Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

Remembering 09-11-2001

63 posts in this topic

Well Jake, we really don't need the gruesome photo reminders.  This is another JFK-type "where were you" moment.  I'm sure we all will recall where we were and what we were doing when it happened.  and...

BTW---

The only "celebrations" I saw and heard about were in news footage from Palestinian settlements in Israel.  There is a large middle Eastern population in Dearborn, MI and nobody there was celebrating either.  One local man, a Muslim of Yemeni background, was on the news expressing concern for his daughter, who worked at the World Trade Center, and he was yet unable to get in touch with her.  To this day I don't know whether or not he was ever able to, or if she perished with the others. 

Sepiatone

Can't think of the title but just before 9/11 a made for TV movie had a terrorist bringing down a building.  What got me was the aftermath, it looked exactly like Ground Zero.  :o

Anyone remember the name?

I had found a certain article about the calendar date for this past Wednesday (the eleventh day of September) at the World Wide Web address below this paragraph to had been very interesting since I had always believed the date should not be treated negatively or used in referencing a certain series of events (involving attacks in certain cities) that occurred on a certain day of a certain calendar year (without the year itself):

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/eric-zorn/ct-column-sept11-date-infamous-dates-american-history-zorn-20190911-qr234xvb7bdctmhob66346pkcy-story.html

I had also wanted to share a certain poem of mine related to the negative ways I had mentioned in the first paragraph of this message:

"Something More"

Prologue: Let this calendar date be an ordinary calendar date (like every other calendar date) and not a date for being somber.

Let this calendar date be something more; something more, something new. Let it be something more; something grand, something loose.

Let this calendar date be free; free to roam, free to be different. Let it be something more; other than to be old, other than to be indifferent.

Let every calendar date be something more; something more, nothing less.

Edited by Mario500
desires to clarify the first paragraph and the introduction for the poem
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Mario500 said:

I had corrected a certain part of the message I had posted here earlier.

Well that's good. Now if I only could understand it.