Oldmoviemomreturns

Is there a way to have posts in threads with

9 posts in this topic

original post on top, with answers in chron order?  I recall when I posted here years ago, if looking at a new thread, you had to go back to the beginning, sometimes pages, to find the original post, and work backwards to follow the responses.  This new format looks different, but still don't see an option where you can change the order of how posts in threads appear.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 2

original post on top, with answers in chron order?  I recall when I posted here years ago, if looking at a new thread, you had to go back to the beginning, sometimes pages, to find the original post, and work backwards to follow the responses.  This new format looks different, but still don't see an option where you can change the order of how posts in threads appear.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry still no option for that.    The most recent post will be 'above' prior posts.     Therefore if one hasn't been to a thread in a while they have to scroll 'down'.

There is a 'last unread post' feature that takes one to the last unread post in a thread.      But if one wants to read the original post they have to go to the 'start'.

NOTE:  There is a 'go to last page'  button next to the page numbers that takes one to the 'start'  (the original post, which many define as the FIRST page,  but TCM's programmers call the 'last page').

Edited by jamesjazzguitar

I would really appreciate an option to read from beginning to end as well.   Some of these threads are very long and trying to scroll upwards and from the last page to the first feels awkward to me.

Thanks!

I cosign the request to allow readers to display threads with posts in forward-chronological order (ie, the first post displayed first, the last post displayed last).

I cosign the request to allow readers to display threads with posts in forward-chronological order (ie, the first post displayed first, the last post displayed last).

Not going to happen.   The site is set up for frequent users that use the 'view new content' feature.    I.e. if one comes a few times a day one wishes to come to the last UNREAD post instead of seeing all of those 'already read' post.

But of course if one comes only once a week or so,   they have to scroll 'up' more to catch up on unread post.

Not going to happen.   The site is set up for frequent users that use the 'view new content' feature.    I.e. if one comes a few times a day one wishes to come to the last UNREAD post instead of seeing all of those 'already read' post.

But of course if one comes only once a week or so,   they have to scroll 'up' more to catch up on unread post.

Hi, James.

I don't think anyone who would like to be able to read in forward-chronological order is asking that that be the only format available. What I am asking is that it be an option, as on many other message boards, including on many boards that have visitors who visit several times daily.

Hi, James.

I don't think anyone who would like to be able to read in forward-chronological order is asking that that be the only format available. What I am asking is that it be an option, as on many other message boards, including on many boards that have visitors who visit several times daily.

James was trying to tell you that your request has been made for literally years, and they haven't change it. So it's safe to say that they're never going to. It doesn't make much sense at first, but if you stick around you'll get used to it.

Hi, James.

I agree there should be an option.    This way each user can set up the system the way that works best for them. 

I actually like the way it works but I'm a frequent user and I always use the 'view new content' feature.   

• Like 1