DownGoesFrazier

Husband and Wife

968 posts in this topic

Prnicess, is this Brian "Beach Boys" Wilson again?

His wife Marilyn was in the girl group The Honeys.

I was thinking Brian, I looked up his spouse, and didn't recognize her name.

Princess, is this Brian "Beach Boys" Wilson again?

His wife Marilyn was in the girl group The Honeys.

Lawrence, with me it's always Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys.LOL

Brian's group was made up of his 2 brothers, cousin and high school buddy.

Marilyn Rovell's group was made up of her sister and her cousin.

Marilyn and Brian had two little girls who made a noise in the business with a group called Wilson Phillips.

FYI-- Brian is now married to his second wife, whose story is depicted vividly in the current movie Love & Mercy.

Lawrence, your turn--

• Like 1

This husband and wife have been divorced now for over 35 years, but she has always kept her married name. They are both actors, and have both been nominated for Oscars, with one of them winning.

One of them received their sole Oscar nomination the same year that the other starred in a major cult classic film. The one in the cult classic went on to win an Oscar 20 years later.

Who are the husband and wife, and what are the three films alluded to?

Hint: they are both still active", especially the wife. She's much more in the public eye than her ex-husband.

This husband and wife sounds like Chris Sarandon and Susan Sarandon.  Chris Sarandon was nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for "Dog Day Afternoon" in 1975 the same year that Susan Sarandon starred in the cult classic film "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".  Susan Sarandon won a Best Actress Oscar for "Dead Man Walking".

This husband and wife first met on a late night TV talk show where they were regulars.

They had a nightclub act as a couple and they also worked as two singles.

When you name this couple, can you also name the late-night TV show where they met?

This husband and wife first met on a late night TV talk show where they were regulars.

They had a nightclub act as a couple and they also worked as two singles.

When you name this couple, can you also name the late-night TV show where they met?

Steve and Eydie may have met while they were working on Steve Allen's local NY late-night show.

Steve and Eydie may have met while they were working on Steve Allen's local NY late-night show.

It wasn't local, it was on NBC and it was the 1st Tonight Show.

And my favorite male singer Andy Williams was the third singer that Steve hired.

Fra, This could be the start of something big; you are up--

It wasn't local, it was on NBC and it was the 1st Tonight Show.

And my favorite male singer Andy Williams was the third singer that Steve hired.

Fra, This could be the start of something big; you are up--

Husband---Composer

Wife-----Film actress

Not the one I'm thinking of. She was more of a sexpot than Mia Farrow.

So it could be virtually any other woman...

I'll continue to think on it.

Fra-- you're thinking of Pinchas Zukerman and Tuesday Weld

But Lawrence got the correct answer--it is Andre Previn and Mia Farrow.

Pinchas Zukerman is a famous violinist and classical conductor - - I have a number of his records.

Andre Previn is the composer - - he composed classical and jazz music and for Broadway and MGM movies.

Even if you're thinking of someone else --if Lawrence had a correct answer he deserves the thread.

Fra-- you're thinking of Pinchas Zukerman and Tuesday Weld

But Lawrence got the correct answer--it is Andre Previn and Mia Farrow.

Pinchas Zukerman is a famous violinist and classical conductor - - I have a number of his records.

Andre Previn is the composer - - he composed classical and jazz music and for Broadway and MGM movies.

Even if you're thinking of someone else --if Lawrence had a correct answer he deserves the thread.

He'll get it if the next guess is wrong. The one I'm thinking of is more obvious than either of the two guesses so far. The couple should be right in your wheelhouse, Princess.

Burt Bacharach and Angie Dickinson?

article-2321487-19AF38A9000005DC-290_306

Burt and Angie were truly a golden couple.

I should have been able to get this by reading Fra's mind--

He once said that he resembles the handsome composer.

This time it will be Husband and wives.

The husband was a major talent of the stage and screen, known the world over, winning accolades for work both in front of and behind the camera.

He was married three times, and each wife was an actress on the stage, as well as in film. The first wife was a minor footnote in film history, but at the time she was better known than her struggling actor husband. The second wife was a major star of the screen, including two iconic film performances. The third wife was unjustly accused of using her husband's fame to further her career, but she went on acting for years after his death, even garnering an Oscar nomination.

Name the actor and the three wives.

This time it will be Husband and wives.

The husband was a major talent of the stage and screen, known the world over, winning accolades for work both in front of and behind the camera.

He was married three times, and each wife was an actress on the stage, as well as in film. The first wife was a minor footnote in film history, but at the time she was better known than her struggling actor husband. The second wife was a major star of the screen, including two iconic film performances. The third wife was unjustly accused of using her husband's fame to further her career, but she went on acting for years after his death, even garnering an Oscar nomination.

Name the actor and the three wives.

Laurence Olivier- Jill Esmond, Vivien Leigh and Joan Plowright were all married to Olivier at one time. Joan Plowright was Oscar nominated for best supporting actress ????

Laurence Olivier- Jill Esmond, Vivien Leigh and Joan Plowright were all married to Olivier at one time. Joan Plowright was Oscar nominated for best supporting actress ????

Correct, lavenderblue!

Your thread!  :)

This actress was married twice. Once to an actor, then to a director. She was Oscar nominated a couple of times, once for a film her husband directed. Actress and her 2 husbands ???