DownGoesFrazier

Husband and Wife

966 posts in this topic

Hi, lavenderblue,

This sounds like SUTS tribute actress Jean Simmons whose two husbands were actor Stewart Granger and writer/director Richard Brooks, who directed Miss Simmons in the film "The Happy Ending" which earned her a Best Actress Academy Award nomination.

Hi Marsha :)

Yes, beautiful Jean Simmons was married to Stewart Granger and Richard Brooks and the Happy Ending is the film Jean was nominated for an Oscar. Good work, your thread.

Thanks lavender. Great to have you back on the message boards. :) 

Next: 

This husband and wife met each other while working together in a  1958 Joseph Papp stage production.

Both the husband and wife are known for portraying very strong characters in theatre, film and TV.

Early in her career, the wife was known as "the Queen of off-Broadway". She was a renowned interpreter of the works of Eugene O'Neill on stage and won a Lead Actress Tony Award for her performance in an O'Neill play.

The husband wore many hats as an actor on stage and in film as well as a stage director and producer. Nominated for two Best Actor Academy Awards, he won one.

The couple were married and divorced twice and have two sons, one a writer and the other an actor.

Name the husband and wife and their actor son.

Thanks lavender. Great to have you back on the message boards. :) 

Next: 

This husband and wife met each other while working together in a  1958 Joseph Papp stage production.

Both the husband and wife are known for portraying very strong characters in theatre, film and TV.

Early in her career, the wife was known as "the Queen of off-Broadway". She was a renowned interpreter of the works of Eugene O'Neill on stage and won a Lead Actress Tony Award for her performance in an O'Neill play.

The husband wore many hats as an actor on stage and in film as well as a stage director and producer. Nominated for two Best Actor Academy Awards, he won one.

The couple were married and divorced twice and have two sons, one a writer and the other an actor.

Name the husband and wife and their actor son.

Off the top of my head-----George C. Scott and Colleen Dewhurst?

DJ is correct that the husband and wife are George C. Scott and Colleen Dewhurst.

JamesStewartFan answered correctly that Campbell Scott is their actor son, but his answer came after DJ's. 

Since DJ answered the "husband and wife" part of the question first, I think the thread should be his.

DJ is correct that the husband and wife are George C. Scott and Colleen Dewhurst.

JamesStewartFan answered correctly that Campbell Scott is their actor son, but his answer came after DJ's. 

Since DJ answered the "husband and wife" part of the question first, I think the thread should be his.

Husband----Bandleader and accomplished instrumentalist

Wife---Movie star

Husband----Bandleader and accomplished instrumentalist

Wife---Movie star

Husband: Artie Shaw

Wife (take your pick): Lana Turner, Ava Gardner, Evelyn Keyes, Kathleen Winsor, Doris Dowling.

Husband: Artie Shaw

Wife (take your pick): Lana Turner, Ava Gardner, Evelyn Keyes, Kathleen Winsor, Doris Dowling.

Sorry. My clue implied that I had a guy with one movie-star wife in mind.....Another couple.

Husband: Phil Harris

Wife: Alice Faye

I don't think of Harris as a great instrumentalist. This guy was one of the best on his instrument.

Thanks, Frazier.  This should be an easy one:

The husband was a romantic leading man for many years and most of his movies were made for one particular studio.  The wife  was one of the all-time great ladies of  Hollywood.  They made at least two movies together.

Thanks, Frazier.  This should be an easy one:

The husband was a romantic leading man for many years and most of his movies were made for one particular studio.  The wife  was one of the all-time great ladies of  Hollywood.  They made at least two movies together.

Robert Taylor and Barbara Stanwyck?

You got it, Frazier.  I can't think of another couple that fits that description.  Good going.  Your turn.

He was a major film producer

She, along with her sister, were leading ladies in film.

He was a major film producer

She, along with her sister, were leading ladies in film.

Fra--

I'm a bit perturbed with you. This was going to be my next question for this thread. Now, I don't have a question. Actually did research on this. But you beat me to it.

Producer Walter Wanger and his movie star Leading Lady wife Joan Bennett.

Her sister was Constance Bennett.

Fra--

I'm a bit perturbed with you. This was going to be my next question for this thread. Now, I don't have a question. Actually did research on this. But you beat me to it.

Producer Walter Wanger and his movie star Leading Lady wife Joan Bennett.

Her sister was Constance Bennett.

Would you be less perturbed if this was not the correct answer? Unfortunately, it is. Your turn.

Would you be less perturbed if this was not the correct answer? Unfortunately, it is. Your turn.

BTW--that was a great question.

She was a talented and beautiful star from a classic TV sitcom, But Not only was she nominated for the Emmy Award, she also was a dramatic actress who had been nominated for the Academy Award.

He was an actor who never knew stardom, but descended from a family of acting Giants.

Can you name this Hollywood couple?

BTW--that was a great question.

She was a talented and beautiful star from a classic TV sitcom, But Not only was she nominated for the Emmy Award, she also was a dramatic actress who had been nominated for the Academy Award.

He was an actor who never knew stardom, but descended from a family of acting Giants.

Can you name this Hollywood couple?

Hope Lange and John Drew Barrymore?

This answer is half wrong and half right.

How about Cara Williams and John Drew Barrymore?