Sign in to follow this  
klondike

When I get that Time Machine . . . . !

11 posts in this topic

It's on right now, again . . . "Christmas in Connecticut", and I swear when I get that Time Machine, I'm gonna set it for '40's Hollywood Never-Land, and I'm going to go back and BUY that farm, and most of those characters/actors might only be my guests every second weekend, but I swear I'm moving Una O'Connor right back in as housekeeper, and I'll thank my lucky stars every time she wants to give me a good soft-toned, broguish tongue-lashing, 'cause she is PERFECT.

Roughly about 18 times I've "stopped by" for Xmas at that farm now, and I just love it a li'l bit more evry time!

Thank Heavens for the eternity of silver nitrate, and the Guardians who work to preserve it!

> It's on right now, again . . . "Christmas in

> Connecticut", and I swear when I get that Time

> Machine, I'm gonna set it for '40's Hollywood

> Never-Land, and I'm going to go back and BUY that

> farm, and most of those characters/actors might only

> be my guests every second weekend, but I swear I'm

> moving Una O'Connor right back in as housekeeper, and

> I'll thank my lucky stars every time she wants to

> give me a good soft-toned, broguish tongue-lashing,

> 'cause she is PERFECT.

> Roughly about 18 times I've "stopped by" for Xmas at

> that farm now, and I just love it a li'l bit more

> evry time!

> Thank Heavens for the eternity of silver nitrate, and

> the Guardians who work to preserve it!

I have seen Christmas at least forty times.

When I get that time machine I'm going back to June 1968, and play "Stage Door Johnny" at the "Belmont Stakes". He was a long shot that paid around $38.00 to win. I'll bet the ranch and will have enough money to start my own "Classical Movie" cable station. Then I'll play "Proud Birdie"in October 1977, at Belmont Race Track in Queens New York who paid $81.00 to win and have the pleasure to hire Ted Turner, then fire him for selling TCM to Time Warner. I'll buy Time Warner in a Tender Offer that I will effect and then disband them. That's what I would do once I get that Time Machine!

Bartlett

I'd just go back and watch all the classics I love during their initial theatrical run! And I'd especially make sure to watch any movies that are now lost, like London After Midnight!

What could be better than getting a chance to see all the classics when they were brand-new prints at the local movie palaces, and also enjoying the audience reaction to them when they were seen for the very first time!

I too would love to see London After Midnight, I have only seen stills of this movie with Chaney and his pirahna teeth. I hope that it is in a tin in a cool place someday yet to bee discovered. I know that the master burnt up and that no others can be found, but I still hope.

Yes and even though it's the most prominent "lost" movie, it's not the only one.

Which is why it would be soooo wonderful to get on a time machine and be able to see all the early movies and classics right as they premiered, when they were playing in the best theaters and the prints were brand-new! :)

And can you imagine if you could listen to the audience of the times react to these movies? What a blast that might be.

Well there's still a few theaters that can take you back to the era before multiplexes... San Francisco's Castro Theater, Seattle's Egyptian, Los Angeles' Cinerama Dome or El Capitan, to name but a few.