Sign in to follow this  
Bill Holmes

The telestrator is a great addition

5 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to look for ways to make these courses special. I think adding the use of the telestrator in the video lectures and stopping the action to enhance the narration with visual cues is a wonderful add this year. Used sparingly (as in "don't go all John Madden on us!") it supplements an already pointed and enjoyable dialogue. Kudos!

I hope this tool is retained as future courses (Westerns? Crime films?) are compiled in future seasons.

• Like 4

I'm pushing for a course on "Fast Talking Dames," from the 1930s to 1940 with Carole Lombard, Rosalind Russell, Bette Davis, Katherine Hepburn, Ginger Rogers, the great Barbara Stanwyck, and so many more.  Princeton Adult School in New jersey offered  course on this a number of years ago, and unfortunately I could not attend.  There's a lot of film out there.  Hope it gets some consideration. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to look for ways to make these courses special. I think adding the use of the telestrator in the video lectures and stopping the action to enhance the narration with visual cues is a wonderful add this year. Used sparingly (as in "don't go all John Madden on us!") it supplements an already pointed and enjoyable dialogue. Kudos!

I hope this tool is retained as future courses (Westerns? Crime films?) are compiled in future seasons.

Yes, the telestrator in the Breakdown of a Gag videos is a great addition. I especially enjoyed its use in the fourth episode about the Marx Brothers' stateroom scene.

But the introduction to the fifth episode (the one about baseball) is a real treat--without the telestrator! I really loved Cellini's and Edwards's gag with the baseball! It seems like the two of them are really hitting their stride and getting comfortable on set.

• Like 1

[i second this!!

There is a film with EdwArd G. Robinson called The whole towns talking and they fly through that movie verbally in parts. It's amazing how they fast talked back then!

quote name=jkbrenna" post="1374169" timestamp="1473518635]I'm pushing for a course on "Fast Talking Dames," from the 1930s to 1940 with Carole Lombard, Rosalind Russell, Bette Davis, Katherine Hepburn, Ginger Rogers, the great Barbara Stanwyck, and so many more.  Princeton Adult School in New jersey offered  course on this a number of years ago, and unfortunately I could not attend.  There's a lot of film out there.  Hope it gets some consideration.

I agree - the telestrator adds to our understanding of some of these scenes;  I second the motion that you don't go all John Madden on us, unless it's the gag from "Little Giants" where he helps the kid with the play called "The Annexation of Puerto Rico" :-)