Sign in to follow this  
Carol Anne

Movie Length Wrong on TCM On Demand

5 posts in this topic

For awhile I've noticed that the length displayed on my TV screen with TCM On Demand movies (Comcast/Xfinity) is longer than the actual movie.

Example: "Across the Pacific" on IMDb is shown as lasting 1 hour and 37 minutes; the actual time elapsed was 1 hour 38 minutes.  Yet the guide display says 2 hours and 1 minute.  

What's the unused time about?

For awhile I've noticed that the length displayed on my TV screen with TCM On Demand movies (Comcast/Xfinity) is longer than the actual movie.

Example: "Across the Pacific" on IMDb is shown as lasting 1 hour and 37 minutes; the actual time elapsed was 1 hour 38 minutes.  Yet the guide display says 2 hours and 1 minute.  

What's the unused time about?

Hi Carol Anne,

It might have to do with the way there are extra minutes to include the introductions, closing remarks and ads. 

I do not think it is because the movie is running slower (or faster) with the on-demand service.

The most accurate running times are the ones listed on TCM's online schedule.

Hi Carol Anne,

It might have to do with the way there are extra minutes to include the introductions, closing remarks and ads. 

I do not think it is because the movie is running slower (or faster) with the on-demand service.

The most accurate running times are the ones listed on TCM's online schedule.

Well. now some movie times are shown to On Demand TV viewers as "1 minute."  That's nonsense, of course,

Unfortunately, if I stop the movie, intending to get back to it later in the day, the elapsed time has disappeared and I must begin at the beginning.  

Well. now some movie times are shown to On Demand TV viewers as "1 minute."  That's nonsense, of course,

Unfortunately, if I stop the movie, intending to get back to it later in the day, the elapsed time has disappeared and I must begin at the beginning.  

Are you allowed to rewind and fast-forward? As long as the whole movie is there, I guess you have to make sure you watch it all the way through without interruptions.