Sign in to follow this  
annamarie6

Steve Cochran

8 posts in this topic

What a great idea to have something like that for Steve Cochran. He's an overlooked actor who contributed so much to his movies. He was always so believable. I remember as a child seeing him in a movie with Ruth Roman. I think it was called "Tomorrow Is Another Day." This movie has stayed with me all these years. I don't think it's been shown on TV for many years, but I'd love to see it again. A very good mystery.

Terrence.

I think my favorite Steve Cochran performance was in the "Purple Gang" episode of "The Untouchables." He was frightening in how determined he was to have his way on everything.

I like him paired w/Virginia Mayo, in White Heat (as "Big Ed").

He's also good w/Anne Baxter in "Carnival Story", playing a tomcat of a barker who tries to drag Anne down to his greasy level.

One of my favorites. I just watched HIGHWAY 101 the other day. An early '50's WB based on the exploits of the Tri-State Gang. He is vicious in this one. Done in sort of a documentary style, the opening has 3 different governors speaking on the gang's exploits.

What an eerie coincidence! Steve Cochran has a featured role in the upcoming BOSTON ****'S RENDEZVOUS mentioned in my post of just a short while ago in this very Forum. If you're a Cochran fan (and I know you are!) you won't want to miss it this coming Wednesday night! He's great in it!