TopBilled

Handsome men who did not become movie stars

322 posts in this topic

Actor Trevor Donovan should've been A STAR ten years ago -

43.jpg

He looks very inviting... ;)

• Like 1

Scott Caan appeared in Varsity Blues and Into the Blue with his buddy Paul Walker but has left movies (and Walker) in favor of the sun and sand on the Hawaii Five-O reboot.

scott-caan-1-sized.jpg

scott-caan-height-weight-body-fat-percen

• Like 1

Scott Caan and his Hawaii Five-O co-star Alex O'Loughlin (a possible contender for this thread) make a cute couple. :wub:

cf57ed09863e701cbcc2a0a6b8aa5acf.jpg

• Like 2

Scott Caan and his Hawaii Five-O co-star Alex O'Loughlin (a possible contender for this thread) make a cute couple. :wub:

cf57ed09863e701cbcc2a0a6b8aa5acf.jpg

The do make a handsome couple- bet you there is plenty of fan fiction about these two.

• Like 2

Alex's and Scott's love in a nutshell! :wub:

46f2603ec03277c6e22fa679550be6d0.jpg

a27b7c42cd36313ecadb2b9109dae1c2.jpg

They have real chemistry and the show plays on their bromance

• Like 2

As I already mentioned, I watch NCIS: Los Angeles. Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J (both of which are ineligible for this thread) have a bromance and have good chemistry with one another. But Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan have better chemistry on the Hawaii Five-O reboot. (I've only seen a few episodes, but I admire both Alex and Scott.)

Here's the difference:

bfd48fd30dc9cadd380b8a33be134e1b.jpg

• Like 3

As I already mentioned, I watch NCIS: Los Angeles. Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J (both of which are ineligible for this thread) have a bromance and have good chemistry with one another. But Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan have better chemistry on the Hawaii Five-O reboot. (I've only seen a few episodes, but I admire both Alex and Scott.)

Here's the difference:

bfd48fd30dc9cadd380b8a33be134e1b.jpg

Yes I saw this in the clips Alex and Scott don't have any problems hugging actually it's nice to see straight men who are not afraid to show their love for each other.

• Like 2

Grant Williams - one of the most beautiful men in 50's cinema -

GW00.jpg

When Susan Slade (Connie Stevens) had a breakdown in "Susan Slade" after learning that he had unexpectedly died, you could understand the nature of her despair.

• Like 5

Horst Buchholz - in this country, he is known for "Tiger Bay", "The Magnificent Seven", "Fanny" and "One, Two, Three" -

caebe0c0c5ffc909c8689cb54429e013.jpg

• Like 2

Horst Buchholz - in this country, he is known for "Tiger Bay", "The Magnificent Seven", "Fanny" and "One, Two, Three" -

caebe0c0c5ffc909c8689cb54429e013.jpg

Yes, he should've been a much bigger star in America. He just had the right look and cool attitude. 

• Like 1

Yes, he should've been a much bigger star in America. He just had the right look and cool attitude. 

Perhaps his film career in Germany was more important to him.

He and Leslie Caron were unforgettable lovers in "Fanny".

• Like 2

Grant Williams - one of the most beautiful men in 50's cinema -

GW00.jpg

When Susan Slade (Connie Stevens) had a breakdown in "Susan Slade" after learning that he had unexpectedly died, you could understand the nature of her despair.

Grant Williams was excellent in THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN.  As he shrank, he shrank from his wife in all ways and took up with a little person until the inevitable.  His battle with a spider is one of the greatest scenes ever in '50's science fiction.

• Like 4

I watched the documentary Guns For Hire: The Making of the Magnificent Seven a few months ago. Horst Buchholz was interviewed, and he downright admitted he couldn't stand Steve McQueen. Yul Brynner and James Cagney also had problems with Buchholz. It's possible his bad attitude could be a reason why he wasn't a bigger star in America.

• Like 2

Keith Andes - he had a long career - two notable films are "Clash By Night" and "Split Second" - he starred on Broadway oppposite Lucille Ball in "Wildcat" -

5fe4f60d29ae5001880cb2a3245bb714--heroin

• Like 2

I love that word swoonworthy. LOL

Keith Andes also guest-starred on The Lucy Show. He's in a second season episode called 'Lucy Goes Duck Hunting.' It can be watched on Hulu.

• Like 1

Steven Bauer- started out as Rocky Echevarria in the very funny sit com "Que Pasa Usa" (1977-1979) playing essentially himself a Cuban-American jock.  He co-starred with Pacino in "Scarface"(1983)  but then Hollywood did not know what to do with him "Thief of Hearts" (1984) was his only starring vehiclehttps://youtu.be/GX5C5eiCe20

• Like 1

Steven Bauer- started out as Rocky Echevarria in the very funny sit com "Que Pasa Usa" (1977-1979) playing essentially himself a Cuban-American jock.  He co-starred with Pacino in "Scarface"(1983)  but then Hollywood did not know what to do with him "Thief of Hearts" (1984) was his only starring vehiclehttps://youtu.be/GX5C5eiCe20

Have you seen in him in BETTER CALL SAUL or BREAKING BAD?

Have you seen in him in BETTER CALL SAUL or BREAKING BAD

Bauer never stopped working but I believe he might have been a major star if he had picked better projects -even in "Thieves of Heart" his charms are wasted. 

• Like 1