Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

The Whitewashing of white nationalist terrorism

312 posts in this topic

A guide to the language of the 'alt-right'-

"Stephen K. Bannon's fringe brand of conservatism is suddenly front and center, after he was named to be chief strategist in Donald Trump’s White House. As the chairman of Breitbart News, Bannon turned the website into, in his own words, the "go-to platform of the alt-right” – a far-right ideology that  promotes what many consider to be white nationalism, racism, anti-Semitism, homophobia, transphobia and misogyny.

This week, we examined the general worldview of the alt-right. But how can you identify someone who considers themselves part of it? Like most groups, the alt-right has its own code words and slang. Here are some terms they use, and other hallmarks to look out for:....

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-alt-right-terminology-20161115-story.html

:lol:

A guide to the language of the 'alt-right'-

"Stephen K. Bannon's fringe brand of conservatism is suddenly front and center, after he was named to be chief strategist in Donald Trump’s White House. As the chairman of Breitbart News, Bannon turned the website into, in his own words, the "go-to platform of the alt-right” – a far-right ideology that  promotes what many consider to be white nationalism, racism, anti-Semitism, homophobia, transphobia and misogyny.

This week, we examined the general worldview of the alt-right. But how can you identify someone who considers themselves part of it? Like most groups, the alt-right has its own code words and slang. Here are some terms they use, and other hallmarks to look out for:....

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-pol-alt-right-terminology-20161115-story.html

Interesting article, although i was already familiar with most of the terms. Jake has used more than a few of them here.

But that LA Times website is horrid. I had to disable adblocker to view it, and then a non-stop flow of auto-play ads kept popping up.

• Like 1

"on Saturday, an all-day conference was held just blocks from the White House, sponsored by the National Policy Institute, a white-supremacist think tank. Lisa Mascaro writes for the Los Angeles Times: “Sitting around conference tables, the formally dressed men more resembled Washington lobbyists than the robed Ku Klux Klansmen or **** toughs that often represent white supremacists, though they share many familiar views. This new generation is aiming to influence Washington in Washington’s own ways: churning out position papers, lobbying lawmakers and, and perhaps most importantly, removing the cloak of anonymity to fully join the national political conversation.....

"After many hours of speeches, the group was addressed by the alt-right’s ideological leader Richard Spencer:

quoted Nazi propaganda in the original German. America, he said, belonged to white people, whom he called the ‘children of the sun,’ a race of conquerors and creators who had been marginalized but now, in the era of President-elect Donald J. Trump, were ‘awakening to their own identity.’

http://billmoyers.com/story/mr-11-21-white-nationalists-heil-victory-police-crack-down-dakota-pipeline/

-yeah, couldn't seem to post link to orig LATimes source article

:(

This is Steve Bannon's white supremacist hero, Richard Spencer, exalting Donald Trump's victory.

"After many hours of speeches, the group was addressed by the alt-right’s ideological leader Richard Spencer:

quoted Nazi propaganda in the original German. America, he said, belonged to white people, whom he called the ‘children of the sun,’ a race of conquerors and creators who had been marginalized but now, in the era of President-elect Donald J. Trump, were ‘awakening to their own identity.’

From the look of these pasty faced alt-right dudes the

original Brownshirts would have beat the **** out of them.

It's sad, but still a bit amusing to think there WERE many who voted for Trump because they actually thought he was going to "Make America WHITE again".

It wasn't really "white" to begin with if you think about it.

They're gonna be in for a BIG surprise when they discover all the white people they want to replace all the "illegals" and African-Americans with in all the jobs THOSE people do won't settle for the "chicken feed" slave wages they got away with paying the ones being replaced.  Which is WHY they hired the "illegals" and the others in the FIRST place.

Sepiatone

It's sad, but still a bit amusing to think there WERE many who voted for Trump because they actually thought he was going to "Make America WHITE again".

It wasn't really "white" to begin with if you think about it.

They're gonna be in for a BIG surprise when they discover all the white people they want to replace all the "illegals" and African-Americans with in all the jobs THOSE people do won't settle for the "chicken feed" slave wages they got away with paying the ones being replaced.  Which is WHY they hired the "illegals" and the others in the FIRST place.

Sepiatone

We will have to pay more for services once they are no longer performed by illegal immigrants.  Well worth the slight increase IMO.   Note that CA which grows more food for the nation then any other state has already increased the minimum wage (incremental increases until it reaches $15).   

In the garment district of L.A.  shops were just raided because they were paying illegal workers around $4 an hour.   This is unfair to those workers.     These shop owners will have to pay the minimum wage to legal workers. 

BUT,  I do believe the Trump admin will extend working visas to workers in areas where they are needed as part of their overall immigration plans due to intense pressure from the business community (and yes, this is yet another Trump flip-flop).   

We will have to pay more for services once they are no longer performed by illegal immigrants.  Well worth the slight increase IMO.   Note that CA which grows more food for the nation then any other state has already increased the minimum wage (incremental increases until it reaches $15).   

In the garment district of L.A.  shops were just raided because they were paying illegal workers around $4 an hour.   This is unfair to those workers.     These shop owners will have to pay the minimum wage to legal workers. 

BUT,  I do believe the Trump admin will extend working visas to workers in areas where they are needed as part of their overall immigration plans due to intense pressure from the business community (and yes, this is yet another Trump flip-flop).   

Always amuses me that a white guy comes to give me an estimate on home repairs or remodelings.  Then a crew of Hispanics supervised by an Hispanic shows up to do the work.  Haven't a clue as to whether they are legal or illegal.  A local industry was housing up to 10 Hispanic workers in mill housing until city told him it was illegal overcrowding of a residence.

Oh, c'mon folks!

Don't you realize that all this just goes to show yet another reason Donny Boy won(well, the EC count anyway) and Hillary didn't?

Lemme ask yo a question here: IF Hillary would've won(once again the EC count), how many wimpy left-leaning Dems do you think would've then felt free to overtly express their utter glee in her victory and in such a distasteful manner as these white supremacists have, HUH?!

Nope, probably not that many, huh! And because of course she couldn't "excite her political base" much as Donny Boy did. And, I mean "excite" like Donny Boy has excited people who somehow believe not only that he's gonna make America "great again", but also just like these racist morons that think Donny Boy thinks just like they do.

And which I BELIEVE he really doesn't...and 'cause in Donny Boy's case, HE doesn't give a crap about who makes money for him, black OR white...or brown or yellow for that matter...just as long as that money keeps rollin' in)

• Like 1

Always amuses me that a white guy comes to give me an estimate on home repairs or remodelings. Then a crew of Hispanics supervised by an Hispanic shows up to do the work. Haven't a clue as to whether they are legal or illegal. A local industry was housing up to 10 Hispanic workers in mill housing until city told him it was illegal overcrowding of a residence.

The same thing happened to me a few years back when I was getting my roof repaired. I made the arrangements with the white contractor, then when I came back from work, I saw all of these foreign Latinos in my front yard speaking Spanish. My elderly mother, who was living with me at the time, was scared to death and couldn't figure out what was going on.

However, the Mexican- American foreman spoke English as well as me and I had the impression that he was, indeed, an American citizen, but the rest of them I couldn't say. But I had already signed the contract.

All I can say is that they did an excellent job and were hard workers. They started work very early and finished early.

I remember this so well because a few weeks prior to that, on the local news, I saw that a local roofing company of hometown people had just gone out of business for lack of work.

That these "illegals" are willing with no complaint to do work for FAR below the legal minimum  is why they were hired to begin with.  So it's CRYSTAL CLEAR that NObody came here and "stole" those jobs.  Those jobs were GIVEN away!  Once, if it does happen, that those guys are deported and replaced by American born workers who will probably DEMAND minimum wage and get it, the shift will be from people griping about illegals "stealing" jobs, to bellyaching about sharp PRICE HIKES for many products.

Sepiatone

That these "illegals" are willing with no complaint to do work for FAR below the legal minimum  is why they were hired to begin with.  So it's CRYSTAL CLEAR that NObody came here and "stole" those jobs.  Those jobs were GIVEN away!  Once, if it does happen, that those guys are deported and replaced by American born workers who will probably DEMAND minimum wage and get it, the shift will be from people griping about illegals "stealing" jobs, to bellyaching about sharp PRICE HIKES for many products.

Sepiatone

Again,  the Trump admin will not deport 'needed' workers.   Just like the wall,  the 'deport them all'  was just pandering to the base.   

But yes,   some illegal immigrations will be replaced by legal workers and that will raise the cost of goods.

Often when a policy shift doesn't satisfy anyone it means it is a good policy shift.    Both the left and right must be disappointed in the final settled immigration reform policy for it to be a balanced reform policy. 

There's no need for the white racist to hide anymore. The supreme white supremist, Richard Spencer, has his man, Steve Bannon, in the Oval Office.

As Breitbart wages "war" on Kellogg’s, advertisers flee-

"Breitbart News, an ultraconservative website that has served as a platform for the white nationalist “alt-right” movement, is touting its growing readership and “main street American values” as a reason advertisers should stick with it. 

Some marketers, however, are heading for the exits, directing their advertising dollars away from Breitbart amid the publication’s call for a boycott against Kellogg’s (K), which has pulled its ads from the site. That prompted Breitbart to declare “war” on Kellogg’s.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/as-breitbart-wages-war-on-kelloggs-advertisers-flee/

:lol:

• Like 2

"There were no

this time, at least. But Richard Spencer, the white supremacist Trump supporter trying to make racism cool by rebranding it “alt-right,” gave another rabble-rousing speech on Tuesday night, this time at Texas A&M University.

In case there was any ambiguity about his message, video posted on Twitter by Josef Winkler, a college sophomore who was repulsed by Spencer’s statements, showed him boasting that, because of the conquest of North America by European invaders, “America belongs to white men.”....

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/07/america-belongs-white-men-alt-right-founder-says/

:blink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZGE7vZf44Q

"There were no

this time, at least. But Richard Spencer, the white supremacist Trump supporter trying to make racism cool by rebranding it “alt-right,” gave another rabble-rousing speech on Tuesday night, this time at Texas A&M University.

In case there was any ambiguity about his message, video posted on Twitter by Josef Winkler, a college sophomore who was repulsed by Spencer’s statements, showed him boasting that, because of the conquest of North America by European invaders, “America belongs to white men.”....

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/07/america-belongs-white-men-alt-right-founder-says/

:blink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZGE7vZf44Q

Well then evidently young Josef while surfing the Net has never wandered into the TCM website during his short time on Earth, eh Mr.6?!

'Cause I'm PRETTY sure a very similar opinion to that has been expressed by at least ONE regular around these parts in the past...and occasionally was I recall, then followed by some rant about the "righteousness" of the "Judeo-Christian" culture.

(...ya SEE all you young people out there...you can learn a HELL of a lot more about the world and the people in it on the TCM website boards than just why you should appreciate old Black&White movies!)

• Like 2

It must be a drag being a white supremacist. Learning

all the words to the Horst Wessel song. **** that ****.