TopBilled

Handsome men who did not become movie stars

317 posts in this topic

This may be a long post, so bare with me.

I posted in another thread Yul Brynner had a passionate affair with Hurd Hatfield while they were both studying with Michael Chekov. Since Yul's birthday last week, it led me to wonder all this time what happened to Hatfield. I knew Hatfield is best known for The Picture of Dorian Gray, but there isn't really a lot of information out there about him.

I did find this link, though: http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/2013/08/hurd-hatfield.html

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jinsinna13 said:

This may be a long post, so bare with me.

I posted in another thread Yul Brynner had a passionate affair with Hurd Hatfield while they were both studying with Michael Chekov. Since Yul's birthday last week, it led me to wonder all this time what happened to Hatfield. I knew Hatfield is best known for The Picture of Dorian Gray, but there isn't really a lot of information out there about him.

I did find this link, though: http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/2013/08/hurd-hatfield.html

Yes, and I just read that James Dean and Steve McQueen were quite passionate in their younger days in New York.

Will wonders ever cease?

It's really a shame that "The Picture of Dorian Gray" didn't make Hurd Hatfield a star.

He was directed to be "laid-back" and "ambiguous", I believe. 

10 hours ago, rayban said:

Yes, and I just read that James Dean and Steve McQueen were quite passionate in their younger days in New York.

Now that would have been a hot couple- can you imagine "Brokeback Mountain" starring those two?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2018 at 8:32 AM, rayban said:

Will wonders ever cease?

It's really a shame that "The Picture of Dorian Gray" didn't make Hurd Hatfield a star.

He was directed to be "laid-back" and "ambiguous", I believe. 

I think that there are may be a few TCM posters who would **** a brick if they found out their boy Steve had a romance with James Dean.  I can definitely see them in "Brokeback Mountain."

Hurd Hatfield might have been directed to be sort of bland or "laid back" as you say in Dorian Gray.  His face remains inexpressive, a blank canvas, so all those dark emotions appear on his portrait.  His performance works in that film and George Sanders is perfect.  I just love "Picture of Dorian Gray."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

I think that there are may be a few TCM posters who would **** a brick if they found out their boy Steve had a romance with James Dean.  I can definitely see them in "Brokeback Mountain."

McQueen looks like the type of guy who would have had sex with everybody

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

Hurd Hatfield might have been directed to be sort of bland or "laid back" as you say in Dorian Gray.  His face remains inexpressive, a blank canvas, so all those dark emotions appear on his portrait.  His performance works in that film and George Sanders is perfect.  I just love "Picture of Dorian Gray."

Yes, when I read that chapter (in a new bio of James Dean) about his early romance in New York with an illiterate, rough-hewn Steve McQueen, I had to put the book down, I just wasn't expecting it.

But James Dean was a young hot guy who learned early on that SEX was his only way into radio, television and the movies, with men, with women, but especially with men.

• Like 1

Before he became Arrow young Stephen Amell lounges around in "Dante's Cove"

• Like 1

Gregory Bradford;whose looks are classic Falcon video; had brief career with supporting role in teen comedies like "Zapped" (1982) with Scott Baio.  Bradfod had one of his few leads in this sex farce directed by Bert I Gordon of all people....

7 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Gregory Bradford  with supporting role in teen comedies.  He also became a Chippendale dancer but his looks at classic Falcon Video.  His only starring role was in this sex farce directed by Bert I Gordon of all people...

Gregory Bradford has to be seen in the NUDE.

Brad Jonhson had classic Hollywood leading man looks. His first starring role was in one "Always"(1989) on of Spielberg's lesser efforts. He could have played John Gavin's son and he does look good riding a horse...

• Thanks 1

Sasha Mitchell started off as Calvin Klein model and had the lead in "Spike of Bensonhurst"(1988).  He had a supporting role in "Dallas"( 1989-91)  and in the sitcom "Step by Step" (1991-98).  His body was put on display in the kick boxer movies

• Like 1

Sasha Mitchell - a great beauty -

SashaBRUCEWEBER89.jpg

eavBCEi.jpg

SashaMitchellBruceWeberPerLui1985.jpg

(This photo is so provocative.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rayban said:

Sasha Mitchell - a great beauty -

SashaBRUCEWEBER89.jpg

eavBCEi.jpg

SashaMitchellBruceWeberPerLui1985.jpg