rayban

Random Alerts!

401 posts in this topic

Armie Hammer will be starring in a new Broadway play, "Straight White Men".

armie-hammer-broadway-debut-new-york-the

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, rayban said:

Armie Hammer will be starring in a new Broadway play, "Straight White Men".

armie-hammer-broadway-debut-new-york-the

This is really intriguing because there are so many possible points of view from which to build a story. The "straight" in the title really begs the question of whether or not its opposite will be addressed and how. A female director too. This will be something to keep an eye on.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Boys Beware" - I found this Sid Davis PSA on TCM - it's hilarious and, of course, homophobic -

"the homosexual" is seen as a "mentally ill" middle-aged man who preys on young boys who become gradually ensared in his web -

and "the homosexual" isn't above killing these boys, either -

"the homosexual" is A MONSTER -

that movie theaters showed this kind of deeply prejudiced - and uninformed - claptrap - is hardly a PSA.

hqdefault.jpg?fit=480,360&ssl=1

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rayban said:

"Boys Beware" - I found this Sid Davis PSA on TCM - it's hilarious and, of course, homophobic -

"the homosexual" is seen as a "mentally ill" middle-aged man who preys on young boys who become gradually ensared in his web -

and "the homosexual" isn't above killing these boys, either -

"the homosexual" is A MONSTER -

that movie theaters showed this kind of deeply prejudiced - and uninformed - claptrap - is hardly a PSA.

hqdefault.jpg?fit=480,360&ssl=1

 

 

Did this play in movie theaters? It looks more like something that might be shown to impressionable boys at either Catholic school or a Boy Scout meeting

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jaragon said:

Did this play in movie theaters? It looks more like something that might be shown to impressionable boys at either Catholic school or a Boy Scout meeting

My guess is that it was a PSA that was shown in high schools.

Incredibly, it was re-made in color in 1973 under the title, "Boys Aware".

And, incredibly, a third edition was made in 1979.

Boys-Beware-images-448710ed-fed9-4694-93

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A spoof of "Boys Beware" ( some of the guys from the older clip are cute)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jaragon said:

A spoof of "Boys Beware" ( some of the guys from the older clip are cute)

Thanks, the narration is hilarious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did briefly mention Boys Beware on the thread involving "adult" movies. There was a contemporary Girls Beware as well, but involving older heterosexual guys taking advantage of the girl accepting a ride with them. The whole problem in the former film was the suggestion that homosexuality is a "sickness" (and, yes, many tried shock therapy back then to cure themselves of it). Otherwise, the film probably had some good intentions like Girls Beware. Then again, these films were also made to please the California cops, who had their own opinions about morality back then just as today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much to everyone's surprise, "Angels In America" will be closing on July 15 -

and will it be able to win any of its' Tony nominations? -

angels-in-america-london-production-phot

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rayban said:

Much to everyone's surprise, "Angels In America" will be closing on July 15 -

and will it be able to win any of its' Tony nominations? -

angels-in-america-london-production-phot

 

Was it expected to run into the fall? Why is it closing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was supposed to run for 18 weeks.

The 7 and 1/2 hour running time might've been a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, rayban said:

It was supposed to run for 18 weeks.

The 7 and 1/2 hour running time might've been a problem.

Yeah, I guess it would be. Did you go see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the slash fiction begin...

 

Charlie Hunnam & Garrett Hedlund Go Shirtless for Their Run!

www.justjared.com/2018/.../charlie-hunnam-garrett-hedlund...

May 12, 2018 · Charlie Hunnam & Garrett Hedlund Go Shirtless for Their Run! Charlie Hunnam and Garrett Hedlund stripped off their shirts for their workout! Charlie, 38, and Garrett, 33, were seen on a jog around Honolulu, Hawaii e

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rayban said:

It was supposed to run for 18 weeks.

The 7 and 1/2 hour running time might've been a problem.

Perhaps people would rather see "Boys in the Band"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jaragon said:

Let the slash fiction begin...

Charlie Hunnam & Garrett Hedlund Go Shirtless for Their Run!

www.justjared.com/2018/.../charlie-hunnam-garrett-hedlund...

May 12, 2018 · Charlie Hunnam & Garrett Hedlund Go Shirtless for Their Run! Charlie Hunnam and Garrett Hedlund stripped off their shirts for their workout! Charlie, 38, and Garrett, 33, were seen on a jog around Honolulu, Hawaii e

I used to get those two guys mixed up.

227cd3ebd7369c3287313d0ca400cabd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I used to get those two guys mixed up.

227cd3ebd7369c3287313d0ca400cabd.jpg

They both have played gay characters- personally I think Hedlund is sexier but I would not say no to Hunnam😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TopBilled said:

Yeah, I guess it would be. Did you go see it?

No, I had read it and seen the TV adaptation.

I am not a fan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, rayban said:

No, I had read it and seen the TV adaptation.

I am not a fan.

Okay. Thanks for your view on this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Boys In The Band" is going strong at The Biltmore Theater in New York City -

however, Jim Parsons had an accident onstage at the Saturday matinee - 

so, right now, we can only hope that the production will not be cancelled -

boysintheband760x300-pagespeed-ic-bkdeza

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us