Trump is: Slovene. It is same as if you implied that Ex-Ms. Trump is: Cuban because distance from: Georgia to: Cuba is approx. same as distance from: Slovenia to: Ukraine. U. S. state of Georgia and Cuba are on same sea while: Slovenia and: Ukraine border seas which are exceptionally different from each other.

Edit: I was mistaken as to: U. S. state of Georgia and: Cuba being on the same sea. My fiend friend: Dargo corrected me. I had thought that: Gulf of Mexico and: Caribbean Sea were one entity. That is not true. 

I apologize for the error.

Poor Melania, she can't catch a break.

Degrees do not come from course work only. My insignificant one-quarter has two honorary degrees. One is from University which he never attended. He does not attempt to trade on them but he is entitled by law and custom to list them.

It is: possible that degree was bestowed upon her for reasons other than finishing prescribed course.

I do not say this to defend: Ms. Trump. I know no details of her life and/or accomplishments. I became aware of her existence only of recent. I wish merely to highlight that one may not accept at face value statements made by hate-filled rags such as: Huffington Post.

Do you mean to imply that people born in: Ukraine are in any way inferior to those born in: U. S. state of Georgia?

I do not know how: Ukraine came to be mentioned in your post. Ms. Trump is: Slovene. It is same as if you implied that Ex-Ms. Trump is: Cuban because distance from: Georgia to: Cuba is approx. same as distance from: Slovenia to: Ukraine. U. S. state of Georgia and Cuba are on same sea while: Slovenia and: Ukraine border seas which are exceptionally different from each other.

Ms. Sans Fin-- I have the upmost respect for people from the Ukraine because I have known a number of them and consider them to be very intelligent and internationally aware people, like yourself.

Unfortunately geography was not one of my best subjects in school. And to add to the confusion, when I was growing up there was the "iron curtain" in Eastern Europe and we simply ignored that geography all together. We were just taught that it was all under Soviet domination and that was the extent of it. The Eastern Bloc was simply just the Eastern Bloc.

Please forgive me for bringing Ukraine into the subject matter at all.

Mrs. Trump's country of origin is Yugoslavia. That is the name of the country that she was born in. After the demise of the Communist dictator Tito, I'm sure they've made other arrangements in that part of the world. As you have so able indicated, it is now called by another name.

Ms. Sans Fin, please accept my most sincerest apologies if I have insulted you or your Ukrainian brethern in any way.

That certainly was not my intention.

And let me reiterate, as I have asked you about in the past, that you should reconsider posting a thread about your country and culture. Those of us who don't know enough about that part of the world are certainly open to learning more.

Gingrich: Melania 'Hit It Out of the Park,' Plagiarism Controversy Is 'Insanity'

Melania Trump is being accused of lifting portions of her primetime RNC address from the remarks delivered by Michelle Obama at the 2008 Democratic convention.

The Trump campaign has denied the accusations of plagiarism.

Gingrich said the media never "beat up" President Obama for lifting portions of a 2008 speech from former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.

Read more Fox News >

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/07/19/gingrich-calls-melania-trump-michelle-obama-plagiarism-claims-insanity?hl=1&noRedirect=1

Coal miners put out of their jobs by Obama/Clinton policies don't give a hoot about this Liberal media ploy.

3637547599_1ece0db9cd_o.gif

People on the TV seem to be talking more about plagiarism than hitting it out of the park, eh Newt.

Trump keeps calling everyone in power today an incompetent ("Obama doesn't have a clue"), etc. and says that he'll bring in the best when he's in power. He can't even get a speech writer for his wife who doesn't plagiarize.

And what does the Trump campaign team (his current "best") do when the media produces the clips of Melanie and Michele with almost identical phraseology, at times, in their speeches? They double down and declare there was no plagiarism, causing the media to go after them on it for the rest of the day. They even tried, incredibly, to blame Hilary for this one.

I agree that Melania's speech will not be foremost on people's minds when they vote in November. But Trump's character and the inclination for him and his team to go into denial whenever they've done something wrong will be. If Trump and the people he selects as "the best" do this on the campaign trail they'd do the same thing in the White House.

And Trump tries to sell himself as not being a politician, Aside from politics, he's a man who never apologizes or admits doing something wrong, and always just tries to steamroll again when caught at something. It's a severe character flaw which the Republican base ignores in their hatred of Hilary. But others, those currently sitting on the fence who will decide the election, should keep something like this in mind when it comes to casting a vote.

Do you really want a man as President and team around him who never admits being wrong and only tries to find a way to blame others for his own mistakes?

• Like 5

The Washington Post points out what is significant about these "shared values" of Michelle and Melania ..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/07/19/melania-trump-apparently-ripped-off-michelle-obama-heres-whats-really-awful-about-this/?wpisrc=nl_most-draw5&wpmm=1

What’s galling about this is that Donald Trump’s political career has been propelled to no small degree by an effort to deny the very legitimacy of those values and aspirations on the part of the Obamas, in service of the idea that they are basically imposters, or frauds, who don’t actually harbor the values they claim and don’t really deserve the success they’ve attained. Obviously neither of the Trumps would say this about Ms. Obama. But this is, at bottom, the subtext of Trump’s birtherism about Obama himself — which amounts to arguing that the Obamas don’t really belong in the White House, i.e., they didn’t legitimately achieve their current status.

• Like 1

Degrees do not come from course work only. My insignificant one-quarter has two honorary degrees. One is from University which he never attended. He does not attempt to trade on them but he is entitled by law and custom to list them.

It is: possible that degree was bestowed upon her for reasons other than finishing prescribed course.

I do not say this to defend: Ms. Trump. I know no details of her life and/or accomplishments. I became aware of her existence only of recent. I wish merely to highlight that one may not accept at face value statements made by hate-filled rags such as: Huffington Post.

Yes -- I know that different countries have different (and sometimes sensible) qualifications for degrees.  Regarding the statements from the "hate-filled" Huffington Post, the claim actually comes from a book by two Slovenians, which has been widely quoted. The same report appeared in the (perhaps not "hate-filled" according to you) extremely right-wing Red State.com.

thanks-mrs-obama-july-19-2016.jpg

That's not all that Melania copied. I had a dress just like the one she wore for the speech. I remember that was the style in 1969.

According to one of our posters, the dress is an original by a Serbian dress designer.

Mine was an original design by JC Penney's.

It cost $15. I wonder what Melania's dress cost?

How many people did Trump put out of work by declaring bankruptcy?  How many out of work by having his products manufactured overseas?

The number of coal miners has been declining for many, many years for other reasons.  Primary is technology, just as in the automotive and other manufacturing industries.

Millions will be put out of work by Trump's tariff policies.  It will increase the cost of imported products by 35-40%.  But all products will increase in cost because everything "made in America" has components made somewhere else or with machinery made somewhere else or with raw materials made somewhere else.

Not to mention the tariff retaliations by other countries, thereby eliminating even more millions of American jobs.

Regardless, coal mining is decreasing because industry is turning away from it.  It is expensive, dirty and prone to future mega-lawsuits.  Just ask Duke Energy.  I sit on a water board that uses a river for a source.  One of our big worries is the coal ash dump sitting on the edge of river a few miles upstream.  A "spill" would cause loss of water for tens of thousands of people for who knows how long.  Fortunately, the power company is eliminating coal at the plant.

I don't know who knows less about economics, you or Trump.

• Like 1

Whether it's Russia, Ukraine, or Slovenia, there are an a surprisingly amazing number of beautiful females that come from those locales. Sorrow for this shallow post.

Brilliant article. I feel vindicated at my own stunning reaction to this event (others have had this too, but perhaps not so outrageously as one might expect, or at least not overtly so). This should be read by all. A particularly perspicacious look of what that speech might mean down the line. Read it.

I also read the GQ article about Melania.  Apparently had a very privileged upbringing in Yugoslavia due to her father's Communist Party membership.  I saw another article where it said her father was actually a manager of a government owned automobile and motorcycle dealership.  I would imagine this took very good connections within the Party.

Of course that is her parents and not her, but still Trump and the Republicans have no qualms about raising ancient history on their opponents.

• Like 1

Whether it's Russia, Ukraine, or Slovenia, there are an a surprisingly amazing number of beautiful females that come from those locales. Sorrow for this shallow post.

Fra-- I think your post was very nice. But you may be on the wrong website for what you may be looking for.

Bonne chance

Fra-- I think your post was very nice. But you may be on the wrong website for what you may be looking for.

Bonne chance

After more than 53,000 posts, you're telling me I'm on the wrong website?

After more than 53,000 posts, you're telling me I'm on the wrong website?

DGF, you are certainly the doyen of the TCM Board!

Humphrey was not in the primaries; he was imposed at the convention. That was the main reason for the chaos there.

LOL. Like I said, I dont remember it too well.....

I also read the GQ article about Melania.  Apparently had a very privileged upbringing in Yugoslavia due to her father's Communist Party membership.  I saw another article where it said her father was actually a manager of a government owned automobile and motorcycle dealership.  I would imagine this took very good connections within the Party.

Of course that is her parents and not her, but still Trump and the Republicans have no qualms about raising ancient history on their opponents.

LOL.