Sign in to follow this  
FrankieFane

I like to Sing-a

12 posts in this topic

Hi. Does anyone know the name of the cartoon short shown before THE JOLSON STORY on Monday, November 13 at approximately 9:55 PM EST?

I was out of the room when it began and was instantly drawn in when I heard the singing. The plot is reminiscent of THE JAZZ SINGER except with owls. The son of a classically inclined Papa Owl wants to sing swing but his father insists he sing art songs ('Drink to me only with thine eyes...'), but he continually breaks into a jazzy number ('I like to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a). Anyway, they have a fight, Baby Owl leaves home and they are happily reunited at a radio station contest judged by a rabbit. It appears to be from the 1930's and it's in color.

I recognized the swing song he sings and was brought back to my childhood when they would show the Merrie Melodies series every morning before school on television. This was one of my favorites as a child. Any information would be appreciated.

This is one of my favorites! I'll have to check it out online...

I used to sing the song to my son and he loved it when he was a toddler...

I love to sing-a!

>

> I recognized the swing song he sings and was brought

> back to my childhood when they would show the Merrie

> Melodies series every morning before school on

> television. This was one of my favorites as a child.

Ahhh those were the days!

I enjoyed the fact that there was a clip from "I Love to sing-a" in "Looney Tunes Back in Action" a few years ago. My children and I really enjoyed that movie, even if few other people did.