Sign in to follow this  
Natalie Webb

A Society Sensation (1918) Info?

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

As a Rudolph Valentino fan, I was so excited to learn that this film was still in existence and was not lost like so many of his early "pre-fame" films. However, it was not available online (I didn't see it on youtube etc.), and after months of searching, I've only been able to find it sold at TCM, Valentino: Rediscovering an Icon of Silent Film, and now that has disappeared from the website. If you have any information on where I can get this film, or preferably where I can get the set, Valentino: Rediscovering an Icon of Silent Film, I'd really love to own some of the other films in that set as well, is it still available? I'd appreciate any information you have about this set   :)

~Natalie

Hi Natalie.  Here's a source you might look into:

http://www.flickeralley.com/classic-movies/#!/Valentino-Rediscovering-an-Icon-of-Silent-Film/p/41384276

Oldies.com has had it, but is out of stock. 

Hope this helps.

BTW, these films were shown a few years ago on TCM, and I recorded them at the time.  If you can't find them at Flicker Alley, I could dupe my copies.  However, I'm sure you want to have the added features that come with the set.  Seems like a good value for the asking price.  Again, good luck.

• Like 2

Hi Natalie.  Here's a source you might look into:

http://www.flickeralley.com/classic-movies/#!/Valentino-Rediscovering-an-Icon-of-Silent-Film/p/41384276

Oldies.com has had it, but is out of stock. 

Hope this helps.

BTW, these films were shown a few years ago on TCM, and I recorded them at the time.  If you can't find them at Flicker Alley, I could dupe my copies.  However, I'm sure you want to have the added features that come with the set.  Seems like a good value for the asking price.  Again, good luck.

Thank you so much, I will definitely check that out! I've been so eager to see it, did you like it? Thank you for this information, I can't wait to see those films!

• Like 1

Thank you so much, I will definitely check that out! I've been so eager to see it, did you like it? Thank you for this information, I can't wait to see those films!

Sad to say, I haven't managed to find time to watch them as yet.  Recently though, I did check my discs in case you needed copies, and all the films in that set look quite good.  The scores also sounded very nice.  I'll try to watch soon since you will probably want to discuss here once you see them.

• Like 2

Sad to say, I haven't managed to find time to watch them as yet.  Recently though, I did check my discs in case you needed copies, and all the films in that set look quite good.  The scores also sounded very nice.  I'll try to watch soon since you will probably want to discuss here once you see them.

I finally got the set and I just watched A Society Sensation  (1918). I really enjoyed it, although I do wish they still had the original film in its entirety, before they cut out so much for the re-release when he found fame. I still liked it quite a bit, Valentino really did well in romantic comedies and light comedies, I thought he and Zasu Pitts did well together in their scenes.