TopBilled

Handsome men who did not become movie stars

307 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, jaragon said:

Gymnast Mitch Gaylord could not translate Olympic medals to movie stardom- he went from "American Anthem"(1986) to direct to video trash like "Sexual Outlaw"(1992). https://youtu.be/NvtCcfDgQcs

Yeah, he tried. Olympic athletes seem to either make it big in the movies or else fail miserably. Like there's no middle ground with them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Olympic athletes seem to either make it big in the movies or else fail miserably. Like there's no middle ground with them.

I think they need to have a good starring vehicle- Weissmuller was Tarzan and Crabbe was Flash Gordon.  Gaylord basically plays himself in "American Anthem"

• Like 2

Nine pages in - and the first time we've ever had a set of brothers on this thread.

Danny Masterson

image.png.4c7601378d0af024119c16e7e1f0db71.png

Christopher Masterson

image.png.6c46076382b81f8296f956b1640e1844.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jaragon said:

The passing of Heather Menzies made me think of her handsome husband Robert Urich....

He was one of the great beauties.

• Like 1

What happened to Eric Robert's career? His last A list starring role was in the 90's.  He has over 400 credits on IMDB; but most are direct to video like -"The Wolves of Wall Street" https://youtu.be/uNSP7h08w0g

One of those David DeCoteau pseudo gay thrillers which is only an excuse to show cute guys in their underwear ( not like I'm complaining)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jaragon said:

What happened to Eric Robert's career? His last A list starring role was in the 90's.  He has over 400 credits on IMDB; but most are direct to video like -"The Wolves of Wall Street" https://youtu.be/uNSP7h08w0g

One of those David DeCoteau pseudo gay thrillers which is only an excuse to show cute guys in their underwear ( not like I'm complaining)

Drug problems. Prone to violence, including spousal abuse. Some whacked out performances in underperforming movies. And he aged out of leading roles.

He still appears in some A-list movies in small parts, like The Dark Knight Inherent Vice, and some TV roles, but mainly it's bottom-of-the-barrel direct-to-video stuff. I recall seeing him on an episode of one of those "haunted celebrity ghost stories" shows on cable.

You can't get lower than providing the voice for a low budget talking cat movie -.but hey everyone has to eat

4 minutes ago, jaragon said:

You can't get lower than providing the voice for a low budget talking cat movie -.but hey everyone has to eat

Lol...I haven't seen that yet, but I do have a copy on DVD. I've heard it's abysmally bad.

• Like 1

The location is the same house that director David De Coteau uses for all his cute-boys-in danger movies...https://youtu.be/guq25CztBfQ  :)

The film all seem the same after a while - cute guys end up in white briefs, take showers, tease with potential gay sex but only end doing with the only girl in the cast.  There must be an audience for this stuff because dear David- who actually can be a good director check out " The Brotherhood" or "Leather Jacket Love Story"- keeps turning them out

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaragon said:

I watched the talking cat movie which  turned out to be better than I expected- cute, pleasant and of course no deCoteau movie is complete without a gratuitous cute boy shirtless scene. 

5 hours ago, jaragon said:

Eric Roberts gave one of the screen's most memorable performances in "The Pope of Greenwich Village".

172372_full.jpg

11 hours ago, jaragon said:

The location is the same house that director David De Coteau uses for all his cute-boys-in danger movies...https://youtu.be/guq25CztBfQ  :)

The film all seem the same after a while - cute guys end up in white briefs, take showers, tease with potential gay sex but only end doing with the only girl in the cast.  There must be an audience for this stuff because dear David- who actually can be a good director check out " The Brotherhood" or "Leather Jacket Love Story"- keeps turning them out

"Where did my clothes go?"....Classic movie line.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rayban said:

Eric Roberts gave one of the screen's most memorable performances in "The Pope of Greenwich Village".

172372_full.jpg

Talk about homoerotic subtext !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaragon said:

Talk about homoerotic subtext !

You said it, it's there - of course, they run off together.

But, then, the mob is after them!

But they have each other.

• Confused 1

Robert Logan - "77 Sunset Strip", "Daniel Boone" and the Wilderness Family film series -

actor-robert-logan-poses-for-a-portrait-
MVA37881.jpeg?v=1497386489

• Like 2