JakeHolman

M A G A >> WINNING! NO COLLUSION NO OBSTRUCTION

27,819 posts in this topic

Poll: Who won the debate?

THE HILL >> http://thehill.com/homenews/news/297924-poll-who-won-the-debate

HAIL TO THE EMPEROR!

On THE HIll (Wikipedia)

"This article is missing information about ownership and financial backing. Please expand the article to include this information?"

I smell a fault with this result. It's fake or padded with wingies.

Why do you persist in referring to Trump as Emperor? Is that what you want?  Why don't you live in the Middle East. America has no emperors. Or didn't you know? Are you Anti-American?

• Like 1

Poll: Who won the debate?

The winner of the debate would be the one who gets the most new votes as a result of it. That would be from undecided who now have decided - or from decideds who will now change their vote from one to the other.

I really don't see too much of the second happening. But I do believe that Trump will pick up more votes from undecideds than Hillary will pick up, as a result of the first debate.

So, based on that (and that alone) Trump won.

The winner of the debate would be the one who gets the most new votes as a result of it. That would be from undecided who now have decided - or from decideds who will now change their vote from one to the other.

I really don't see too much of the second happening. But I do believe that Trump will pick up more votes from undecideds than Hillary will pick up, as a result of the first debate.

So, based on that (and that alone) Trump won.

You're basing your opinion on what the polls will say, but we don't know that yet.

As of now, there seems to be a consensus that Hillary won the debate, based on what they saw on their television screen. What's your take on that? Is your hatred for Hillary so profound that you might not want to admit she got the best of it?

Can you cite an instance in the debate that would make you believe that Trump will be the one that will pick up a few votes. Why wouldn't an undecided voter go for Hillary, based on her performance?

You're basing your opinion on what the polls will say

Yes.

The slight change in poll percentages should favour Trump - that's what will make him the winner of the debate.

Everything else is just talking heads talking.

Can you cite an instance in the debate that would make you believe that Trump will be the one that will pick up a few votes. Why wouldn't an undecided voter go for Hillary, based on her performance?

Because she was just Hillary. Same old. Lots of words - empty words that nobody who's hurting in the nation believes anymore.

Trump nailed it when he said "that's all they ever do is talk - they don't do anything".

This is why there's people going to 3rd Party voting. They know that the establishment is full of ****. Same old words that have become more and more meaningless to them through the past 25 years. And that's definitely why Trump is one of the nominees, against all historical sampling. The establishment has lost people; continues to lose people; will quite possibly prove to have lost too many for establishment-Hillary to prevail.

Hillary's best chance is that people will be so terrified of Trump that they'll not dare to vote for something better - like the Green Party. But Trump didn't scare anyone with tonight's performance - and that will go against Hillary's chances. Anyone who has been leaning toward Johnson or Stein will remain that way from tonight's debate.

Certainly Trump's voters won't be changed over to Hillary by anything Hillary said.

That leaves undecideds as the only people whose votes can be picked up by tonight's debate. I expect the few that will be added to the mass will be added for Stein and Trump. Why not Hillary? Because everyone who's for Hillary is already for Hillary. People who want something other than her will not be won to her because of her completely usual boring empty policy projecting. They hurt too much now to believe any of it anymore.

• Like 1

Majority of snap polls show Trump won debate by a landslide despite CNN's overwhelming victory for Hillary in biggest official survey

DAILY MAIL >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3809204/Most-snap-polls-Trump-winning-debate-landslide.html

THE CLINTON NEWS NETWORK HAS THE LOWEST RATINGS OF THE MAJOR CABLE NEWS. MSNBC HAS SURPASSED THEM AND FOX IS FAR AHEAD IN THE RATINGS OF BOTH. 

TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS!

• Like 2

CNN, Washington Post, FiveThirtyEight,Public Policy all reported Clinton a decisive victor in post-debate polls.

Snap polls are unscientific and virtually worthless.

The slight change in poll percentages should favour Trump - that's what will make him the winner of the debate.

A delusional statement from a Clinton hater. But the next polls to come out should tell the story as to the debate's winner. I suspect Hillary will be a couple of points up.

• Like 2

A delusional statement from a Clinton hater. But the next polls to come out should tell the story as to the debate's winner. I suspect Hillary will be a couple of points up.

We'll see.

Almost all of those snap polls - about 20 of them in that link, I think - are saying precisely what I'm thinking.

The only one that came out strongly for her was CNN - hardly a surprise from the audience of that station comprised of a swarm of "protect her at all costs" talking heads.

Of course, one can also say that about the Fox News poll that is strongly for Trump and the Breitbart poll also strongly for Trump. But the aggregate score of those 20 polls comes in at 60-40 for Trump, at least. So, throwing out those three that we knew would be lopsided (CNN, Fox and Breitbart), it was like 15-2 that think Trump won (will gain votes from) last night's debate. And in the 2 that gave the edge to Hillary, it was by a pretty small margin.

Anyway, no matter what people have to say about her winning the debate - that decision is up to the people who will be polled over the next couple of days.

Again, we'll see.

Majority of snap polls show Trump won debate by a landslide despite CNN's overwhelming victory for Hillary in biggest official survey

DAILY MAIL >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3809204/Most-snap-polls-Trump-winning-debate-landslide.html

THE CLINTON NEWS NETWORK HAS THE LOWEST RATINGS OF THE MAJOR CABLE NEWS. MSNBC HAS SURPASSED THEM AND FOX IS FAR AHEAD IN THE RATINGS OF BOTH. 

TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS!...

that's what I say too!

they WANTED hillary to come out on top. 

they couldn't wait at CNN to apply their pundit viewpoint to what they saw.

Donny actually scored some pretty good direct hits but how do you phase someone who is so dishonest and shameless and disconnected she doan even know she's been hit? CNN chooses to believe people are looking through their prisms and not their own.

Whatever their feelings about Hillary, I cannot fathom anyone thinking Trump did a good job last night. I have to agree with the assessment I read this morning of his being the worst debate performance in memory.

• Like 1

Whatever their feelings about Hillary, I cannot fathom anyone thinking Trump did a good job last night. I have to agree with the assessment I read this morning of his being the worst debate performance in memory.

but those qualities have yet to sink his candidacy. voters are looking beyond facades to what these 2 are saying...and trump is not the usual BS.

that's why he'll win. :)

Anyway, no matter what people have to say about her winning the debate - that decision is up to the people who will be polled over the next couple of days.

Absolutely. I can't fathom how anyone except a hardcore Trump supporter or Clinton hater would say Trump won last night's debate. The polls in a few days will tell how the story about the winner, as you say.

The spin doctors on both sides are going nuts now trying to affect that decision.

Absolutely. I can't fathom how anyone except a hardcore Trump supporter or Clinton hater would say Trump won last night's debate. The polls in a few days will tell how the story about the winner, as you say.

The spin doctors on both sides are going nuts now trying to affect that decision.

hillary clinton was so polished last nite that everyone just fell madly in love with her like she was gene tierney. :lol:

Absolutely. I can't fathom how anyone except a hardcore Trump supporter or Clinton hater would say Trump won last night's debate.

That's the easiest thing to understand!

For all her superior debating skills, and her taking two weeks to memorize her lines and practice in the mirror - everyone knows it's all bull**** with her. The people know she's dishonest (and boring).

Trump may be a bull****er too (he is), but he's not the one who's been in government for decades doing nada - and he's not the one who destroyed evidence that the authorities requested or exposed classified material to everyone in the world or told Wall Street bankers he'd take care of them. And that's just a few of the things she's done wrong.

Trump needed to do or say something really terrible to make people who don't want to vote for her want to vote for her.

And he didn't. It's because he didn't that she won't gain anything from her "superior delivery". He will gain for holding back. Maybe not a lot - but right now every small amount is looking bigger and bigger.

Like I said before - everyone who's for her is already for her. She has nowhere to go but down, in terms of percentage.

Unless she can get some progressives to give up on their third Party preferences and join her. But she needs Trump to self-destruct a lot more to get that. And it looks to me like we've seen his worst already. He's more careful now.

• Like 1

For all her superior debating skills, and her taking two weeks to memorize her lines and practice in the mirror - everyone knows it's all bull**** with her. She's a liar. They know she's dishonest (and boring).

But Trump needed to do something really terrible to make people who don't want to vote for her vote for her.

And he didn't. It's because he didn't that she won't gain anything from her "superior delivery"

He will gain for holding back. Maybe not a lot - but right now every small amount is looking bigger and ****.

a terrific spot-on analysis, darkblue, and I agree with with every word.

Trump needed to do something really terrible to make people who don't want to vote for her vote for her.

And he didn't. It's because he didn't that she won't gain anything from her "superior delivery"

He will gain for holding back. Maybe not a lot - but right now every small amount is looking bigger and ****.

Boy, have you got the bar low for Trump, thereby declaring him a "winner" because he didn't do anything "terrible." I suspect that undecided voters want more than that in their future President.

Boy, have you got the bar low for Trump, thereby declaring him a "winner" because he didn't do anything "terrible." I suspect that undecided voters want more than that in their future President.

No - I've got the bar low for the people who will be voting.

I'm not scoring the debate by points. I'm assessing it by what results from it. And in that, Trump won.

Unless the forthcoming polls say differently.

It's awfully hard to believe there are many undecideds who are that way because they're pondering whether to vote for Hillary. I mean, come on. What the hell don't the people know about Hillary at this point?

It's wonderfully appropriate that someone who slavishly supports a B.S. con man like Trump would cite B.S. internet polls with no scientific validity to make a case that his "hero" won a debate. The Donald would be proud of you, Nip. To hell with the truth, just spew out the bull that serves your case.

It's wonderfully appropriate that someone who slavishly supports a B.S. con man like Trump would cite B.S. internet polls with no scientific validity to make a case that his "hero" won a debate. The Donald would be proud of you, Nip. To hell with the truth, just spew out the bull that serves your case.

Isn't that what tRUMP does??? :D

What

For all her superior debating skills, and her taking two weeks to memorize her lines and practice in the mirror - everyone knows it's all bull**** with her. The people know she's dishonest (and boring).

Trump may be a bull****er too (he is), but he's not the one who's been in government for decades doing nada - and he's not the one who destroyed evidence that the authorities requested or exposed classified material to everyone in the world or told Wall Street bankers he'd take care of them. And that's just a few of the things she's done wrong.

Trump needed to do or say something really terrible to make people who don't want to vote for her want to vote for her.

And he didn't. It's because he didn't that she won't gain anything from her "superior delivery" He will gain for holding back. Maybe not a lot - but right now every small amount is looking bigger and bigger.

Like I said before - everyone who's for her is already for her. She has nowhere to go but down, in terms of percentage.

Unless she can get some progressives to give up on their third Party preferences and join her. But she needs Trump to self-destruct a lot more to get that. And it looks to me like we've seen his worst already. He's more careful now.

What is your criterion for what rises to the level of "something terrible"? Exposing himself on stage? Mooning the audience?

Because she was just Hillary. Same old. Lots of words - empty words that nobody who's hurting in the nation believes anymore.

Trump nailed it when he said "that's all they ever do is talk - they don't do anything".

This is why there's people going to 3rd Party voting. They know that the establishment is full of ****. Same old words that have become more and more meaningless to them through the past 25 years. And that's definitely why Trump is one of the nominees, against all historical sampling. The establishment has lost people; continues to lose people; will quite possibly prove to have lost too many for establishment-Hillary to prevail.

Hillary's best chance is that people will be so terrified of Trump that they'll not dare to vote for something better - like the Green Party. But Trump didn't scare anyone with tonight's performance - and that will go against Hillary's chances. Anyone who has been leaning toward Johnson or Stein will remain that way from tonight's debate.

Certainly Trump's voters won't be changed over to Hillary by anything Hillary said.

That leaves undecideds as the only people whose votes can be picked up by tonight's debate. I expect the few that will be added to the mass will be added for Stein and Trump. Why not Hillary? Because everyone who's for Hillary is already for Hillary. People who want something other than her will not be won to her because of her completely usual boring empty policy projecting. They hurt too much now to believe any of it anymore.

Why not Hillary? Because everyone who's for Hillary is already for Hillary.

lol

Why is out of the question that an undecided voter might be weighing Trump or Clinton?

You hate Hillary so much that you project it on the undecideds.

You're a decided voter and you don't understand what an undecided might be going through, you just think you do.

Trump scared me!  He's a scary man and he showed it last night. If he doesn't scare you it's because you are a decided voter and you probably think what you see is what you get and ho hum, is what he is. But what would an undecided think? You wildly generalize by saying that  "people [undecideds] won't vote for her. People who want something other than her will not be won to her because of her completely usual boring empty policy projecting. They hurt too much now to believe any of it anymore." This may or may not be in the mind of undecided voters but it's naive to exclude the possibility that they may opt for Hillary in the end. After all, Dark, they're UNDECIDED.

I grasp your point but there are sweeping generalities, coupled by your extreme hatred for Hillary. I'm not persuaded that an undecided voter would act the way you say.

What

What is your criterion for what rises to the level of "something terrible"? Exposing himself on stage? Mooning the audience?

PLEASE!!!!! tRUMP is enough of a nightmare already............

TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS!

How does it feel to be continually grasping at straws? Snap Polls, give me a break. Even with an overwhelming perception of a clear victory for Trump by a significant majority of outlets, you continue to grunt and groan in the mire.

"When the nightingale started singing, the songbird ended her song, but the crow kept on crowing.

proverb

why not write in your own words why you think that Trump won the debate (instead of these tortured links)

TRUMPUS MAXIMUS AMERICANUS!...

that's what I say too!

they WANTED hillary to come out on top. 

they couldn't wait at CNN to apply their pundit viewpoint to what they saw.

Donny actually scored some pretty good direct hits but how do you phase someone who is so dishonest and shameless and disconnected she doan even know she's been hit? CNN chooses to believe people are looking through their prisms and not their own.

Did you watch the debate? You honestly thought he won? You must have been watching Monday Night Football.