JakeHolman

THE PRES. TRUMP REPUBLICAN AGENDA > MAGA & AMERICA 1ST

7,914 posts in this topic

Going back to the 1950s-- not just rich women, but any fairly well-connected middle-class woman didn't have too much difficulty getting an abortion. She could make a connection and the amount required would not be prohibited to a person of that class.

Tru tru tru...my mother had an illegal abortion in...~1958...i was ~5yrs old.

I didn't understand why the ambulance came to take her to the hopsital one night.I was told she was "sick".

Didn't know until i was twentysomething Why she was "sick" "that time"...it was cuz she had an abortion and nearly died from complications...One of the most well known and Respected doctors in the city was the one who performed the botched job....my family was Not well off but she was able to afford it.

I was only mildly surprised to learn of the abortion.... 

Tru tru tru...my mother had an illegal abortion in...~1958...i was ~5yrs old.

I didn't understand why the ambulance came to take her to the hopsital one night.I was told she was "sick".

Didn't know until i was twentysomething Why she was "sick" "that time"...it was cuz she had an abortion and nearly died from complications...One of the most well known and Respected doctors in the city was the one who performed the botched job....my family was Not well off but she was able to afford it.

I was only mildly surprised to learn of the abortion.... 

My heart goes out to your Mom.  What she went through back then must have been very frightening.  Abortion needs to be safe and legal.  If one doesn't believe in abortion, fine, then don't get one but please stop interfering with others' privacy.  Thank you for sharing such a personal story.

• Like 1

Sessions Moves To Quickly Deport Imprisoned Immigrants

“We owe it to the American people to ensure that illegal aliens who have been convicted of crimes and are serving time in our federal prisons are expeditiously removed from our country as the law requires,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement. “This expansion and modernization of the Institutional Hearing Program gives us the tools to continue making Americans safe again in their communities.”

DAILY CALLER >>  http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/30/sessions-moves-to-quickly-deport-imprisoned-immigrants/#ixzz4cuWg64BN

BOOT 'EM OUT!

As more Americans fail drug tests, employers turn to refugees

In the last five years, nearly 4,000 refugees have resettled in Erie, PA, a city that has struggled economically in recent decades.

Locals say the area also is dealing with a drug epidemic.

"'Right now around here, heroin's big, sad to say," said Sterling Technologies floor manager, Marty Learn, who has seen four or five workers in his department fail drug tests in recent months.

"I've had no refugees fail it," he added.

My heart goes out to your Mom.  What she went through back then must have been very frightening.  Abortion needs to be safe and legal.  If one doesn't believe in abortion, fine, then don't get one but please stop interfering with others' privacy.  Thank you for sharing such a personal story.

My attitude has always been that I do not know if it is morally or religiously wrong or not, but neither does the government or anyone else.  It is up to the woman and her physician.

Going back to the 1950s-- not just rich women, but any fairly well-connected middle-class woman didn't have too much difficulty getting an abortion. She could make a connection and the amount required would not be prohibited to a person of that class.

That may be true for certain parts of the country moreso than others.  It also depends on what you consider "well-connected middle-class."  That would leave out most of the working class.  Not to mention how to explain to your parents or others why you needed a relatively large sum of money all of a sudden.

Regardless, as JR pointed out, the quality may have been very lacking.

Trump has declared that he will "fight" the Republican House Freedom Caucus and other hard liners if they do not get on board with him.  He will go after them in the 2018 Republican Primaries.  

Now that would be interesting.

All of the HFC members come from extremely conservative districts and are assured reelection as long as no one runs to the right of them.  I live in one.