DownGoesFrazier

Husband and Wife

843 posts in this topic

You said that the wife was the star of the show, and the husband appeared. I thought they were the co-stars.

Next: He was a producer of stage.

She was a columnist.

FYI-- in those chauvinistic times they always put the man's name first. But George Burns would have told you in a minute that Gracie was the star of the show always-- as he told Johnny Carson many times on The Tonight Show.

George produced The Bob Cummings Show, Love That Bob and Mr. Ed just to name two other shows.

FYI-- in those chauvinistic times they always put the man's name first. But George Burns would have told you in a minute that Gracie was the star of the show always-- as he told Johnny Carson many times on The Tonight Show.

George produced The Bob Cummings Show, Love That Bob and Mr. Ed just to name two other shows.

Back to my question:

He was a stage producer

She was a columnist

This couple made some films together and starred in a tv comedy series in the '50's.

(Not Lucy & Desi) The Couple and name of tv series, extra for some of the films they were in together ????????

Howard Duff and Ida Lupino? "Mr. Adams and Eve"? WOMAN IN HIDING, WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS, JENNIFER, PRIVATE HELL 36, WOMEN'S PRISON

Correct, Ida Lupino and Howard Duff. Too bad the tv series was short lived. wish it was re-run, many of the episodes were suppose to have been based on their real life. Your thread DGF

She was a rock singer.

He was a rock guitarist and songwriter, and a member of his wife's lesser-known rock group.

Female rock singer, not Pat Benatar or Tina Turner. It's not Grace Slick, Joan Jett, Gwen Stefani. Debbie Harry, Annie Lennox, Ann Wilson, Janis Joplin

Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac? No, they were never married.

It's not Michelle Phillips and John Phillips, since they're both equally famous. (But I guess that's arguable)

So I got nothing.

Female rock singer, not Pat Benatar or Tina Turner. It's not Grace Slick, Joan Jett, Gwen Stefani. Debbie Harry, Annie Lennox, Ann Wilson, Janis Joplin

Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac? No, they were never married.

It's not Michelle Phillips and John Phillips, since they're both equally famous. (But I guess that's arguable)

So I got nothing.

One of the ones you mentioned is the female half of the couple. I'm not sure why you rejected her.

Grace Slick = married twice, once to a cinematographer, and then to a lighting designer

Joan Jett = never married

Gwen Stefani = married once to Gavin Rossdale of Bush, never in a band together

Annie Lennox = married 3 times, 1) a Hare Krishna 2)movie producer 3) a doctor

Debbie Harry = never married

Ann Wilson = married once, but not until 2015

Janis Joplin = never married

What am I missing?

Grace Slick = married twice, once to a cinematographer, and then to a lighting designer

Joan Jett = never married

Gwen Stefani = married once to Gavin Rossdale of Bush, never in a band together

Annie Lennox = married 3 times, 1) a Hare Krishna 2)movie producer 3) a doctor

Debbie Harry = never married

Ann Wilson = married once, but not until 2015

Janis Joplin = never married

What am I missing?

You are incorrect about the career of one of these female's husbands. I'm surprised, because there are songs that highlight this family tie.

You are incorrect about the career of one of these female's husbands. I'm surprised, because there are songs that highlight this family tie.

Then who is it? If you mean Grace Slick, she had a kid with Paul Kantner, but they were never married.

Then who is it? If you mean Grace Slick, she had a kid with Paul Kantner, but they were never married.

I know that, but check out her husbands. Slick was not her original last name.

I know that, but check out her husbands. Slick was not her original last name.

Her wiki page states that her first husband was Jerry Slick, a cinematographer, and that her second husband was Skip Johnson, a lighting designer.

Jerry also played drums in her first band, The Great Society. His brother Darby Slick played guitar.

Her wiki page states that her first husband was Jerry Slick, a cinematographer, and that her second husband was Skip Johnson, a lighting designer.

Jerry also played drums in her first band, The Great Society. His brother Darby Slick played guitar.

I can't get away with anything. When I posted the question, I knew that Grace, Darby, and Jerry Slick were all with Great Society. I confused Darby and Jerry's contributions to the band. That minor mistake caused you to go completely off the rails? If so, I apologize. Your thread.

I can't get away with anything. When I posted the question, I knew that Grace, Darby, and Jerry Slick were all with Great Society. I confused Darby and Jerry's contributions to the band. That minor mistake caused you to go completely off the rails? If so, I apologize. Your thread.

I went completely off the rails? Okay, I'll abstain from further participation.

open thread.

The husband was the leader of an internationally famous rock and roll band of the 1960's.

The wife was in a girl group that had some success on the West Coast.

Much of that success was attributed to her husband who often wrote the music for and produced the recordings of her group.

When your name the couple, can you also name the two groups involved.

I went completely off the rails? Okay, I'll abstain from further participation.

open thread.

Don't be so  sensitive. I didn't use that term in on offensive manner. I was only kidding. Please participate.

The husband was the leader of an internationally famous rock and roll band of the 1960's.

The wife was in a girl group that had some success on the West Coast.

Much of that success was attributed to her husband who often wrote the music for and produced the recordings of her group.

When your name the couple, can you also name the two groups involved.

Was this guy an American?