657 posts in this topic

Tropical Storm HERMINE Public Advisory

BULLETIN

TROPICAL STORM HERMINE SPECIAL ADVISORY NUMBER  17...CORRECTED
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL       AL092016
1200 PM CDT THU SEP 01 2016

CORRECTED TO REPLACE ARIPEKA WITH LONGBOAT KEY IN FIRST
PARAGRAPH OF STORM SURGE HAZARD STATEMENT

...TROPICAL STORM WARNING EXTENDED SOUTHWARD ALONG FLORIDA GULF AND ATLANTIC COASTS...

SUMMARY OF 1200 PM CDT...1700 UTC...INFORMATION

-----------------------------------------------

NOAA > http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT4+shtml/011713.shtml

She's on the way Florida.

Good Luck

Tropical Storm HERMINE Public Advisory

BULLETIN

TROPICAL STORM HERMINE SPECIAL ADVISORY NUMBER  17...CORRECTED

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL       AL092016

1200 PM CDT THU SEP 01 2016

CORRECTED TO REPLACE ARIPEKA WITH LONGBOAT KEY IN FIRST

PARAGRAPH OF STORM SURGE HAZARD STATEMENT

...TROPICAL STORM WARNING EXTENDED SOUTHWARD ALONG FLORIDA GULF AND ATLANTIC COASTS...

SUMMARY OF 1200 PM CDT...1700 UTC...INFORMATION

-----------------------------------------------

NOAA > http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATCPAT4+shtml/011713.shtml

She's on the way Florida.

Good Luck

I love water. :D 

flooding and oversatuated ground, sounds like fun. :D

Shouldn't the thread title be changed to Northern Florida and Carolinas?

I say the title should be changed to Hawaii.

• Like 1

Hawaii certainly is threatened by hurricanes at this moment.

But I don't know if Jake thinks that Hawaii is in the United States.

But I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway, I recall when I was in kindergarten that the teacher told me that Hawaii was the 50th state in the Union. I got a little flag with 50 stars on it as a souvenir.

So I believe that anyone born in Hawaii after it became the 50th state is, indeed, an American citizen.

So even though Hawaii may be the last of the 50 states, its citizens have all the same citizenship rights as those people in the other 49.

So if we just call this thread--

Hurricanes / Tropical Storms --that might cover everybody.

• Like 1

I love water. :D 

flooding and oversatuated ground, sounds like fun. :D

(know your kidding about the flooding)

Get one of these, first introduced by the Weather Channel during the mid 80's. 30 years and no design change.  I use it to compliment the tipper bucket.

rain-gauge.jpg

stratus-1d.jpg

"Tipper bucket" rain gauges can be economical like the Rain Wise which is connected to my Heathkit  Weather Computer...

20061025091254.jpg

...to high end professional versions (if you have to ask the price, forget it)

6011_780.jpg

Anyway, I recall when I was in kindergarten that the teacher told me that Hawaii was the 50th state in the Union. I got a little flag with 50 stars on it as a souvenir.

So I believe that anyone born in Hawaii after it became the 50th state is, indeed, an American citizen.

So even though Hawaii may be the last of the 50 states, its citizens have all the same citizenship rights as those people in the other 49.

This thread originated as one about the threat to Jake's "by the grace of God" Mississippi and that Gulf Coast.  He changed it to the more relevant and politically correct one now being used.

We need one thread for hurricanes and/or other weather events.

And let's care about the people experiencing all these weather events.

• Like 1

Hermine barrels north: First hurricane to hit Florida in 11-years leaves one dead and more than 200,000 without power as it causes a trail of destruction while it thunders up toward the East Coast 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770296/Florida-hit-life-threatening-80mph-hurricane-time-11-years-Hermine-makes-landfall.html#ixzz4J6tdtngL

Hermine barrels north: First hurricane to hit Florida in 11-years leaves one dead and more than 200,000 without power as it causes a trail of destruction while it thunders up toward the East Coast 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3770296/Florida-hit-life-threatening-80mph-hurricane-time-11-years-Hermine-makes-landfall.html#ixzz4J6tdtngL

up the east coast...itta be a-headin' my way!  :o

I got 4 stouffers meatloaf + mashed potatoes TV dinners in my freezer plus a box of banquet brown n' serve sausages.

I gotta eat all that before the power goes out.  :)

Hey,  this is very funny.    I give you credit for making this thread political and getting a good dig on your fellow users at this forum.

I just checked my birth certificate to ensure I have a right to even be here.       :lol:

This is one tenacious little hurricane. The trailing arm just won't let go of Florida.

l6YbDiX.jpg

whatta lotta bull. they screwed up again and upset the entire east coast for what?

nuthin! they blew it. and they expect to be taken seriously the next time they pull this cr ap?

if there is one thing I can't stand it's ineptitude in the field of meteorology.

:angry:

whatta lotta bull. they screwed up again and upset the entire east coast for what?

nuthin! they blew it. and they expect to be taken seriously the next time they pull this cr ap?

if there is one thing I can't stand it's ineptitude in the field of meteorology.

Now what are you blathering about? The storm sure as hell hit where I live, taking out power, kicking up tornadoes, and killing at least one person, with many more injured. 

Oh wait, you just mean you and where you live, right? I thought for a second you were looking past your own nose, but I forgot who I was talking to here.

Now what are you blathering about? The storm sure as hell hit where I live, taking out power, kicking up tornadoes, and killing at least one person, with many more injured. 

Oh wait, you just mean you and where you live, right? I thought for a second you were looking past your own nose, but I forgot who I was talking to here.

we were supposed to be one of the hardest hit areas with high winds and flooding and all we really got was some 30+ mph gusts and today not even that, just a strong breeze and some billowy clouds.

whatta letdown. :(

we were supposed to be one of the hardest hit areas with high winds and flooding and all we really got was some 30+ mph gusts and today not even that, just a strong breeze and some billowy clouds.

Well, we can all hope for worse for you next time. :lol:

Yea,  too bad your Internet service wasn't shut down for at least a week or two.   

whatta letdown!

• Like 1

Yea,  too bad your Internet service wasn't shut down for at least a week or two.   

whatta letdown!

:lol:

What a joke. We  were warned in Philly aboutheavy rain and strong winds. It hasn't been windy, and it hasn't rained a drop.

I have been told the Raiders would have a winning season for the past 10 years.

So what is your point? 

So what is your point? 

his point is that alotta today's TV weather forecasters suck. :D 

So what is your point? 

You didn't like the post about a big storm coming, and you didn't like my post that there was no storm at all. I guess that when you were growing up, your ambition wasn't to become a licensed meteorologist.

You didn't like the post about a big storm coming, and you didn't like my post that there was no storm at all. I guess that when you were growing up, your ambition wasn't to become a licensed meteorologist.

It wasn't that I didn't like your post but didn't understand what you were getting at.  IF your point was that meteorologist are wrong too often you can't use ONE incidence to make such a case (well unless your NipKow who is the king of antidotal evidence). 

It wasn't that I didn't like your post but didn't understand what you were getting at.  IF your point was that meteorologist are wrong too often you can't use ONE incidence to make such a case (well unless your NipKow who is the king of antidotal evidence). 

I don't know if you have auto-correct or some kind of auto-complete function that sometimes throws up incorrect words, but you wanted "anecdotal" not "antidotal".

Although, I often find myself thinking the opposite of what Nipkow says, so perhaps "antidotal" could work for his postings.