DownGoesFrazier

Husband and Wife

988 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Arturo said:

Jane Greer and Rudy Vallee?

Sorry, not them. The couple I'm asking about had a much longer marriage than Greer and Vallee and appears to have been a happy one. 

20 minutes ago, Arturo said:

What about Alice Faye and Phil Harris?

Not them, as I wrote, he was in crime movies. We know her as a blonde though.

42 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Not them, as I wrote, he was in crime movies. We know her as a blonde though.

Let me try again......Joan Blondell and Dick Powell?

26 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Let me try again......Joan Blondell and Dick Powell?

That's a better guess, although I said she was in a famous crime movie. The actress was younger than Joan,( almost 15 years) they had a longer marriage  than Powell and Blondell and it was this actresses only marriage.

edited by me

She had a bit part in the first full length film of a an actor, comedian, song and dance man, then went on to co-star with him in 4 films. One of those 4 was a comedy, the other 3 were comedy, musicals.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:14 AM, TheCid said:

Ok thanks.  Virginia Mayo and Michael O'Shea.  

19 minutes ago, Arturo said:

I really hoped the last 2 clues would do it. Yes Virginia Mayo and Michael O'Shea. We just watched him in The Threat on Noir Alley this week-end. Obviously Virginia co-starred in White Heat and made all those Danny Kaye films. Virginia was well liked in Hollywood and I thinlk always a pleasure to watch. They had a long, successful marriage. Probably 2 very nice, normal people. You certainly were persistent with this one Arturo, Good work and thanks, Your thread :)

• Like 1

I never saw TheCid's post answering the question and I just went back a page to 11/10 and it's not there, so I have no idea what happened.TheCid, if you answered the question correctly, then it's your thread to post one or leave the thread open for someone else. Where did TheCid post his answer?

It was from a thread in the political quagmire that is the Off Topic subfiorum.  I must've started to quote him in a reply, but never submitted it.  When I tried to post here, his post came up.  I couldn't post otherwise, so I deleted it, but couldn't remove his name, etc.

8 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I really hoped the last 2 clues would do it. Yes Virginia Mayo and Michael O'Shea. We just watched him in The Threat on Noir Alley this week-end. Obviously Virginia co-starred in White Heat and made all those Danny Kaye films. Virginia was well liked in Hollywood and I thinlk always a pleasure to watch. They had a long, successful marriage. Probably 2 very nice, normal people. You certainly were persistent with this one Arturo, Good work and thanks, Your thread :)

The Danny Kaye clue is what did it, and I had just watched THE THREAT last night, and it finally clicked.  Thanks.

Next:  She was a beauty engaged to one of Hollywood's top stars, but ended up marrying a Harvard student who served in a PT boat during World War II.

Upon marriage, she basically gave up her movie career and moved to Massachusetts to be with her husband while he finished at Harvard