657 posts in this topic

TD 9 has now formed in the Gulf...

@4AM Monday

23.5 N. 83.9 W.

Movement W. @9MPH

Winds 35 MPH

Gusts to 46MPH

Pressure 1007mb

Most computer models currently turn it towards FL.in the next few days as a tropical storm.

Rapid intensification is not expected at this time.

Animated enhanced Carribean satellite view

http://www.myfoxhurricane.com/custom/sat_enh_car.html

USA Today:  Tropical Depression 8 formed off the East Coast and could hit the Outer Banks by Tuesday.  It could develop into Tropical Storm Hermine.  Drenching rains and thunderstorms threaten the Carolina Coast.

Meanwhile Invest 99L has not developed into a tropical depresssion or hurricane yet, but has a 60-80% chance.  Could threaten Gulf Coast, Texas or Florida with heavy rains even if not a TD or hurricane.

Please stop the hype.   :wacko:

• Like 1

Just got a heads-up alert from my neighborhood association about the storm track. A lot of my neighbors, including directly on two sides, are law enforcement, so they always take the better-safe-than-sorry tack. 

As of now, it's predicted to pass directly through here.

337ae5179583ed733fd112b920bbeaf2.PNG.max

Here in SW.Florida we're already starting to see rain spinning up from TD9.

Even tho' we are fairly far south of the currently predicted path of the storm,expected rainfall amounts are predicted to be in the 4-8 inch range over the next few days. 

This morning started with crystal clear skies and strong breezes,but ~11AM small fast moving rain bands began developing...more to come.

My sentiments exactly, but up to the moderators.

I'd rather see these newer threads simply combined with the "What's the Weather Like" thread. 

• Like 3

Oh, the old 'but they did it first' or 'they do it more' defense.    

Storm still has a chance to develop into a hurricane. It will be over warm waters which is conducive for the storm to intensity.

If you are near water in this area beware of the storm surge. Develops fast and is deadly.

Good luck.

The moderators just closed down your thread;  They said it was redundant.

You now have the right,  as well as the motivation,   to create 10 new ones.     

As Sheryl Crow said;  If it makes you happy,,,,,

Madeline, a Hurricane Category 3 is on its way to Hawaii

Threatens Presidential Kickoff Of World Conservation Congress

Thursday is the time President Obama was scheduled to return to his home state of Hawaii, where he was born, to kick off the World Conservation Congress with the opening address.

The International Union for the Conservation of Nature may have to postpone the Congress as the US National Weather Service forecasts that Hurricane Madeline may hit Hawaii's main island by Wednesday with sustained winds of up to 125 miles per hour, carrying heavy rain along with the strong winds.

( Sources: NBC & Yahoo News)

Moderators incorrectly locked the thread on Tropical Depression 8 that is approaching the Outer Banks of North Carolina and may become a Tropical Storm.

Apparently they assumed that because Jakie changed the title of his thread, he was talking about TD 8 instead of Invest 99L.  

Changing the thread title just adds to the confusion.

Madeline, a Hurricane Category 3 is on its way to Hawaii

Threatens Presidential Kickoff Of World Conservation Congress

Thursday is the time President Obama was scheduled to return to his home state of Hawaii, where he was born, to kick off the World Conservation Congress with the opening address.

The International Union for the Conservation of Nature may have to postpone the Congress as the US National Weather Service forecasts that Hurricane Madeline may hit Hawaii's main island by Wednesday with sustained winds of up to 125 miles per hour, carrying heavy rain along with the strong winds.

( Sources: NBC & Yahoo News)

I'm crushed. :lol:

TD 8 is off the Outer Banks of NC and appears to be very weak, very disorganized and ragged per one weather person. (Sounds like the Trump campaign).  Does not appear dangerous at this time, but still merits watching.  Rip currents, high winds and lots of rain possible.

TD 9 could become a tropical storm and come ashore at Tallahassee and head for Gainesville by Wed. night.

No Hermine or Ian yet since neither is yet a Tropical Storm

Edited by TCMModerator1
This thread has been merged into the existing one re weather conditions

TD 8 is off the Outer Banks of NC and appears to be very weak, very disorganized and ragged per one weather person. (Sounds like the Trump campaign).  Does not appear dangerous at this time, but still merits watching.  Rip currents, high winds and lots of rain possible.

TD 9 could become a tropical storm and come ashore at Tallahassee and head for Gainesville by Wed. night.

So it gets a name when it stops being a TD and becomes a TS?

Hopefully the only problem this storm causes is that it brings down the Internet in your area so we don't get more and more threads about the weather.

• Like 1

Hopefully the only problem this storm causes is that it brings down the Internet in your area so we don't get more and more threads about the weather.

That's easy for you to say, sitting there in Southern California where the weather never changes.

That's easy for you to say, sitting there in Southern California where the weather never changes.

I don't mind post about the weather but there is already a thread about the weather in one's area,  so one can just add a post to that thread.

But this is all just a contest between two folks here.

Maybe no major weather changes, but the day they have that one major seismic episode, it could make them wonder if they would have been better off living in some place that had hurricanes and tornadoes.

I didn't start this.

Correct.  You started the one that the moderator closed down as redundant.

Only because the moderator did not understand that Jake's thread was about one storm in the Gulf and mine was about one on the East Coast.  Look at Jake's original thread title and the new one to which he changed it.