rayban

Random Alerts!

445 posts in this topic

Fox has announced a live version of the Broadway musical, "A Christmas Story", which is based on the classic film and, of course, the musical itself.

It has music by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, who are now enjoying the Broadway success of "Dear Evan Hansen".

7.181031.jpg

• Like 2

Today, on "Days of Our Lives", the same stripper showed up at Paul's and Abigiail's bachelor/bachelorette parties.

But the stripper had gone out with Paul and wanted to hook up with him.

Of course, Paul had to decline.

And, of course, Sonny had just walked into the party.

abby-embarrassed-stripper-days-jj.jpg

• Like 1

Fox has announced a live version of the Broadway musical, "A Christmas Story", which is based on the classic film and, of course, the musical itself.

It has music by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, who are now enjoying the Broadway success of "Dear Evan Hansen".

7.181031.jpg

"Dear Evan Hansen" has an amazing score

• Like 1

Today, on "Days Of Our Lives", just after Paul and Sonny said their personalized wedding vows to each other, the church doors swung open and the crowd gasped in horror - who could it be?, what could it be? - so far, Will, who has returned from the dead, has only appeared in Sonny's and Lucas' dreams -

Days-of-Our-Lives-Spoilers-Paul-and-Sonn

• Like 1

Today, on "Days Of Our Lives", just after Paul and Sonny said their personalized wedding vows to each other, the church doors swung open and the crowd gasped in horror - who could it be?, what could it be? - so far, Will, who has returned from the dead, has only appeared in Sonny's and Lucas' dreams -

Days-of-Our-Lives-Spoilers-Paul-and-Sonn

I guess we will see if this raises the show's ratings. 

• Like 1

I wasn't that thrilled to see them again.

They seem to be even quirkier than ever.

I laughed a couple of times- but the premise seems tired now- of course my favorite scenes are the one with Kyle Bornheimer as the gay secret service guy.

• Like 1

I wonder if there is a gay Harvey Weinstein in Hollywood .

Yes, back in the 50's and 60's, there was super-agent Henry Willson.

Rad02c.jpg

51s-a6qYuYL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 3

Rampant, aggressive and sometimes abusive sexuality has been a part of Hollywood since the industry began (and probably since humankind began and people assumed positions of power). Everyone's heard tales of the casting couch, and whether it was heterosexual, homosexual or less-savory predilections, those in power have used their position to try and take advantage of those willing to do whatever it takes to find success. Beyond the (sadly typical) piggish heteros like Weinstein, there have been stories about "Lavender Mafia" types using their power in the same way, be it men with men or women with women. And there are sadly too many former child stars that corroborate them to dismiss the many stories about industry power-brokers that like their companions too young. It is a sad but common part of the entertainment industry, and maybe this Weinstein scandal breaking will push more into the light. There's no telling how many careers (justly or not) will be harmed or even ruined in the process. It looks like Ben Affleck's is in a downward trajectory at the moment.

• Like 3

Rampant, aggressive and sometimes abusive sexuality has been a part of Hollywood since the industry began (and probably since humankind began and people assumed positions of power). Everyone's heard tales of the casting couch, and whether it was heterosexual, homosexual or less-savory predilections, those in power have used their position to try and take advantage of those willing to do whatever it takes to find success. Beyond the (sadly typical) piggish heteros like Weinstein, there have been stories about "Lavender Mafia" types using their power in the same way, be it men with men or women with women. And there are sadly too many former child stars that corroborate them to dismiss the many stories about industry power-brokers that like their companions too young. It is a sad but common part of the entertainment industry, and maybe this Weinstein scandal breaking will push more into the light. There's no telling how many careers (justly or not) will be harmed or even ruined in the process. It looks like Ben Affleck's is in a downward trajectory at the moment.

Bryan Singer  the producer/ director of the X Men movies was involved in infamous gay pool parties in which young men were coerced into having sex for a chance to be in movies or tv. 

• Like 2

If I knew how to post this I would:  Armie Hammer from CALL ME BY MY NAME dancing joyously for 40-some seconds in a clip from the movie.  It's on the Vulture.com web site under the heading (paraphrasing here) Six Good Things That Happened This Week.

It's been a rotten news week for reasons I needn't get into here but if you would like a little something to cheer you up, check this out.

• Like 2

If I knew how to post this I would:  Armie Hammer from CALL ME BY MY NAME dancing joyously for 40-some seconds in a clip from the movie.  It's on the Vulture.com web site under the heading (paraphrasing here) Six Good Things That Happened This Week.

It's been a rotten news week for reasons I needn't get into here but if you would like a little something to cheer you up, check this out.

I'm looking forward to this movie.

It is based on a terrific book.

But will the filmmakers be faithful to the original?

It is quite GAY.

I do hear that the notorious "peach scene" from the novel has been - lovingly - included in the film version.

I would love to discuss it.

But, here, it would be censored.

31-call-me-by-your-name.w710.h473.jpg

• Like 1

Guess I will have to find out what the "peach scene" is all about. Ha ha!

I wish that I could tell you.

You could get the book.

It is magnificent.

• Like 1

Below, a beautifully-written play -

md3054626887.jpg

The film version cut a great deal of it away.

It was a hit on the London stage.  It starred Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier.

It failed on Broadway.  It starred Michael Redgrave and Barbara Bel Geddes.

• Like 2